JeffL is offline New Member

My doctor prescribed me anabolic steroids and I need some advice

I am 39 and my doctor prescribed me Testosterone Cypionate in the doses of 100mg 1st dose, and 200mg starting with 2nd dose. My testosterone level is only 6.3, which is in the bottom 1% of all men. I am 6'6 but only weigh 167 lbs. My question is as long as I work out consistently in the gym while I am on them, is this a strong enough dose to see very noticeable results? I really appreciate any help that you can provide me. Thanks!

What is that, per week? Yes you will notice a difference if your testosterone was low, you are working out hard, and eating.

2big2btru is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffL View Post
    I am 39 and my doctor prescribed me Testosterone Cypionate in the doses of 100mg 1st dose, and 200mg starting with 2nd dose. My testosterone level is only 6.3, which is in the bottom 1% of all men. I am 6'6 but only weigh 167 lbs. My question is as long as I work out consistently in the gym while I am on them, is this a strong enough dose to see very noticeable results? I really appreciate any help that you can provide me. Thanks!

You got the first hurdle done..now, get your own gear and add another 200-300mg per week for the next 8 weeks and you will (SINCE YOUR LEVEL IS SO LOW)

1. GROW
    2. INCREASE YOUR STRENGTH
    3. LOSE "SOME" HAIR
    4. LOSE "SOME" NUT SIZE
    5. HUMP LIKE A AFRICAN MONKEY
    6. DIY MORE OFTEN THAN EVER BEFORE
    7. AGGRESSION

Maybe a little more info than you requested but I had nothing better to do.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Make sure your diet is in check or working out will be useless.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Go to the TRT section for some replies that address your test scores. Although his initial dose is pretty conservative it does not really matter what dose he starts you on, what he is doing is being conservative till he sees how you react to test. What matters is what blood level of test he plans to take you to, the way he is starting your dosing it will take a little longer to reach your target test level than if he were starting you at a higher dose but thats ok as long as he plans to take you to a decent level. Those on the TRT forum will be able to help you with specific answers on blood levels of test you should try to achieve, in cycling we seek supraphysiologic doses of test were our levels far exceed that of a 19 yr old, however these levels can/should not be maintained in TRT for a variety of health reasons, but not to worry if your test level is taken to that of a 19 yr old or even a healthy 25 year old and your nutrition, sleep, and workout routines are all on course you can indeed expect significant gains with very little risk to your health.

FFM

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2big2btru View Post
    You got the first hurdle done..now, get your own gear and add another 200-300mg per week for the next 8 weeks and you will (SINCE YOUR LEVEL IS SO LOW)

1. GROW
    3. LOSE "SOME" HAIR
    4. LOSE "SOME" NUT SIZE
    7. AGGRESSION

That is shitty advice, you should not reply!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^ Agreed, its like the guys who come on saying they are doing there first cycle and the wonder how much fat they will lose and someone posts that they should add tren to burn fat....just never understood that kind of jocular behaviour on a serious subject with serious consequences.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    agreed again,comments like that and questions from the same mentality are the reasons im not on here very often. Yes go the the TRT section and chat with those guys, i would think your Doc will be doing follow up BW work every so often to get you at a nice good level,it would not suprise me if 200mg per week puts you a little to high.
    Last edited by j4ever41; 01-20-2011 at 11:42 PM.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!

1. GROW
    3. LOSE "SOME" HAIR
    4. LOSE "SOME" NUT SIZE
    7. AGGRESSION

cant say i agree with this buddy

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    apparently other bros already chimed in on that comment. check the trt section, but based off what experience i have, you should see how your body reacts to the hrt dose, i think u will be happy

JeffL is offline New Member
    I appreciate all of the help. To answer the question about the dosage. The script is starting me at 100mg every two weeks and then 200mg for the next two weeks and then it increases to weekly on a 3 month prescription. My doctor told me there was something on the script that went from 1-10 and he was prescribing the 10. I have no idea what that means though. Thanks again for helping me with this. I just really wish that they could have found this back when I was younger. I have been dealing with being extremely underweight my whole life, no matter how many calories I had in my diet.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    1 more thing is that most people think they are eating enough or they say they are eating healthy,i would suggest for you to go to the diet section and read the stickies there,put a meal plan together for yourself and post it up with your goals and stats and people will help you tweak it.

Life on going to get good for you Bro!

As already stated above, hit the HRT section of this forum for good info and some guys with answers to any questions you may have.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    take it easy at first. your muscles will grow and strengthen, but your tendons and ligaments will lag. this means you will be able to move more weight than you should, and you could experience injury

2big2btru is offline Associate Member
    HEY TERRAJ!

