Thread: Accutane

ms17001 is offline New Member

Accutane

Shit I had really bad acne last time i did a cycle and some people on here recommended to have accuutane on hand in case it happens again. I just saw one of those 'if your loved one has been harmed..." commercials for accutane. Any thoughts? I just started my second cycle and have been using Nizoral Shampoo daily. I think it really helped last time.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    There are positives and negatives to ALL drugs, you have to weight them up, i was on accutane for 4 months when i was in my teens, i dont see any adverse affects now, just the sides when i was on it. my bones hurt, my skin was super dry!

I got sides on my first cycle. I finally got on accutane and got everything cleared up. I don't have any bad side effects. I tried all the topical stuff. Nothing worked. Accutane, now that's the real deal.

wormwood is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, here's some thoughts. I had SEVERE cystic acne ALL over my body from the ages of 13-21. Then I took a course of accutane and then it cleared up and NEVER came back. That was almost 10 years ago. Accutane was a Godsend to me.

wormwood is offline Associate Member
    That was before I cycled. I've cycled twice since taking a FULL course of Accutane and, despite having SEVERE acne in the past, I have experienced almost none since....even while on cycle. The only exception, for me, was that Dbol caused a few on the lower back part of my neck.

Solomon is offline Junior Member
    Try Akamin, a lot less harsh and still works well

ms17001 is offline New Member
    Sounds like all positives. This commercial was saying side effects like colon removal and I kinda freaked. Anyway I got it just for a last case scenario, I never want to have that back/shoulder/chest acne post cycle again.

mick86 is offline Member
    As a accutane user myself (its marketed as Roaccutane here in Australia) and with many friends who have also used the drug I'd say the most common long term side effect is dry lips, most of use always need to use lip barm. I havent used accutane in around 3 years but still have dry lips. Also dry eyes is quite common, I don't really have to use anything for this though moisturizing eye drops occasionally is a good idea if they are particularly dry. Beyond that I havent heard to many complaints, and it's done wonders for our skin

Br0dy69 is offline New Member
    I believe that commercial was caused because of 1 person. I do recommend it if you've tried everything else and you seem to be getting no where. Go see a Doc for sure and if it's fairly bad he'll prescribe it.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by mick86 View Post
    As a accutane user myself (its marketed as Roaccutane here in Australia) and with many friends who have also used the drug I'd say the most common long term side effect is dry lips, most of use always need to use lip barm. I havent used accutane in around 3 years but still have dry lips. Also dry eyes is quite common, I don't really have to use anything for this though moisturizing eye drops occasionally is a good idea if they are particularly dry. Beyond that I havent heard to many complaints, and it's done wonders for our skin
    Are u saying u still suffer from dried lips from the accutane, even though its been 3 years since your last dose of it?

Thread Information