tcook is offline Associate Member

Arrow arms WILL not grow !!!

arms are not budging a mm been same size for over a year!!!
    have posted threads before but am getting tired of the hard work
    have tried everything from training once a week to 2ce a week etc etc
    rest of my body slowly grows but arms do not
    anyone ever had same probalem ??

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    What's your arm routine and what size ate they? Also stats

tcook is offline Associate Member
    arms are just over 14 inches and it changes every programme
    at the moment i am doing
    3 sets ez barbell curl for 8-10 reps
    seated hammer curls 3 sets 8-10 reps
    and one set of 21s to finish.
    stats
    21 (just)
    6'
    78-80kg
    low b,f

kleaver is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tcook View Post
    looks kinda lame, imho

there are a lot of ways to make your arms look big... biceps look big when flexed, but "cold" arms look big when you have big triceps. weighted dips, closer grip bench, overhead extensions, rolling DB extensions, skull crushers... try all of these.

imho, ez bars are awful when trying to specifically work on biceps- the curved grip is easier on the wrist, but when you pronate yoru arm, your bicep slackens, and you are primarily lifting with your brachiialis muscle. curl with a flat bar- and cables are your best bicep friend if your gym's weight stack goes high enough
    try to hit from a bunch of angles: standing flat bar cable curls, spider curls with BB or flat bar cable, incline db stretch curl

also, heavy power movements will help train yoru arms. heavy floor presses in a rack, rev-closegrip pulldowns, DB rows/hammerstrength rows, etc...

your typical 8-10 rep scheme is pretty standard for hypertrophy, but try mixing it up and doing PL movements in the beginning of the week, rest, and then do isolated biceps and triceps at the end of the week- varying yoru reps may help your plateau... PL movements 3-5rep max, hypertrophy movements, 10-12

throw some drop sets in there...

honestly, you need to get creative in your training- following a basic cookie cutter program will have you looking like a basic cookie cutter gym-goer

desizon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcook View Post
    arms are just over 14 inches and it changes every programme
    at the moment i am doing
    stats
    21 (just)
    6'
    78-80kg
    low b,f
    My biceps respond well to high, fast paced volume training. Try to create more tension and intensity. Make sure your DIET IS NOT hindering your gains, also.

stpete is offline Banned
    Constantly mix up your routine....Head to the "workout forum" and do some research there. Post up your routine as well.

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    Remember you arms are made up of your biceps AND triceps. In fact, your triceps account for more of your arm size than biceps. For biceps stick with standing STRAIGHT bar curls as your mainstay and add in another exercise that you find gives you a good burn. You don't need to get fancy at this point and can probably skip the hammer curls. For triceps do skull crushers, as the primary exercise and add in dips, rope pulldowns, etc.. for the second exercise. Don't forget to accentuate the negative portion of the movement.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    It could be genetics. I'm also gentically fvcked when it comes to arms, triceps especially.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Tricepts make up like 2/3 of the arm try focasing on tri's you're bound to see a differance
    If that fails you're arms will have a future as toothpicks....j/k

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    With overall mass will come overall size to your arms typically. Keep up with a healthy diet and try not to change your routine too often. Stick to multi-joint movements for your Triceps, and don't OT your biceps. They don't need too much volume.

Like others stated, focus on your Triceps as I didn't see any movements in there that targeted these.

ml87 is offline Associate Member
    I also suffer form genetically hard gaining arms (made up the diagnosis). i can gain everywhere fairly well except for my biceps. last winter I started changing up my routine and had a training partner who was extremely anal about form and since then I have gained .75 of in inch. And everybody is right, triceps can not be forgotten.

boxin23 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kleaver View Post
    looks kinda lame, imho

there are a lot of ways to make your arms look big... biceps look big when flexed, but "cold" arms look big when you have big triceps. weighted dips, closer grip bench, overhead extensions, rolling DB extensions, skull crushers... try all of these.

imho, ez bars are awful when trying to specifically work on biceps- the curved grip is easier on the wrist, but when you pronate yoru arm, your bicep slackens, and you are primarily lifting with your brachiialis muscle. curl with a flat bar- and cables are your best bicep friend if your gym's weight stack goes high enough
    try to hit from a bunch of angles: standing flat bar cable curls, spider curls with BB or flat bar cable, incline db stretch curl

also, heavy power movements will help train yoru arms. heavy floor presses in a rack, rev-closegrip pulldowns, DB rows/hammerstrength rows, etc...

your typical 8-10 rep scheme is pretty standard for hypertrophy, but try mixing it up and doing PL movements in the beginning of the week, rest, and then do isolated biceps and triceps at the end of the week- varying yoru reps may help your plateau... PL movements 3-5rep max, hypertrophy movements, 10-12

throw some drop sets in there...

honestly, you need to get creative in your training- following a basic cookie cutter program will have you looking like a basic cookie cutter gym-goer

To the OP......the above ^^^^ advice given by this guy is pretty well thought out and pretty awesome. Great post Kleaver......great advice...

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    As you can see from my Avatar, I too am biceps challenged. I'm going to go with some of the suggestions here, especially switching to Oly bar spider curls as my primary exercise instead of the EZ bar. I'm happy with my tri progress.

Thread Information