D.Pump is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!

Growth Hormone prescribed as a youth and effects on AAS

If I was prescribed growth hormone as a teen (12-15) should I take this into account when considering AAS? I'm worried that this means that I may have a sensitive/defunct HPTS axis and should avoid AAS altogether? To anyone with knowledge in this area any information would be great

do you mind if I ask why you were prescribed it?

....growth hormone deficiency, Turner syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, chronic renal insufficiency, or idiopathic short stature???

Also, what are your current stats: age, weight, bodyfat, height...???

As a child I was diagnosed with a chromosomal disorder, called achondroplastic dwarfism... and was treated with HGH therapy for a few years.
    Last edited by muscle_dysmorphia; 10-31-2010 at 12:43 PM.

I was prescribed for growth hormone deficiency

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Pump View Post
    I was prescribed for growth hormone deficiency
    Can you be more specific please so you can get more help...plus your stats will be needed too...thanks

Sorry it took me so long to reply

Stats
    20 yo
    6'2
    175 lbs
    11%bf (skin caliper by school trainer)

Prescribed growth hormone from age 12-15 I barely qualified for it based on my pituitary stress test. I took 2.2 mg of Saizen every night. I was working out from about 14 on hoping that the HGH would provide a little benefit in the gym. It didn't but that wasn't the primary reason I was taking it so it was nbd. Anyway hope that gives you enough information on that.

bump

thanks for your stats. first of all 20 is way too early to take any steroids anyway. Reason being is that you already have a lot of natural hormones now and to do so could risk your natural testosterone which I assume you would not want to risk. I am happy you are here so you can learn and study.

as far as your other question, I am not qualified to respond to that. Regardless please focus on your diet and training now since you are LOADED with hormones which will give you an edge most guys wish they had! If you want more help with your diet or workout then there are other forums here where the guys will really help you out. They love doing it so may as well go there and get the help you need now while you are in a good position to take advantage of it!

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You're only 20 years old and scrawny. You shouldn't even be thinking about AAS in this point in your life.

here is an idea: just a couple days ago a challenge was announced here on this site. This challenge starts in January and goes for 12 weeks. The idea is this: those who sign up will be assigned a trainer who will work privately thru PM's with guidance. Then at the end, whoever has the most improved before/after photo will win. I think because you are 20 and full of hormones you would have a real edge as to making your gains. Please look at the link below. All you have to do is tell them that you are interested and the closer the contest gets, then a moderator will assign you your personal trainer. This is the first ever here of anything like this. Hey! this might be your lucky time in life. Go for it. How often does an opportunity like this come along? I hope to see your name on the list!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...tion-Challange
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 11-24-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks for all your advice and info. However, if I wanted to know whether I was old enough to take steroids I would've posted a thread saying "Hey am I old/big/experienced enough to take AAS" but I've read enough threads on here to know where that would take me. I understand that diet and dedication are more important than steroids, especially at my age. And believe me I've spent a fair amount of time studying the diet and nutrition section of this website. Yes Ive spent hours going through my diet counting my macros and yes I am eating every couple of hours until I literally hate food. But my real question was how Growth hormone prescribed as a youth effects AAS later in life. Not necessarily RIGHT NOW but in general. If anyone can answer that then awesome if not Ill keep looking around.

PS I am going to check out the contest thanks for that link

If I was prescribed growth hormone as a teen (12-15) should I take this into account when considering AAS? I'm worried that this means that I may have a sensitive/defunct HPTS axis and should avoid AAS altogether? To anyone with knowledge in this area any information would be great
    Thanks for all your advice and info. However, if I wanted to know whether I was old enough to take steroids I would've posted a thread saying "Hey am I old/big/experienced enough to take AAS" but I've read enough threads on here to know where that would take me. I understand that diet and dedication are more important than steroids, especially at my age. And believe me I've spent a fair amount of time studying the diet and nutrition section of this website. Yes Ive spent hours going through my diet counting my macros and yes I am eating every couple of hours until I literally hate food. But my real question was how Growth hormone prescribed as a youth effects AAS later in life. Not necessarily RIGHT NOW but in general. If anyone can answer that then awesome if not Ill keep looking around.

PS I am going to check out the contest thanks for that link
    A bit of a difference.."considering" as opposed to " later in life....not necessarily right now but in general"....My response was based on "considering" which I hope you understand

Glad you are going to check out the thread. Hope you to see your name on the list!

GREAT!!! just saw your name on the list! GOOD FOR YOU! GO GET 'EM!

Thread Information