SomeLiveForTheBill is offline Associate Member

Question Test Prop with Anavar: an unwise 1st cycle?

My stats:
    Age - 31
    Height 6'2"
    Weight 201 lbs
    Lifting experience: nearly 4 years
    Typical bench press workout: 225 lbs, 4 sets of 8 reps
    Bodyfat: 12.5% (caliper)
    Cycle experience: zilch

Here's my question: is running 100 mg ED of Anavar with my Test Prop too risky? I know the general recommendation here is to do a Test only cycle for the 1st, but I'm also aware Var is a mild steroid . I want to incorporate Var with the cycle for the extra strength gains and the fat burning benefits.

I'm now planning my first cycle. I believe it will be:

Weeks 1-12 150 mg Test Prop EOD with a-dex
    Weeks 1-12 100 mg ED Anavar
    Weeks 5-12 HCG 250 mg EOD
    Weeks 14-18 nolva and clomid (dosages per recommended in other threads)

Thoughts? Too damn risky from a physical standpoint or too much rage for a first cycle?

Blog Entries
    so youve never injected before and are going to try prop?...theres nothing wronge with doing it but you might find the post injection pain a bit harsh sence your muscles are not used to being pinned....personaly id just try the prop and see how you react to the test and if its going good after a few weeks and your up to it maybee try adding in the var...if you run both at once and you start getting sides you may have trouble figuring out which compound is causing them...just my 2 cents for free....

gorgorothsatanis is offline Associate Member
    What do you mean by risky? Are you worried about your liver? Test prop and anavar at the dose you are describing is NOTHING compared to some of the things i have seen guys do and hell some of the shit i have done. If you feel sick or the prop is killing you where you shoot it, then re-evaluate your cycle. Try test enanth or cyp if you dont want to shoot ED or EOD. Don't worry about the anavar, the worst that might happen is a stomach ache.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    so youve never injected before and are going to try prop?...theres nothing wronge with doing it but you might find the post injection pain a bit harsh sence your muscles are not used to being pinned....personaly id just try the prop and see how you react to the test and if its going good after a few weeks and your up to it maybee try adding in the var...if you run both at once and you start getting sides you may have trouble figuring out which compound is causing them...just my 2 cents for free....
    This is good advice regarding the 2 compounds in your first cycle and not being able to determine the sides.

To the OP,

I Myself ran my first injectable cycle with test prop on ed injects and ran it with Tbol. I didn't have any experience with either of these compounds but went ahead with it. I suffered no real sides, so all was well.

As for the cycle, I think it is pretty good other than I don't think you should go for so long with prop and var. If I were you, I would shorten the cycle to 8 to 10 weeks..... My 2 cents

Oh, and only use the Adex if estro related sides begin.
    Last edited by Bertuzzi; 09-22-2010 at 01:08 PM.

GymHero is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    This is good advice regarding the 2 compounds in your first cycle and not being able to determine the sides.

To the OP,

I Myself ran my first injectable cycle with test prop on ed injects and ran it with Tbol. I didn't have any experience with either of these compounds but went ahead with it. I suffered no real sides, so all was well.

As for the cycle, I think it is pretty good other than I don't think you should go for so long with prop and var. If I were you, I would shorten the cycle to 8 to 10 weeks..... My 2 cents
    Agree with the bold above.

100mg/day of Anavar is too much for a first cycle. Cut that dose in half. Shorten cycle time of the Anavar to 8 weeks max as well. You do not want to take orals any longer than that, even Anavar. The lower dose will be just as effective, and it will allow you to up the dose for a second cycle, third, etc. 100mg/day is the max dose for Anavar, and more and you see no further benefit. Your body also develops a sort of memory to it, so if you start off with the max dose and then cycle again you won't see near the same results the second time as you would if you ran 50mg the first cycle and then maybe 60-80mg for the second, etc.

Otherwise looks pretty good. Any reason you chose prop over e or c?

Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
    100mg/day of Anavar is too much for a first cycle. Cut that dose in half. Shorten cycle time of the Anavar to 8 weeks max as well. You do not want to take orals any longer than that, even Anavar. The lower dose will be just as effective, and it will allow you to up the dose for a second cycle, third, etc. 100mg/day is the max dose for Anavar, and more and you see no further benefit. Your body also develops a sort of memory to it, so if you start off with the max dose and then cycle again you won't see near the same results the second time as you would if you ran 50mg the first cycle and then maybe 60-80mg for the second, etc.

