wmaousley is offline American Bedoo

A question a collegue has asked me????????

I was approached by my longtime friend & collegue whom has steady weight training experience that spans 10 years, however he has been idle for about 19 months, and has asked me "will it be ok if he could workout a month to get back in the grove then induce a cycle" (exact wording) I said maybe but told his ass to ask his trainer, can any of you shed some light on what should have been a common sense Q & A.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have seen guys do that....quiet a shocking change in a short time, just balloning up.

But I would wait a bit longer until muscle memory and strength are back up....less chance of injury. say 3-4 months, if he hits it hard

Duckhombre is offline Associate Member
    try to encourage him to give it a year! How old is he, and how much muscle is holding? Some hold it better than others, and the older he his, the quicker he his likely ro become frustrated. People that are well practiced in the anabolic arts, (know how to eat, lift, ect) will often find themselves gaining at tremendous rates, because thay don't have to go through those learning curves. I got my training partner from the couch after about two years away, and everyone thought I was juicing him! He is near 40! So encourage him to go a year, and at least till the plateau...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhombre View Post
    try to encourage him to give it a year! How old is he, and how much muscle is holding? Some hold it better than others, and the older he his, the quicker he his likely ro become frustrated. People that are well practiced in the anabolic arts, (know how to eat, lift, ect) will often find themselves gaining at tremendous rates, because thay don't have to go through those learning curves. I got my training partner from the couch after about two years away, and everyone thought I was juicing him! He is near 40! So encourage him to go a year, and at least till the plateau...

If you have trained for 10 years and had a break of 19 months, you should be pretty much back after 4 months....no??

I was, after 8 years off....was squatting over 400 in 4 months at 38

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhombre View Post

He is my age 28 weighs about the same maybe 10lbs more so 190ish and 5'9" Decent physique but not a monster lol. ANyway I will pass on the information you gentlemen graciously provided. Thank you

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    I was approached by my longtime friend & collegue whom has steady weight training experience that spans 10 years, however he has been idle for about 19 months, and has asked me "will it be ok if he could workout a month to get back in the grove then induce a cycle" (exact wording) I said maybe but told his ass to ask his trainer, can any of you shed some light on what should have been a common sense Q & A.
    Unless you left out the "tro" part in the middle of that word, tell him to put the money towards an English class It will get him further in life.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    1 month is way 2 short id say 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Unless you left out the "tro" part in the middle of that word, tell him to put the money towards an English class It will get him further in life.
    Induce is a word that has many meanings, and yes its used properly in this context. If you have nothing to add to the stated subject matter then mind your own business.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Induce is a word that has many meanings, and yes its used properly in this context. If you have nothing to add to the stated subject matter then mind your own business.
    Dude, to induce means to cause or trigger [an effect]. You can introduce a cycle [into your training regimen], not induce one.
    I'm a college English teacher.

And if your guy hasn't lifted in 19 months, he should lift naturally for longer than 1 month to get back in the groove before doing a cycle. He should wait until he has exhausted his muscle memory gains first, so that the rapid increase in strength doesn't tear his unconditioned frame apart.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 12-20-2010 at 01:45 AM.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    this guy does he not know how to use inernet himself ? after all hes your collegue.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Ouch, served by Bon.

Why would you act like this when enquiring help?

vettewreck is offline Banned
    I did that before. Was jacked as I am now, got burned out and took a YEAR off. No diet, no training, nothing. Fast food everyday. Shrunk down to 190lbs with a 36" waist, from 230 with a 32". Basically I got small AND fat. I wanted to get back into as my drive and motivation returned. So I worked out for about a month and jumped on a huge cycle like i had never stopped to begin with. I will tell you it was WAAAY too much on my ligaments and tendons. I looked great again but my joints were feeling the pain. My muscles had come back so fast and so strong within 2 months my tendons just couldnt keep up and they were screaming in pain. I had to come off cycle, kinda just cruise with minimul weights in the gym and let my joints catch up, not my muscles.

Duckhombre is offline Associate Member
    I think how fast he gets back to where he was has allot to do with what he has been doing and what his body natural desired homeostatic state is. If he took up doing triathlons, it may take a while....

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja

Not to go off topic, but before I saw Bon rip on you about English, I thought to myself; Now here is a young guy who is trying to sound smarter/older than he really is. Well good sir, your grammar and punctuation failed and my Favourite thing..... you misused "Whom" I hate when people use this word, because 95% people don't know how to use it. So just don't use it... Last but not least you didn't even spell Colleague right. Don't try to correct Bonaparte either, because he is right about "induce"

Hehe.... Sorry to be a shit disturber but sometimes I just can't help myself

Just be who you really are, don't pretend to be something you're not.... Honestly, who says Colleague

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    I have seen guys do that....quiet a shocking change in a short time, just balloning up.

But I would wait a bit longer until muscle memory and strength are back up....less chance of injury. say 3-4 months, if he hits it hard
    it's easily possible to balloon up and get really fat in just a week. so 19 months gives the individual ample amount of time to fatten up

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    it's easily possible to balloon up and get really fat in just a week. so 19 months gives the individual ample amount of time to fatten up
    My point was that after down time, using muscle memory and gear you gain a lot fast...balloning up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Dude, to induce means to cause or trigger [an effect]. You can introduce a cycle [into your training regimen], not induce one.
    I'm a college English teacher.

And if your guy hasn't lifted in 19 months, he should lift naturally for longer than 1 month to get back in the groove before doing a cycle. He should wait until he has exhausted his muscle memory gains first, so that the rapid increase in strength doesn't tear his unconditioned frame apart.
    Thanks for the english class as well as the advice

gunnery is offline Junior Member
    i agree with the boys totally! im in week six of sus500/wk and getting strong as fvck but only have been lifting again for 4 mo +/- and have tendon issues! working through them its not much fun ... having to hold back! wish id have been more patient and gotten back to where i left of first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A common sense answer to his question,

"will it be ok if he could workout a month to get back in the grove then induce a cycle"

would be,

First off yes it's ok if you workout a month, what it has to do with getting back into a group of trees I really don't know. However if you take steroids after only working out a month the only thing you will be likely to induce, is some type of soft tissue injury..the soft tissue injury may induce a layoff and loss of all gains.

PS No insult intended just throwing a little humor at the wording. Me have sed much more rong bfour.

FFM

shennen is offline Associate Member
    Heyyy, let's all talk about english and not aas. We couod even start to add reconstructive language sections to the forums.

Omg, are there mistakes in my post? LET'S TALK ABOUT IT. Hahahaha

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    If you have trained for 10 years and had a break of 19 months, you should be pretty much back after 4 months....no??

I was, after 8 years off....was squatting over 400 in 4 months at 38
    i agree.. 3-4 months should be enough..

I waited about 8-9 months after 5 years off from lifting for 7 years and was just fine

Thread Information