Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    timjitsu is offline Junior Member

why is he world of AAS so secretive?

ive been wondering this for a while, even before i considered doing them. but why is it pretty much like a secret society. i mean edit c. i can easily get a hold of it. but now if i wanted to get steroids (not fishing) thats a whole different story. i mean i used to train at a Gold's gym for a while and i became close with the owner and pretty much everyone who worked there. you would see all kinds of pro body builders coming in almost everyday. but when i even mentioned steroids they looked at me like i was crazy. i mean come on do they really think im that stupid?

so my question is why is it so secretive?

B1gDaddy is offline Associate Member
    People see steriod users as another type of being. Everyone is brainwashed from the media. And since steriods play a big role in many sports and takes things out of balance so it rubs people the wrong way when someone is using them. Theres much more i could add but im trying to finish a essay right now lol

boyka is offline Associate Member
    Only one of my friends know that i started to use steroids , no one else.
    If i tell every one they will treat me as junkie
    Just stick that needles in your quads, and keep the mouth closed

MrGreen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boyka View Post
    Only one of my friends know that i started to use steroids , no one else.
    If i tell every one they will treat me as junkie
    Just stick that needles in your quads, and keep the mouth closed
    Exactly! The less people who know the better. You wouldnt go around telling everyone you smoke crack or do other drugs why would you consider steroids to be any different?

Me personally I dont like the heat or risk of anyone running their mouth so I keep it quite and mind my business.

jeallybean78 is offline Junior Member
    not to mention they are illegal

rocco-x is offline Junior Member
    it's a whole slew of reasons-misinformation,fear,envy/jealousy,anger...all these things printed by the media and it's purported overexposure lead many to believe they'll be looked at differently if it were found out.a small tight knit group of friends know what i do and to what extent but to the ones i don't see for months at a time,when i run into them their 1st reaction is "holy shit bro,you got huge!c'mon bro,you hittin the juice?"then comes the get me some,who's your connect,i know a friends uncles cousin that'll get it cheaper for you,etc...shit that i don't wanna deal with.i usually laugh it off and just say "lots of chin-ups,push-ups and peanutbutter and change the conversation...

Badadooo is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocco-x View Post
    it's a whole slew of reasons-misinformation,fear,envy/jealousy,anger...all these things printed by the media and it's purported overexposure lead many to believe they'll be looked at differently if it were found out.a small tight knit group of friends know what i do and to what extent but to the ones i don't see for months at a time,when i run into them their 1st reaction is "holy shit bro,you got huge!c'mon bro,you hittin the juice?"then comes the get me some,who's your connect,i know a friends uncles cousin that'll get it cheaper for you,etc...shit that i don't wanna deal with.i usually laugh it off and just say "lots of chin-ups,push-ups and peanutbutter and change the conversation...
    can i get some of your peanutbutter

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member
    Of the 3 (maybe 4) people who know, 3 of them asked when my dick would get smaller. Shows just how mislead people are.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Only people that know about my use of AAS are users themselves. And there are 3 of them. and two of them are my sources. If i told the people i worked with they'd think i was going to have a "roid rage " and everytime i was upset thats probably all i'd hear. I'd rather not deal with that

elcrisp76 is offline Junior Member
    misinformation in general.. A major part of steroid development came from Nazi research in their efforts to make a super soldat. Later the Russians were using roids to kick the westerner's asses in the Olympics..

Even though this lead to Americans developing and utilising even more effective hormones, the "anti American" message had already taken effect and they became a dirty secret.

Only anabolics in sport mind you, i don't think you'd hear Uncle Sam complaining about birth control pills, or cortizone injections...

Hypocracy...