^^ Disagree....

What was your dose on your first Var only cycle TKO?

Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post

Thanks for the response, but I read on the main site that anything less than 60 mg of Var is not worth it. As for the prop... it's a better quality of test. Money is not an issue for me. I've been saving up for a while to go on AAS. Most first cycles I see here consist of 12 weeks of Test. Is it due to the Var that you are recommending less time on cycle? I'm not worried about pain with the prop, because it will be pharma grade and I plan to cut it with grapefruit seed oil.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgorothsatanis View Post
    What do you mean by risky? Are you worried about your liver? Test prop and anavar at the dose you are describing is NOTHING compared to some of the things i have seen guys do and hell some of the shit i have done. If you feel sick or the prop is killing you where you shoot it, then re-evaluate your cycle. Try test enanth or cyp if you dont want to shoot ED or EOD. Don't worry about the anavar, the worst that might happen is a stomach ache.
    I'll probably take milk thistle if I go with 100 mg of Var ED, but yeah, I'm just worried about too much AAS in my system for a first cycle. On the cycle I have proposed, from what I understand, I could easily gain 25 pounds of lean mass and drop 10 pounds of fat. That's unreal in three months time.

Oh, and only use the Adex if estro related sides begin.

Is it counter-productive to use the Adex from day one just to make sure no gyno begins to creep up?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeLiveForTheBill View Post
    Thanks for the response, but I read on the main site that anything less than 60 mg of Var is not worth it. As for the prop... it's a better quality of test. Money is not an issue for me. I've been saving up for a while to go on AAS. Most first cycles I see here consist of 12 weeks of Test. Is it due to the Var that you are recommending less time on cycle? I'm not worried about pain with the prop, because it will be pharma grade and I plan to cut it with grapefruit seed oil.
    Keep your Var dose where you have it although going down to 80mg to save some money is an ok idea too as you most likely will not notice a difference in gains between 100 and 80.

After about 8 to 10 weeks on prop you won't really continue to make big gains so there is no point to extending the cycle when you can potentially suffer more sides, the longer you run it. Not to mention the short ester will allow you to start to see results much quicker than a long ester.... No point in shutting yourself down for any longer than you have to.

I have also heard of emotional sides coming from prop over 10 weeks but never experienced them myself.

Is it counter-productive to use the Adex from day one just to make sure no gyno begins to creep up?
    It can potentially hinder your gains. I personally would just keep it on hand just in case, but you can run it with the cycle if it keeps your mind at ease.... just a personal preference for me and many others.

needle is offline Senior Member
    After a couple weeks of ed or eod injects prop doesnt hurt anymore. Muscles and body will get use to it... I think 12 wks is another good choice to maximize your first cycle... 100mg of var seems to be very high, especially for a newbie... I ran a var only cycle not to long ago of 30mg daily and I had wonderful results...

Keep your Var dose where you have it although going down to 80mg to save some money is an ok idea too as you most likely will not notice a difference in gains between 100 and 80.

After about 8 to 10 weeks on prop you won't really continue to make big gains so there is no point to extending the cycle when you can potentially suffer more sides, the longer you run it. Not to mention the short ester will allow you to start to see results much quicker than a long ester.... No point in shutting yourself down for any longer than you have to.

I have also heard of emotional sides coming from prop over 10 weeks but never experienced them myself.
    So, cut the cycle down to 10 weeks and cut the Var ED to 80 mgs? Here's a question for you: how much spike to my gains will the Var add with the Test-P versus doing Test-P alone?

So, cut the cycle down to 10 weeks and cut the Var ED to 80 mgs? Here's a question for you: how much spike to my gains will the Var add with the Test-P versus doing Test-P alone?
    Not really an answer for that.... only you would be able to answer that question once you've had personal experience with each compound individually.

Also run something for your liver while on cycle... Liv 52 is good.

Not really an answer for that.... only you would be able to answer that question once you've had personal experience with each compound individually.

Also run something for your liver while on cycle... Liv 52 is good.
    Thanks. 150 mg EOD of the Test P sound right?

Thanks. 150 mg EOD of the Test P sound right?
    Sounds good to me.... I ran 75mg/ed so its the same thing.

Good Luck, be safe, work hard and keep that diet in check!

Thread Information