Did YOU even read his post? How was that shitty advice?..6'3 167 and asking if he will see noticeable results from 100mg every two weeks, then 200mg every two weeks..
    I should have said "based on my experience". But thanks for YOUR opinion. Again, READ his post "very noticeable results". My bad.

HEY TERRAJ!

Did YOU even read his post? How was that shitty advice?..6'3 167 and asking if he will see noticeable results from 100mg every two weeks, then 200mg every two weeks..
    I should have said "based on my experience". But thanks for YOUR opinion. Again, READ his post "very noticeable results". My bad.
    He has just started TRT, the doctor will monitor his levels and adjust as needed, the last thing he needs to be doing now is self medicating.

Secondly, he asked " is this a strong enough dose to see very noticeable results?" We won't know until his levels are balanced out, nor do we know how his body will react, neither do we know what his ideal weight and body image is.

Please refer to post 6 of this thread.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Welcome! I am on 200mg / week and feel much better. I added muscle and dropped a little fat while only doing light workouts (getting back to the gym after a back injury).

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    i agree , i think this guy needs real solid advice at 6'6 167 you need to take this into concidereration on dosing 4 sure . keep researching will bump it up for a mod to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    HEY TERRAJ!

Im sorry i dont agree with your 'advice' either.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    you gonna need to wait on increasing the dose (self medicating) your blood will more than likely be monitered frequently to get you to a stable level. after a couple of months you blood work will become less frequent and then you can up the dose if you feel it to be necassery. the last thing you want to do is start trt and start bursting big red flag imo...good luck

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries

1. GROW
    3. LOSE "SOME" HAIR
    4. LOSE "SOME" NUT SIZE
    7. AGGRESSION

horrendous 'advice'

Blog Entries
    OP, gaining muscle is very much dependant on your diet/lifestyle, head in2 the diet section where you will find loads of info

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Jeff as said above - post up your question in the HRT section, and get some nutritional help in the Diet section.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffL View Post
    You're going to put on 5-10lbs rather quickly from water gains. But if your free test is 6.3, you're going to notice some real results. First and foremost, for me was I didn't feel as depressed and without energy. I noticed that change after around the 4th day. And around then I noticed my appetite went up too.

dosXX is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    Yup definitely agree!

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Congrats on the TRT. Your life is about to get much better. Like others have said, go over to the HRT/TRT section. Lots of good reading there with people that will help you. I too am on Test Cyp @ 200 mgs/week & life is great. Remember, TRT is for life. Educating yourself is the most important thing you can do right now...

Blog Entries
    guys i dont see why your all directing hime to the trt section, he wants to know if he'll see muscle results on his trt. the diet section is where he needs to be

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey Dec, we aint fckn fightin over which section he needs to be in. One thing is for sure - He is not on a cycle. He is on trt. The OP can go where ever he chooses if he is still around.

There is a ton of experience in the trt section on how to make the most with "normal" levels. and how to get back to normal levels - even with a physicians guidance - there are problems, with so many quacks out there as you know. I suggested he go to both boards, which is still what I suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    guys i dont see why your all directing hime to the trt section, he wants to know if he'll see muscle results on his trt. the diet section is where he needs to be
    you must be illiterate, perhaps just plain ignorant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle_dysmorphia View Post
    you must be illiterate, perhaps just plain ignorant.
    what you retard? go read his OP, he asked WHAT RESULTS HE COULD EXPECT WITH TRAINING ON TRT. asshole

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    Hey Dec, we aint fckn fightin over which section he needs to be in. One thing is for sure - He is not on a cycle. He is on trt. The OP can go where ever he chooses if he is still around.

There is a ton of experience in the trt section on how to make the most with "normal" levels. and how to get back to normal levels - even with a physicians guidance - there are problems, with so many quacks out there as you know. I suggested he go to both boards, which is still what I suggest.
    nobody is fightin, im just merely pointing out the question he asked.
    Last edited by dec11; 01-21-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    JeffL
    My doctor prescribed me anabolic steroids and I need some advice

and you call me illiterate, muscle dysmorphia, try reading the bolds from the OP you stupid twat
    Last edited by dec11; 01-21-2011 at 07:35 PM.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I know everyone is discussing where you can ask additional questions, so I will reiterate that I am seeing good results on the same dose you are on.

I do want to agree with everyone above that said to eat and visit the diet section of the forum. With more food, and higher levels, you should see some gains.

Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I know everyone is discussing where you can ask additional questions, so I will reiterate that I am seeing good results on the same dose you are on.I do want to agree with everyone above that said to eat and visit the diet section of the forum. With more food, and higher levels, you should see some gains.

Good luck!
    as am i, finally someone actually read his post and answered the question, besides me!!!

Thread Information