Thread: DHEA and Test?

enkephalin is offline New Member

DHEA and Test?

I've had a bottle of DHEA in my cupboard for awhile and was wondering if I would gain any benefit from taking during my test sustanon cycle (500mg/week) or maybe even during the PCT?

Stats incase it matters:
    25 years old
    15% bf
    6'2"
    205 lbs

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Use it during your cycle.

It will boost energy, the immune system and labido.

From my understanding DHEA can convert into testosterone (as well as estrogen) but if your inserting exogenous test into your system and your HPTA and testes shut down, you won't be producing any test. Wouldn't that make it unnecessary to have a precursor to test in your system during cycle? Please correct me if I'm wrong as my knowledge isn't nearly as vast as yours Swifto

Quote Originally Posted by enkephalin View Post
    From my understanding DHEA can convert into testosterone (as well as estrogen) but if your inserting exogenous test into your system and your HPTA and testes shut down, you won't be producing any test. Wouldn't that make it unnecessary to have a precursor to test in your system during cycle? Please correct me if I'm wrong as my knowledge isn't nearly as vast as yours Swifto
    Not at all.

Because endogenous hormones are shutdown (DHEA included) there is even more of a reason to supplement it. Many dont and wonder why the lose energy and labido in the middle of their cycle. Get some DHEA (oral is fine) and it usually solves the problem, unless its thyroid related.

Using DHEA off cycle will NOT raise endogenous testosterone, but will raise estrogen. Dont buy into the supplement company's bullshit that it will raise T off cycle.

It will raise estrogen during your cycle too, but that should be taken care of anyhow by an AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Not at all.

Because endogenous hormones are shutdown (DHEA included) there is even more of a reason to supplement it. Many dont and wonder why the lose energy and labido in the middle of their cycle. Get some DHEA (oral is fine) and it usually solves the problem, unless its thyroid related.

Using DHEA off cycle will NOT raise endogenous testosterone , but will raise estrogen. Dont buy into the supplement company's bullshit that it will raise T off cycle.

It will raise estrogen during your cycle too, but that should be taken care of anyhow by an AI.
    I'm not trying to challenge you here, I'm just looking for some clarification. You know tons tons more than I do. If you are shutdown and hormones aren't being produced as they normally would, how would DHEA still make its conversion to testosterone and other hormones? Are the converting enzymes still present and active in the body even though the HPTA is shutdown? Or does just plain unconverted DHEA have a positive benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by enkephalin View Post
    I'm not trying to challenge you here, I'm just looking for some clarification. You know tons tons more than I do. If you are shutdown and hormones aren't being produced as they normally would, how would DHEA still make its conversion to testosterone and other hormones? Are the converting enzymes still present and active in the body even though the HPTA is shutdown? Or does just plain unconverted DHEA have a positive benefit?
    Plain unconverted DHEA has its own effects on mood, labido, energy levels, sleep and immuno function. Absolutely. From what I understand it does, yes.

When you shut down the HPTA your also shutting down a lot of things, not just the usual testosterone . Thyroid function is also inhibited and time and time again, replacing what has been lost proves very positive. The same is said with DHEA and pregnenolone.

Endocrinologist's around the world also supplement their HRT patients with DHEA, pregnenolone and melatonin because they have both been lost because supraphysiological androgens are now present and the other hormome's and their precursors are gone.

Use DHEA off cycle too. It will boost both labido, energy, etc... But will not increase endo T but will E2.

Your meerly replacing something that has been lost that has its own positive effects on the body.

Ahh, I get it now. Thanks for the help Swifto!

Thread Information