Ammar is offline Senior Member

DMOS - Dimethyl sulfoxide

Let me start by saying I was not really sure whether to put this thread in this forum or the Supplement forum...I went here thinking there could be more views and responses. Anyways, I did a search and did not find much about DMOS on this site.

My question is if anyone has used it for pain relief and/or tendinitis? I have very bad elbow pain and it really hinders my lifts. I know DMOS used to be popular back in the day with alot of powerlifters, not sure if still is...Does anyone have any input or experience?

thank you in advance.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It's DMSO. That's why you can't find info on it.

Oh man I just noticed that too, thanks Bonaparte. Do you have any experience with it?

Nope. Sorry.
    However, this is the first I've heard of it being used for joint pain. Most guys use it a base for transdermal steroids , since it greatly increase skin absorption.

From some of the searches online and other forums it seems that guys use it for joint pain relief by mixing it with Aloe Vera or crushed up ibuprofen. I am just wondering if anyone on this forum has experience with it and how they used it?

Also, I was reading you are supposed to mix it with distilled water before applying. It seems like alot of guys using it for pain relief mix 70% DMSO with 30% distilled water.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ammar View Post
    From some of the searches online and other forums it seems that guys use it for joint pain relief by mixing it with Aloe Vera or crushed up ibuprofen. I am just wondering if anyone on this forum has experience with it and how they used it?

Also, I was reading you are supposed to mix it with distilled water before applying. It seems like alot of guys using it for pain relief mix 70% DMSO with 30% distilled water.
    Pretty sure anything over 50% can cause irritation and burning.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    It's DMSO. That's why you can't find info on it.
    Your right. It is DMSO. I dont like this stuff. Full strength will burn your skin,,it must be in a well diluted form. The smell is bad too. A distinct garlic like odor.

I just found some online that is already mixed in 70/30 in gel form, it was pretty cheap about $15 so I figured I will give it a shot. I will post how it goes. Thanks guys.

Thread Information