flexandex is offline Associate Member

Why is a high bodyfat make you more prone to side effects?

Is it to do with estrogen receptors in the fatty tissue?

whats the science behind this one.. just curious.

matt77 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flexandex View Post
    Is it to do with estrogen receptors in the fatty tissue?whats the science behind this one.. just curious.
    That is the main concern and the fact that most over weight people also have other health issues that are higher risk when on AAS. But the Estrogen side is of most concern.

Brewster is offline Member
    Estrogen loves fat... case and point

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    It's not quite that simple.

Since the upgrades, we're having trouble searching through old posts, so I'll just quote a great post by Magic32 on the subject, and post the thread its from when I can:

According to almost every article on gyno, one of the primary causes is how the body deals with its Testosterone - Estrogen levels. One of the causes of gyno being Hypogonadism. Isnt this stating that lower levels of Testosterone in the male body are possibly a main cause of gyno?

Answer:
    NOPE, WHAT IT SUGGESTS IS THAT LOWER (IN THIS CASE) TEST LEVELS WAS THE IMBALANCING FACTOR. WHICH AS POINTED OUT IS TRUE, JUST AS LOWER OR HIGHER ESTROGEN CAN BE. HOWEVER, REGARDLESS OF THE FACTORS THAT INITIATE THE RATIO IMBALANCE, SAID IMBALANCE IS 'ALWAYS' THE CAUSE.

If that is the case, then why are gyno related issues more frequent in AAS users, when obviously higher amounts of testosterone are constantly in the body?

Answer:
    YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE ROOT CAUSE, NAMELY, THE RATIO (NOT THE INDEPENDENT AMOUNTS OF TESTOSTERONE OR ESTROGEN). EVERYONE IS GENETICALLY EQUIPPED TO ‘UNIQUELY’ RESPOND TO RATIO CHANGES. THUS, THE REASON GYNO ISN'T FAR MORE PREVALENT LAYS WITHIN MOST PEOPLES GOOD IMBALANCED RATIO COPING ABILITY. AND THIS IS NOT A REBALANCING RESPONSE EITHER, NOR COULD IT BE, MOST PEOPLE JUST HANDLE IT WELL.

SINCE MOST PEOPLE COPE QUITE WELL, GYNO IS RELATIVELY SPEAKING (IN COMPARISON TO THE VAST NUMBER OF STEROID USERS) INFREQUENT, NEVERTHELESS, BECAUSE MANY GUYS DON’T OR CAN’T COPE WELL, IT WILL ALWAYS BE A PROBLEM, ESPECIALLY FOR A POPULATION THAT SO READILY AND INTENTIONALLY SKEWS THIS RATIO LIKE THE STEROID COMMUNITY.

If in men, that means that gyno can become an issue if estrogen levels are too high (such as when testosterone starts to convert to estrogen due to the aromatase reaction), and since aromatase is found most prevalently in fat cells, so the more body fat a man has, the more aromatase and hence the more estrogen.

Answer:
    THE LOGIC HERE, THOUGH SOUND, IS STILL FLAWED. WHAT IS MEANT BY THAT IS, TAKE BAKING FOR EXAMPLE. IF A CAKE IS TO BE BAKED AT 350 DEGREES FOR 30 MINUTES, LOGICALLY (MATHEMATICALLY IN THIS CASE) IT WOULD BE SOUND TO DOUBLE THE HEAT (700 DEGREES) FOR HALF THE TIME (15 MINS). UNFORTUNATELY, THE HARD AND FAST PRINCIPLES OF MATH DON’T ALWAYS READILY LEND THEMSELVES TO THOSE OF BAKING, RESULTING IN A SEVERELY BURNED CAKE.

UNFORTUNATELY, ALTHOUGH ESTROGEN AND ONE PERSON AND GYNO WITH ANOTHER PERSON ARE RELATED, AND ESTROGEN AND ONE PERSON AND BODYFAT % ARE RELATED, THEY ARE NOT ‘NECESSARILY’ RELATED. THE NATURE OF A RELATIONSHIP AND A LINK DETERMINES IT’S LEVEL OF ATTACHMENT (IF ANY). SO ALTHOUGH OUR FATHER’S CAN BE BROTHERS MAKING US COUSINS, SOMEONE CAN BE RELATED TO ANOTHER PERSON BY VIRTUE AND NATURE OF YOUR MOM, AND THUS NO RELATION TO THE FIRST PERSON. PLEASE FORGIVE THE RATHER CRUDE FAMILY TREE EXAMPLE BUT IT GENUINELY APPLIES HERE, AND THE SAME CAN BE SAID FOR THE WAY BRANCHED CHAINS ARE FORMED.

So wouldnt that mean that a person with higher body fat would be more prone to developing gyno since there would be more aromatase in the his body, thus more estrogen?

Answer:
    THIS IS AN IPSO FACTO ARGUMENT, IN WHICH ONE POSTULATES THAT MORE FAT = MORE AROMATIZATION = MORE GYNO INCLINATION.