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    its so secretive because i want them all for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    its so secretive because i want them all for myself.
    your avatar is awesome. haha

i put some thought into it since i posted this and it seems like majority of people who use AAS are honest, law abiding citizens (besides the fact that they use AAS haha) who are just trying to better themselves and actually care if they get caught. where as you normal everyday crackhead has no outlook on life and doesnt care what happens to him.

smalltime7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timjitsu View Post
    i put some thought into it since i posted this and it seems like majority of people who use AAS are honest, law abiding citizens (besides the fact that they use AAS haha) who are just trying to better themselves and actually care if they get caught. where as you normal everyday crackhead has no outlook on life and doesnt care what happens to him.
    I am almost offended that you keep referring to rec drugs in the same tone as AAS...........

smalltime7 is offline Member
    you know many times I have been to honest about it. I personally cant see why its ok to eat your self into obesity but people frown on a "supplement" to better yourself anyway my honesty has created hostility at times people tend to blame everything you do, such as a bad day on the use and I have learned its way better to keep it private

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    No rec drug talk pls. Edited

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Lyle Izato died from brain cancer from steroids so they are very bad and very dangerous (even though the american medical association was AGAINST having them scheduled). Of course the thing about lyle is most certainly a lie but growing up that's all *I* heard about steroids. Oh yeah, and your nuts strink too. I recpetionist at the physical therapy place I was going to last year started talking about steroids and made some comments of 'how their nuts shrink' and when I explained about HCG and PCT she said in a shocked tone of voice "They GROW BACK?!?"

wormwood is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post
    Lyle Izato died from brain cancer from steroids so they are very bad and very dangerous (even though the american medical association was AGAINST having them scheduled). Of course the thing about lyle is most certainly a lie but growing up that's all *I* heard about steroids. Oh yeah, and your nuts strink too. I recpetionist at the physical therapy place I was going to last year started talking about steroids and made some comments of 'how their nuts shrink' and when I explained about HCG and PCT she said in a shocked tone of voice "They GROW BACK?!?"
    There's no way to know for sure if it was the steroids that caused the cancer.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Simple reason why people at the gym or people in general look at you crazy when you ask them if they are on gear. They have no reason to tell you yes. It just makes no sense. Druggies are always looking to score or benefit (you buy and share some) from new consumers. With steroids , people at the gym have no reason to let you know what they are on. The few that sell steroids though, they will say yes, and they are more like the druggies in the sense that they see $$ when you ask about it.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    First and foremost, they are illegal. You never know if that real cool guy that you talk to in the gym is a detective looking for a commendation. Secondly, there is a stigma attached to steroids , their use and the people who use them. Third, I'd rather not discuss the subject with a bunch of people who's knowledge does not extend beyond what they heard on the ABC Morning Show. It only leads to frustration, and is better avoided.

tballz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timjitsu View Post
    ive been wondering this for a while, even before i considered doing them. but why is it pretty much like a secret society. i mean edit c. i can easily get a hold of it. but now if i wanted to get steroids (not fishing) thats a whole different story. i mean i used to train at a Gold's gym for a while and i became close with the owner and pretty much everyone who worked there. you would see all kinds of pro body builders coming in almost everyday. but when i even mentioned steroids they looked at me like i was crazy. i mean come on do they really think im that stupid?

so my question is why is it so secretive?
    I'm gonna go with....because it's totally illegal.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    PistolStarta
    Member Join Date: Oct 2009

Of the 3 (maybe 4) people who know, 3 of them asked when my dick would get smaller. Shows just how mislead people are.

WAIT MY DICK WILL GET SMALLER.. HAIR LOSS FINE,SMALLER DICK FORGET IT IM NOT DOING JUICE....LOL

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    it has a "cheater" mentality to it. (at least to the general public, those of us in the know, well...) And to be honest I dont want people to ask me to hook them up. I got a life, wife, kid, dog. I dont want to get wrapped up with some dumbass with loose lips and get pinched.
    so honestly I dont know what you are talking about... steroids , no way I do hugs not drugs- "pull ups and peanut butter" is all it talks.

LouHulk is offline Associate Member
    Illegal, pretty simple basic MAIN reason.

The illegality is a huge factor. How many people do you really trust? I mean like trust to the point where they'd go to jail rather than rat you out. I trust maybe three people that much.

Besides the legality there are is all the social BS that goes with it. Decades of misinformation and outright lies told by politicians, doctors, and the media. Most people are not educated on the subject, so they believe what they've been told. Therefore, users keep quiet so people aren't looking down their noses at them. Plus they are wary that the user is unstable and will freak out at any minute and scream "HULK SMASH!" and flip their car over or something like that.

Thread Information