Tev123 is offline New Member

Can genetic gyno be fixed without surgery???

Ok so i first noticed i had gyno when i was in my early teens, (not that i knew what it was back then). saw my gp, he said it would go away blah blah blah.

My gyno isnt huge but definately noticeable, looks like i have two sad eyes under my t shirt!

could this be fixed with any serms, letrozol/ nolva? or would surgery be my only option seeing as i have had it for so long?

cheers.

gypsy is offline Associate Member
    got the exact same thing from early teens, not major but can notice, I have done quite a bit of searching but have not come up with much regarding easy reversal. other then surgery.......

boyka is offline Associate Member
    Same problem here, any answers ?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Yes. there's many, many studies showing that pubertal/idiopathic gyno can be relieved by using SERMs (nolva/ralox) and AI's.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3088241:
    Abstract
    Four boys with persistent pubertal gynecomastia were given intramuscular dihydrotestosterone heptanoate (DHT-hp) at 2 to 4-week intervals for 16 weeks. By the end of treatment, breast size in all four boys had decreased 67% to 78%. Initial plasma levels of gonadotropins, estradiol, testosterone , and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) were normal. Mean plasma DHT concentration rose with the injections of DHT-hp, and remained elevated throughout the treatment period. Estradiol, LH, FSH, and testosterone decreased during treatment, as did 24-hour urinary LH and FSH. No regrowth of breast tissue was observed 6 to 15 months after treatment, although hormone concentrations had returned to near pretreatment values by 2 months after the last injection. DHT-hp has potential to be an effective medical therapy for persistent pubertal gynecomastia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15238910
    Abstract
    OBJECTIVES: To assess the efficacy of the anti-estrogens tamoxifen and raloxifen in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia.

STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective chart review of 38 consecutive patients with persistent pubertal gynecomastia who presented to a pediatric endocrinology clinic. Patients received reassurance alone or a 3- to 9-month course of an estrogen receptor modifier (tamoxifen or raloxifene).

RESULTS: Mean (SD) age of treated subjects was 14.6 (1.5) years with gynecomastia duration of 28.3 (16.4) months. Mean reduction in breast nodule diameter was 2.1 cm (95% CI 1.7, 2.7, P <.0001) after treatment with tamoxifen and 2.5 cm (95% CI 1.7, 3.3, P <.0001) with raloxifene. Some improvement was seen in 86% of patients receiving tamoxifen and in 91% receiving raloxifene, but a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%). No side effects were seen in any patients.

CONCLUSION: Inhibition of estrogen receptor action in the breast appears to be safe and effective in reducing persistent pubertal gynecomastia, with a better response to raloxifene than to tamoxifen. Further study is required to determine that this is truly a
    treatment effect.

==========

I found these with some brief searches.

So take your time and don't be afraid of research

gypsy is offline Associate Member
    interesting.... I am doing my first cycle in the next few weeks and have my full pct ready so will see if there is any difference after that.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Four boys with persistent pubertal gynecomastia were given intramuscular dihydrotestosterone heptanoate (DHT-hp)
    DHT Enanthate ??!! I'd always wondered why nobody produced such a thing (instead of proviron ). At least now I know its possible...

Epic1 is offline Associate Member
    nothing worked for me

Thread Information