MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member

Cut cycle-short pct-bulk cycle--marcus and vets please advise

Marcus and some vets may know i'm currently cutting naturally and it is going well. current stats 5'8-9" 185lbs 15.3% starting 195lbs 17.7%. i know as i get lower in bf it's gonna be harder to get to 10% and along with that i don't want to burn too much muscle. would it be ok to get to 13% and cut for 6 weeks with prop and do a short 2 week pct and then do a 6 week bulk? kind of like a load de-load. any input would be appreciated. my end goal is to be 200lbs 9-10%

EliteIRON is offline New Member
    That would make no sense at all. Why not cut to 13%, start a bulk cycle and finish with a cut.

Bump

Re-bump

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    how is your strength as far as since youve been cutting? has it decreaced since losing weight and finishing pct?
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    Marcus and some vets may know i'm currently cutting naturally and it is going well. current stats 5'8-9" 185lbs 15.3% starting 195lbs 17.7%. i know as i get lower in bf it's gonna be harder to get to 10% and along with that i don't want to burn too much muscle. would it be ok to get to 13% and cut for 6 weeks with prop and do a short 2 week pct and then do a 6 week bulk? kind of like a load de-load. any input would be appreciated. my end goal is to be 200lbs 9-10%

Not too much, but yes a noticeable difference.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    i did not gain alot of strength i think it was because of cutting so hard before cycle. but it did make me want to work out 24/7.

Agree

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Was the thought behind adding in prop to an otherwise natural cut to retain muscle? I wouldnt fool with it in your case. 13% is not low enough where muscle retention really becomes an issue anyway, 4-6% yea we will talk. But you are right in that goals are accomplished by never ending cycle of bulk, cut, bulk , cut. So just stick with it. I doubt 6 weeks is gonna be adequate for a bulk tho, usually we want long esters for this as well and that time should reach minimum 10 weeks

Thanks mike, ya the thought was to retain muscle while getting bf as low as possible after hitting 13% and then to bulk which I could easily do 10 weeks no problem I have plenty of prop and don't mind the pinning. I suppose the real question is would a 2 week pct be wise

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Your better off cutting naturally and then going into the bulk, don't reduce the calories to much and let the cardio strip the bf away, or better still try carb cycling to springboard you into further bf loss and you can also add some fat burning supps to help the whole process but IMHO I wouldn't run a cutter then short pct then go into a bulk. I'd cut as much as possible then change your approach to increase further fat loss and then go into a bulk or lean bulk coming out of the cut. Doing it this way your system will still be fresh and respond very well.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Your better off cutting naturally and then going into the bulk, don't reduce the calories to much and let the cardio strip the bf away, or better still try carb cycling to springboard you into further bf loss and you can also add some fat burning supps to help the whole process but IMHO I wouldn't run a cutter then short pct then go into a bulk. I'd cut as much as possible then change your approach to increase further fat loss and then go into a bulk or lean bulk coming out of the cut. Doing it this way your system will still be fresh and respond very well.
    Ya I guess keeping myself on a calorie deficit and cutting as much as possible and then prime for a couple weeks will more than likely net me tremendous results on a bulk cycle

Thread Information