BUT THE ANSWER IS STILL NO. HAVING MORE BODYFAT FOR AROMATIZING ACTIVITY TO TAKE PLACE, IN NO WAY EFFECTS ONES GENETIC COPING MECHANISM. IN OTHER WORDS, INCREASING A RAW MATERIAL (LIKE BODYFAT) DOESN’T NECESSARILY IMPACT THE OUTCOME, JUST AS HAVING "MORE THAN ENOUGH" SOAP, WATER, OR TOWELS TO WASH YOUR CAR DOESN’T MAKE IT ANY CLEANER.

WE KNOW IPSO FACTO REASONING TO BE FALSE IN MANY THINGS SUCH AS FATTER WOMEN ALWAYS HAVE LARGER BREASTS, STRONGER LEGS EQUAL A HIGHER VERTICAL, BIG GUYS CAN BENCH MORE THAN SMALLER ONES, ETC. ALL OF THESE PRESUME CORRELATIONS THAT, THOUGH 'POSSIBLY' TRUE (SOMETIMES), ARE NOT 'NECESSARILY' TRUE (ALL THE TIME).

OR THINK OF IT IN TERMS OF SENSITIVITY, IN WHICH CASE IT’S TRUE OF MANY THINGS…HISTAMINE, SHELL FISH, PEANUTS, ALCOHOL, HIV, ETC. SOME PEOPLE ARE GENETICALLY PREDISPOSED TO BE MORE SENSITIVE (POORER IMBALANCE COPING MECHANISM) TO SEX HORMONE RATIO IMBALANCES AND PHYSICALLY REACT (MUCH LIKE ALLERGY SUFFERS, FAMILY ALCOHOLICS, AND THOSE WHO DO GET FULL BLOWN AIDS) WITH GYNO ACQUISITION. THUS, IF THE INITIATING FACTOR IS INTRODUCED (THE ALLERGEN, ALCOHOL, OR VIRUS), THEIR SENSITIVITY/GENETICALLY POOR COPING ABILITY WILL 'LIKELY' LEAD THEM TO A NEGATIVE END, LIKE GYNO.

NEVERTHELESS, A NATURALLY LEAN MAN WITH SINGLE DIGIT BODYFAT, WITH A POOR GENETIC PREDISPOSITION TO HANDLING THIS RATIO IMBALANCE WILL LIKELY ACQUIRE GYNO IF THE FACTOR IS STRONG ENOUGH (TESTOSTERONE AND ESTROGEN TOO LOW OR HIGH). CONVERSELY, A MORBIDLY OBESE MAN WITH A GOOD GENETIC COPING PREDISPOSITION WILL NEVER GET IT REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH HE SKEWS THE RATIO, AND ALTHOUGH HE’LL STILL HAVE SUBSTANTIAL FATTY BREAST DEPOSITS, IF OVERALL BODYFAT IS REDUCED, SO TO WILL THESE DEPOSITS, AS OFTEN EVIDENCED BY BIGGEST LOSER COMPETITORS

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    I wont get into all the biology of it cause there are way more intelligent members who could explain it better...

simply put, if you are over weight, your body is not use to the stresses of training. The sides I always warn people about are not even the ones directly associated with taking anabolics, but more so the results of trying to burng off excessive fat by thinking anabolics will aid in the quick reduction.

Chances are someone is overweight cause they eat like crap or dont exersise. Adding anabolics to this will yeild no gains. Adding potent "fat burners" to someone who already has a poor cardiovascular system can cause heart problems, high BP, anxiety etc...

Anabolics are a serious game, and if someone says they are ready to play this game then they for damn sure would need to be serious enough to get their Diet and training down first. And if that happens, the weight will take care of itself and then cycling can be used for muscle building/sculpting, not for trying to cheat the weight off.

I've said this tons of times, anabolics are not a bandaid for poor diet and trinaing. They are used to push our natural boundaries.

-KP

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stiflersmom View Post
    try some clenbuterol i heard it is is good if your overweight also hcg works too
    You should read more, and post less

try some clenbuterol i heard it is is good if your overweight also hcg works too
    can you read the post right above this one... your 1st post and you're already showing your lack of knowledge...

"I heard this" responses are what get people into health troubles

D7M
    Blog Entries
    why do you say that? i did read those are good for weight loss.
    Not trying to come down on you, bro. It's cool.

But the OP didn't ask about fat loss specifically.

He asked a theoretical question.

Also, we try to discourage giving advice based on hear say here. If there's something I don't know about, I don't guess. I just don't post in that thread.

Further, we try to promote and encourage safe advice.

Without knowing anything about the OPs physical statistics, how can we know if clen is right for him?

Finally HCG isn't good for weight loss. People lost weight using it because they were on extremely caloricaly restricted diets.

you said anabolics are bad. clen is considered an anabolic ? I was just trying to help the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Adding potent "fat burners" to someone who already has a poor cardiovascular system can cause heart problems, high BP, anxiety etc...
    -KP
    do those sound like nice sides from using potent fat burners like clen? Trying to help and helping are 2 different things... the wrong advice can kill sometimes.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Ask my tits. j/k

Thread Information