lucas7 is offline Associate Member

Infection need help please

Got an infection in the delt went to the doc and he put me on a course of antibiotics but its still really inflamed after 5 days and getting hot and cold and sweating alot at night also really really run down and no energy

Now i injected in the right spot the infection is because some rubber from the vial fell into the gear and i didnt notice into after i injected it.... so im guessing i have a infection because i now have a small piece of rubber in my delt.

I tryed to explain the to the doc but he didnt really listen just shook his head and gove me the prescribtion

SO NOW YOU KNOW THE STORY MY REAL QUESTION IS.....

Will a course of antibiotics sort this out or would i have to get the little piece of rubber cut out of my delt ?

tdiddy is offline Junior Member
    Did you sterilize the area before injection?

Did you use a new needle?

What size needle did you use to draw the oil?

It could also be from the steroid being unsanitary.

tdiddy is offline Junior Member
    Antibiotics will fight the infection. If it does not beat the infection, you may develop an abscess. This is an infection that needs to be drained before it causes damage to the muscle and organs. If the area gets warmer, and becomes more swollen, it may be developing. A fever is almost 100% a dead giveaway. If that happens, go to the ER. In the mean time, keep up with the anitbiotics prescribed

Always sterile use one needle to draw the change to new needle to inject

forgot to mention when i draw i had to use a faulty blunt needle (clean and new in packet) that was not sharp and that is what caused some of the rubber to be pushed into the vial when it pierced the rubber top of the vial with the blunt needle.

What is ER
    and what happens if it needs to be drained, how serious is it and how long till i can lift weights again ? and will i 100 % recover

Just trying to cover all angles so i can prepare for what ever may be the outcome

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I always use a 22g to draw. Anything bigger can chew up the stopper and cause this issue. But if you then switch to a 25g to inject, you shouldn't have any issues with injecting the rubber chunk.
    You will certainly not need to get some tiny rubber chunk cut out surgically. The antibiotics should take care of it. Once it is sterile, your body will just wall it off with a small sterile abscess and you'll never know it is there.

will i have a little lump in my arm always or will it completly go ?

is it ok to continue with my injections (sust and deca ) while on antibiotics ?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lucas7 View Post
    You'll have a small lump like 1" deep in your muscle, so I doubt you'll notice it much.

is it ok to continue with my injections (sust and deca) while on antibiotics ?
    yes. But you should transfer the gear to a new sterile vial if it indeed has an open hole in the stopper. I would then boil or autoclave the vial to make sure its sterile.

ml87 is offline Associate Member
    i had a sterile abscess and my dr put me on 10 days of antibiotics and gave me a cortisone shot in the infected area. some of it calcified so i will always have a little bump there but not its the size of a marble instead of an egg..

will i be able to do weights when it starts to go down i should a wait a bit ?

thanks for everyones helpful info

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    er =emergency room

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    One thing I might add,

The other symptoms you describe (being run down, no energy etc) are probably just the affects of the antibiotic, and the sweating is a common side of many steroids this is normal. However when you say your hot and cold you need to check and if you still have a fever after 5 days this is a sure sign that you may still have an infection present the same would also apply to local heat ( assuming its been a week since injection) at the abscess.

Although the chances are 95% that you are fine in my opinion it would be a good idea to either seek a second opinion (BEST PLAN) or at least do a follow up with your doctor, if the infection is still present and is near a vein/artery/nerve and it spreads it could be very serious.

juice8765 is offline Junior Member
    I had a similar issue, in the glute... I did 2 ccs an I got this hard lump, an over few days my entire glute was rock solid. Very painfull couldn't even sit, docs perscribed me antibiotics just incase, an while on them I did feel out of energy. Reading articles like 'a glute abcess my story' scared the shit out of me so I went to the er. They even did an ultra sound on my ass to see if there was an fluid build up an there wasn't, no fevers. Kept working out an injecting other areas... it went away in like 2 weeks. So it could be that u tore up your muscel during the injection or hit a nerve causin the pain an inflamation... but stay on the antibiotics an finish them completley, an like every 1 said if fevers develop is an obvious sign, if longer than 2 weeks go back to the er for 2nd opinions. An I have a pea sized lump, just hard to the touch can't notice, guessin scar tissue I dunno

ml87 is offline Associate Member
    if you do not need to get it drained surgically, you will not have any down time at the gym.

Thread Information