BrysZ is offline Associate Member

My question of the day...

Okay I over think everything to the point where I drive myself crazy...I have been putting together a plan for losing weight during a cutting regiment after the first of the year. I purchased some clen /t3/keto/taurine from our friends at AR-R .

I am interested in your opinions/suggestions regarding a very mild cycle to maintain muscle mass or maybe even gain a little during this cutting period.

I am concerned because I typically do lose muscle when cutting and I have learned a lot about my diet to help maintain the muscle but I am extremely concerned with using the clen/t3.

I am 44 years old, 5'-11", 195 pounds, bf (just a guess) 20%. Thank you for your response...

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Diet and cardio are your best bet. Meds come 2nd. That being said I wouldn't run t3 without at least a low dose of test. 300mg/week would probalby do just fine. Have you posted up your diet in the diet section? Small tweaks can sometimes do a lot. Have you decided on the dose of t3/clen ? Duration?

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Diet and cardio are your best bet. Meds come 2nd. That being said I wouldn't run t3 without at least a low dose of test. 300mg/week would probalby do just fine. Have you posted up your diet in the diet section? Small tweaks can sometimes do a lot. Have you decided on the dose of t3/clen? Duration?
    Thank you for your input Scotty. I posted my tenative plan below. When you suggest a low dose of test what exactly do you mean? I have seen several types of testosterone ...I apologize for being so ignorant...there is just so much to understand.

In summary here is my plan...

Week One:
    Ramp up Clen from 20 to 120 mcg / Ramp up T3 from 25 to 50mcg / Keto-0mg

Week Two:
    Clen-120mcg / T3-50mcg / Keto-0mg

Week Three:
    Clen-120mcg / T3-50mcg / Keto-3mg

Weeks Four and Five:

Week Six:

Weeks Seven and Eight:

These amounts were chosen after research they will be adjusted due to side effects, body temperature and blood pressure. I also plan to supplement with Taurine and Potassium as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BrysZ View Post
    Thank you for your input Scotty. I posted my tenative plan below. When you suggest a low dose of test what exactly do you mean? I have seen several types of testosterone ...I apologize for being so ignorant...there is just so much to understand.
    At 44 years old you could be a candidate for testosterone replacement therapy. See your doctor its a lot easier when you can just go grab it and the pharmacy. By low dose i mean just a little over a TRT dose. A common starting point for trt is 200mg a week of test cyp. If you were to do test you'd want a long ester like cypionate or enanthate so you wont' have to inject every other day or every day. Instead just twice a week.

In summary here is my plan...

Week One:
    Ramp up Clen from 20 to 120 mcg / Ramp up T3 from 25 to 50mcg / Keto-0mg
    no need to go all the way up to 120 in one week. Same for t-3
    Week Two:
    read up on the profile on clen. It would be benificial to take a week off every 2 weeks and just run the t3 and keto. If you run clen that long you're eventually going to see a drop in progress
    Week Three:

Weeks Four and Five:

Week Six:

Weeks Seven and Eight:

These amounts were chosen after research they will be adjusted due to side effects, body temperature and blood pressure. I also plan to supplement with Taurine and Potassium as needed.
    How much cardio are you doing right now?

Scotty...currently I am trying to add some size/strength so I am not doing any cardio. Being a hard gainer with a lean, lanky body type I have never had much success adding muscle while dieting and doing cardio.

Once I begin the cutting regiment (after the first of the year) I plan to start doing cardio again 3 x per week. I find a HIIT cardio program to be very effective. I will typically do 2 minutes of extremely intense cardio followed by 1 minute of moderate cardio and continue this cycle for 20 minutes. I do have to be careful because I have become addicted to cardio in the past and it cost me dearly in the muscle mass catagory.

I will also cut out as much sugar, starch and fat as possible while trying to maintain 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. I consider myself to be a extremely disclipined dieter especailly during winter and spring. I do have a problem with overtraining and not eating enough and I am consciously working on that and getting better with practice. Summer and Fall are my downfall which is why I am in need of cutting in the first place. Combined with the fact that I am purposely trying to add (or trying to not care about) body fat to aid my muscle growth. Thank you again for your time....

Scotty...in reply to your other questions/comments...

I do have an appointment this Friday for a physical and blood work. I mentioned to my doctor that I am concerned with being low-t. He said it is possible but he highly doubts it...doesn't seem to be too optimistic

I was also thinking of taking the third week off entirely of clen ...thank you for confirming that idea...I agree it would be good to throughly clear the receptors and I will most likely need a break from the clen.

Do you reccomend taking two weeks to ramp up the clen and t3 to my maximum dosage?

Sounds good. Id still post your diet in the diet forum. I thought i knew how to eat, untill i got in there and found out i had a lot more to learn

Sounds good. Id still post your diet in the diet forum. I thought i knew how to eat, untill i got in there and found out i had a lot more to learn
    I will do that...I am in process of putting the cutting diet plan together and I will definitely be looking for feedback...thank you again very much...its so awesome to get prompt, insightful, meaningful feedback!!!

BTW...2 weeks to ramp up to full strength sound right????

Lastly...would you mind if I PM you on occasion when questions pop up?

Yeah two weeks sounds good. Don't mind you PM'ing me at all but there is a search button on the forum that will help you. Any question you ask has probably been asked at least 100 times before in this forum. But feel free to PM me if you can't find the answer you need and even if i don't have it I can find the people who do.

Yeah two weeks sounds good. Don't mind you PM'ing me at all but there is a search button on the forum that will help you. Any question you ask has probably been asked at least 100 times before in this forum. But feel free to PM me if you can't find the answer you need and even if i don't have it I can find the people who do.
    I have been doing a lot of searching and reading and searching and reading...honestly. All the stickies and posts I find informative are printed off and I have started a binder of hard copies that I can refer to whenever without having to find them again. I am extremly OCD...lol. The problem I am having is either I am too ignorant, I am getting myself confused, or I there is too much contradictory information. Thank you again...

Thread Information