little p is offline Junior Member

info needed on clen please

just started my second cycle of clen and have got my hands on a tub of protein/muscle milk, its high on cals per serving so maybe not so good to run on a cal deflict diet! has anyone used muscle milk??
    would ye suggest to just change to basic protein shake or use the protein/muscle milk?

bernimx is offline Associate Member
    You seem to think that supplements are everything.

Think about what you just asked again; you want to use a weight gainer full of sugar while trying to lose fat.

I suggest quitting clen asap and simply work on bettering your diet.

bernimex i have got great results with a good clean diet and one protein shake post workout.. ive dropped 77 lbs or so in 10months and gain some nice lean muscle. just looking to shred some stuborn fat..
    have only started clen to help and got my hands on protein/muscle milk for free from a guy i do personal training for..

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    I think that it would depend on how lean you are trying to get. If youre trying to get down to 10% or so then I'd say that muscle milk in moderation is fine. And by moderation I mean 1 shake a day pwo.

Now If you are trying to make it to 5-6% then you will have to be way more picky

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLift View Post
    I think that it would depend on how lean you are trying to get. If youre trying to get down to 10% or so then I'd say that muscle milk in moderation is fine. And by moderation I mean 1 shake a day pwo.

Now If you are trying to make it to 5-6% then you will have to be way more picky
    yes i actually told a client to stop using it as he was trying to lose weight, 300 cals per serving and the normal protein shake i use it 120 cals per serving! he is only doing some light cardio and light weights session to ease in.
    me on the other hand is running 30-35miles a week and doing 3-4 intense heavy weights session (6 week programme) so i thought it mighten be too bad for me as im cutting weight

Um if you are really running that much and training with heavy weights 4 times a week then muscle milk should be the least of your worries..

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLift View Post
    Um if you are really running that much and training with heavy weights 4 times a week then muscle milk should be the least of your worries..
    why whats wrong with that? im training for 3 half marathons this year and wanna keep my size for playing rugby

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that at all. I'm saying with that much cardio and heavy weight training, you should be eating quite a bit just to maintain. If I did that much cardio then I would waste away to nothing!

bernimx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little p View Post
    bernimex i have got great results with a good clean diet and one protein shake post workout.. ive dropped 77 lbs or so in 10months and gain some nice lean muscle. just looking to shred some stuborn fat..
    have only started clen to help and got my hands on protein/muscle milk for free from a guy i do personal training for..
    You don't gain LBM while losing 77 pounds =).

What is the nutritional profile of that muscle milk? It sounds weird that you train clients yet don't know how to deal with a bucket of protein powder?

Quote Originally Posted by bernimx View Post
    You don't gain LBM while losing 77 pounds =).

What is the nutritional profile of that muscle milk? It sounds weird that you train clients yet don't know how to deal with a bucket of protein powder?
    little do you no bernimix.. i just havent come across this muscle milk stuff before and wanted some info on it...
    your wrong about the lbm, with the right programme and diet anything is possible.. bodybuilders lose fat while keeping adding muscle

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    look take the clen ... work out and do cardio every day...

as for you diet you should be motivated to cut carbs and keep your intake of protein high you may need to add protein make sure you are getting a min of one gram of protein for one lbs of you body weight... 200 lbs = 200 grams of protein, in some cases it is recomended that you take up to 2 per lb. any ways eat your food shakes really should be when you are running short of time and need a protein meal in your diet.

eat you protein

Nothing wrong with that bro, just saying that you should be able to eat pretty much however u want and maintain a low bf.

Thread Information