Thread: cardio ok?

fleck is offline Associate Member

cardio ok?

I know this might sound like a dumb question but is it fine to do cardio while on aas?
    I havent even done any cardio yet since my cycle started (2nd pin today).
    I have avoided doing any but need to know if its okay to do.
    afetr all you never seem to see like 300lb guys doinmg cardio do you?

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Cardio is one of the most important things you can do to protect your heart while on a cycle. So YES KEEP DOING CARDIO

seroiusly? i heard it can enlarge your heart while om aas..?

Steroid use in general can cause enlarged heart. Most often the left ventrical. But this is also commonly found in any athlete who trains with weight. Cardio helps keep your blood pressure low which is raised by most AAS. Cardio and diet will help keep your cholesterol in check. Seriously theres no need to stop cardio on AAS. On the contrary you should try to do cardio. Some AAS make cardio difficult. (anadrol , tren ) due to painfull calf pumps. But if you can do it u should

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Well said, Scotty.

Definitely keep up the cardio.

And I'm positive all those guys getting ready for Mr. O are doing cardio....

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Steroid use in general can cause enlarged heart. Most often the left ventrical. But this is also commonly found in any athlete who trains with weight. Cardio helps keep your blood pressure low which is raised by most AAS. Cardio and diet will help keep your cholesterol in check. Seriously theres no need to stop cardio on AAS. On the contrary you should try to do cardio. Some AAS make cardio difficult. (anadrol, tren) due to painfull calf pumps. But if you can do it u should
    I heard the same....fortunately this study shows otherwise.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...2&searchtype=a

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I think there is also something to be said about the type of cardio you are doing. You don't need to physically exhaust yourself to do cardio. You could walk at a fast pace on an incline for 45 minutes or so to get a good fat burn going.

While on cycle I do a little over 2 hours a week broke into 20 minute sessions before and after wieght training. And its usually as simple as Nooomoto said walking or running at an incline at intervals. Helps get my heart rate up before i lift and keep it going till i finish with the same cardio

yes i think il will start to do some, like you say it doeset have to be too strenuas.

buildingblocks is offline New Member
    Any cardio is good cardio. With everyone else, do not go super strenuous. Take a mild warm up and cool down approach. Depending on what you are running in your cycle, the elyptical can be your best friend. You dont feel as tired as running straight on the treadmill but you can go longer at a 60% heart rate to burn that fat and stay healthy.

V-ROID is offline Member
    Lately I have been doing 5/5/5 (5mph/5 degree incline/5 minutes) before and after working out unless it's a leg day. Usually 3 times a week. That's only 30 minutes of treadmill but it really gets you warmed up before lifting, and it's really tough to finish after lifting. Gives the whole workout more of a cardio circuit feel. Goal is 6/6/6 but I don't see it happening soon. Cardio has always been my weak point.

Thread Information