Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member

The "weight Qualifier".

OK, so I'm sure this thread may cause some debate but there has been one area regarding the uses of AAS that causes me frustration.

There seems to be this "Weight Qualifier" or perhaps an imaginary line, that people must cross before they are "OK" to uses AAS.

I hear all the time..."your only 170lbs...you need to get to at least 200lbs naturally before you should use AAS."

Ok I will admit that there more often then not there is room for natural gains when some one wants to take AAS. In fact im pretty sure there are a select few that have actually reached there "genetic potential" before they cycle.

Ok here is my point. I'm always hearing you need to gain at least (x) amount of weight before you NEED, AAS.

1. Every one is different. Guessing there "genetic potential" is like guessing the lottery numbers. You don't know them, or there family, or there genes. Simply seeing there height and saying well I weighed (x) amount more at that height, isn't a indicator of what they can achieve naturally.

2. Putting "Genetic Potential" behind, no one actually NEEDS AAS. If some one can gain an extra 10 pounds of muscle naturally before AAS, dose it really matter? What about the guy who has reached his "genetic potential" he still doesn't need AAS. Yes he needs them if he wants to get any bigger, but he still is just a guy WANTING to get bigger. He doesn't need them. Not at all. He wont die with out them. So how is this any different then the guy who is 10lbs behind his natural limit? Regardless of if he needs AAS he is the same guy as the guy who dose, he just wants to get bigger.

I feel like many people who have worked to there "potential" with out them feel like that person is taking some thing away from them by becoming big faster. But all in all, any one who has taken AAS out side of HRT has taken them not because they need them, but because they want them. I feel like as long as that person understands diet and knows how to train safely it shouldn't really matter how small they are before. I think all this focus on weight and natural potential is just a way to see if that person knows diet and exercise enough to keep there gains, and it has nothing to do with how close they are to "NEEDING" AAS

Any insight, comments, disapproval?
    Last edited by BOBfromfightclub; 10-20-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Thread Information