Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    silverback11 is offline New Member

bf percentage question

why is it important to have a lower body fat percentage when taking AAS?

cobra305 is offline Member
    To minimize side effects such as gyno and high bp

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    It's not just estrogen effects, though everyone is going to chime in and say that you'll have a higher chance of gyno (I'm not so sure about that, to be honest).

The real issue to me is aesthetics. I think it's safe to say that the majority of AAS users on here use them to have a better physique (unless you are a powerlifter and don't care about cosmetic appearance).

The lower BF you start your cycle, the much better the results will be. You'll be in a much better position to put on quality muscle if you're holding less fat.

It also shows you've put in enough time to know what works for you in terms of diet AND training.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    It's not just estrogen effects, though everyone is going to chime in and say that you'll have a higher chance of gyno (I'm not so sure about that, to be honest).

The real issue to me is aesthetics. I think it's safe to say that the majority of AAS users on here use them to have a better physique (unless you are a powerlifter and don't care about cosmetic appearance).

The lower BF you start your cycle, the much better the results will be. You'll be in a much better position to put on quality muscle if you're holding less fat.

It also shows you've put in enough time to know what works for you in terms of diet AND training.
    ok makes sense. i'm actually a football player and mostly interested in performance but better physique is a bonus. i've just been trying to get back to as close to peak as possible after my knee surgery. left leg had major atrophy and still working on getting it to normal size.

JBarron is offline Member
    Agree with the above posts. Plus you just look better.

At the gym you start to see all your muscle striations you've worked so hard to achieve. Your veins start popping out of your shoulders and biceps, you look jacked and cut up all day long.

I was on a bulk and decided to run a cycle, I was probably at about 12-13%bf, dropped it down to 11-10% before I purchased. By the time I started my cycle I was around 9%, now I'm sitting at 8%, strength goes up and I still gain a lb or more each week.

It really is great to see your progress so vividly right before your eyes, makes training and your decision to cycle all the more better.
    Last edited by JBarron; 06-04-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    When I've cycled at a higher bf(15%), I had a lot more issues with bloating then ever before. With that comes breathing and sleeping problems. The only times I've ever snored or experienced sleep apnea was during higher BF bulking cycles. And of course, BP is higher as well. I can't imagine the problems I would have at 20% or above. An AI helps, but does not eliminate the issue completely.

When Im cutting and at a lower BF, no issues whatsoever.

sweet guess i have quite a bit more work to do lol

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    More bodyfat = more aromatase = more estrogen

Thread Information