Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Exclamation A trend that has been bugging me.

Why is that every other newbie on here feels some sense of entitlement just for joining? For some reason I've noticed a huge spike in this trend: some kid joins the forum and asks an inane question like "How much Tren and Dbol should I take for my first cycle?". Inevitably, they don't get the answer they want (because there is no good answer to that type of question), so they cop an attitude and start insulting everyone who took the time to comment or attempt to steer them in the right direction.
    And to make matters worse, some other stupid new member who just joined 2 weeks earlier will often come to the OP's rescue and start lecturing vets on how they're being dicks and should help the OP.

Why is this? You joined a free forum. We don't owe you shit. Whatever info we choose to give you is our perogative, just as it is our right to withhold advice from those we deem undeserving or irresponsible. If we want to point out what you're doing wrong (rather than tell you what compound to run for a first cycle), then say thank you and move on.

Oh, and you're probably going to get poked fun at when you ask dumb questions, so get over it. Some of us have spent a lot of time here and have seen so many stupid questions that we have to develop a sense of humor and crack a few jokes to avoid having a stroke. It's called hazing and is common among males in any sort of organization without an overbearing HR dept. Honestly, if I couldn't have fun with people sometimes, I wouldn't be here anymore. I'm sure the same goes for most vets and mods here. We're only human and need to get our kicks somehow. If every whiny newbie had his way and every sarcastic vet were gone, this forum would have nothing going for it. It would be the blind leading the blind. But hey, at least you wouldn't get your little feelings hurt...

SO: if you're new, lose the attitude and sense of entitlement and realize that you might get ripped on a bit. Hell, if you have a sense of humor and play it smart, you may even earn some respect right off the bat.

/rant.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 08-27-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Thread Information