Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dan5568 is offline Junior Member

shoulder infection? help please

i recently started a cycle of sust at 500mg/week, i've never had problems in the past with any infections or anything as im very cautious using rubbing alcohol and pinning after a shower ect. but after pinning in my right shoulder the 3rd time varying from 6-12 days since last shot in that area i have a large swollen, red and hot to touch lump under the skin just below my delts. since icing it for a few days its gotten better, i pin 1cc...is this deffinetly an infection or could it be irritated by the prop ester like i've been told? usualy the first two shots in an area hurt for a week then every shot after hurts less..as was ther case with my shoulder untill now ....so my questions are, if it is..what can i do about it? is there anything i can do without going to the hospitol and if not how long can i wait before it gets bad? thanks for any imput i appreciate it!

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    its def infection, the times ive had an infection it was related to the gear much more then the ester, but i guess could be either, i took hot hot baths, it helped some

JBarron is offline Member
    Man I pin prop in my delts, and I've had the same thing happen. It lasted for about 5-6 days, I heated the shit out of it 20 mins on 20 mins off. Icing it seemed to make it alot worse, it eventually went away.

Recently I've started cutting my prop with sterile grapeseed oil, then i will heat them together and inject. It's helped my delt injections soooo much.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Every now and then you have an injection that gives you more pain and it may last for days. Doesn't mean its necessarily infected. If it seems to improve from day to day it's probably going to get better. Keep icing it to relieve swelling.

FWIW, I had an infection in my left quad a few years ago. It was not red, and I did not have a fever. I did have cellulitis and severe edema in that leg though. I nursed it for 2 weeks before going in. It was not getting better obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Every now and then you have an injection that gives you more pain and it may last for days. Doesn't mean its necessarily infected. If it seems to improve from day to day it's probably going to get better. Keep icing it to relieve swelling.

FWIW, I had an infection in my left quad a few years ago. It was not red, and I did not have a fever. I did have cellulitis and severe edema in that leg though. I nursed it for 2 weeks before going in. It was not getting better obviously.
    Do you know what caused the infection?

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarron View Post
    Do you know what caused the infection?
    Looking back, I think I forgot to swab the top of the vial before I drew from it. Im not sure, but I believe that was the cause. I knew after a couple of days, something wasn't right and was trying to determine why. Continued to use the same gear with no issues.

Looking back, I think I forgot to swab the top of the vial before I drew from it. Im not sure, but I believe that was the cause. I knew after a couple of days, something wasn't right and was trying to determine why. Continued to use the same gear with no issues.
    I see, thats crazy. I guess it goes to show how important each step is in completing a safe clean injection.

Blog Entries

im curious if you dont mind..what are the symptoms of cellulitis and edema?....thnx...

dan5568 is offline Junior Member
    yeah Jbarron your totaly right about the heat! the ice stopped the swelling but the lump only seemed to get bigger..ran some hot water over it for 5 mins in the shower twice a day for a few days and its totaly gone now. i would have sworn it was infected but i've never had anything like this before..i guess cgb is right shit just happens every now and then, glad i didnt waste my time going to the docs though!

Quote Originally Posted by dan5568 View Post
    yeah Jbarron your totaly right about the heat! the ice stopped the swelling but the lump only seemed to get bigger..ran some hot water over it for 5 mins in the shower twice a day for a few days and its totaly gone now. i would have sworn it was infected but i've never had anything like this before..i guess cgb is right shit just happens every now and then, glad i didnt waste my time going to the docs though!
    Yeah bro, I've had the exact same thing happen, it sucks.

It doesn't do it anymore, like I mentioned I cut my prop with sterile grapeseed oil, and heat them together in the syringe under hot hot water. Virtually painless.

Brian is offline Junior Member
    If it's a beefy red and warm to the touch it may b infected. I had that problem ten years ago and let it go too long. End result getting cut open from a surgeon. I would get some anti bs asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    If it's a beefy red and warm to the touch it may b infected. I had that problem ten years ago and let it go too long. End result getting cut open from a surgeon. I would get some anti bs asap.
    You obviously don't take the time to read through the posts.

Thread Information