Thread: Accutane?

YelaWolf is offline New Member

Accutane?

I got an appointment with a dermatologist next week.

Ive been dealing with acne since I was a teenager (16), pretty mild with a bad break-out once-twice a year.

Its been gone for the last year, but ever since I ran cycle Ive gotten acne on my upper back, upper chest and shoulders (mild) which ive never delt with before.

I had a face break out which isnt to bad, but ov course acne is a pain in the ass espeically at 27 years old!

Has anyone been on this, could you share your experience?

appreciated!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    if you're in the U.S. You won't be perscribed accutane due to the lawsuits its facing. I've had bad chest and back acne since i was 14 and I'm 32, Chances are the Dermetologist will spray you with liquid nitrogen, then perscribe you a combinaton of Doxycylene (oral antibiotic), and cleocin (topical solution) That will probably work fine and won't be as harsh as accutane, Acutane worked well for me when i was a teenager temporariy but it made me much worse before i got better. My skin turned very red, and dry and peeled a lot

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    if you're in the U.S. You won't be perscribed accutane due to the lawsuits its facing. I've had bad chest and back acne since i was 14 and I'm 32, Chances are the Dermetologist will spray you with liquid nitrogen, then perscribe you a combinaton of Doxycylene (oral antibiotic), and cleocin (topical solution) That will probably work fine and won't be as harsh as accutane, Acutane worked well for me when i was a teenager temporariy but it made me much worse before i got better. My skin turned very red, and dry and peeled a lot
    the part about it not being prescribed accutane is not true, i was prescribed it last year by my dermotologist and my roommate who also uses AAS is currently in his 2nd month of it...

accutane works very well to clear acne, but it takes months.. i was prescribed it by my dermatologist last year at a dose of 60mg ED for 6 months.. i got blood work every month as well, and i took care of myself (diet + cardio) so i was perfectly fine..

it is a hell of a drug, crazy side effects including: DRYNESS EVERYWHERE (your lips, nose, arms, asshole, eyes, etc), extreme sensitivity to sunlight, thinned blood, raised LDL cholesterol, raised blood pressure, raised triglycerides, raised liver values, etc.

it is a fat soluble vitamin (type of vitamin A) so you really need to do you research if you plan of taking it.. it is very dangerous.

all i have to say is that i have no more acne anywhere, and i had it pretty bad on back/face/chest..

ask for generic accutane, and chances are they will prescribe it to you if you acne is bad enough.. if you blood work is ok that is

From Drugwatch.com

Accutane Recall
    Accutane (isotretinoin), a popular acne medication introduced in the early 1980s, has an extensive history of dangerous side effects and public scrutiny. While Accutane has been touted by some as a miracle drug for those with severe acne, a growing body of evidence has shown the drug's potential to cause several serious effects including inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), birth defects and suicide, among others.

Accutane's Withdrawal from the U.S. Market
    In light of these findings, Accutane's questionable safety profile has drawn a great deal of criticism from lawmakers, health care professionals and the general public alike.

In response to this mounting bad press, the maker of the drug, Roche Pharmaceuticals, quietly pulled Accutane from the U.S. market and those of 11 other countries in 2009. The company did not cite the medication's side effects as the reason for the discontinuation, but instead maintained the withdrawal was initiated because of growing competition from generics and a burdening string of Accutane lawsuits against the company.

There are other companies that make generic versions of the drug, But thinking a dermitologist is going to perscribe it? Not likely unless you have a very severe case of cystic acne

Im in canada.

My friend took it a year and a half ago for 3 month course and he had bad ance.
    He hasnt had one since.
    I just hear good things about it expect the sides.
    But acne is ridiculous and im ready to try anything at this point.
    Plus you can cycle on it which is also another bonus.

@vullfromsc You were on a 6 month at 60mg ED, did it cause you to breakout drastically? If so, how far in and how long?
    and im guessing from the sides you mention, its what occured with you?

@scotty501312 I heard first and foremost Accutane is the ultimate ance drug and everyones who taking it had great results and hardly any sides, only thing I hear was it makes you break out for a peroid of time. liquid nitrogen, Doxycylene (oral antibiotic), and cleocin (topical solution) are different leading medications?

There are other companies that make generic versions of the drug, But thinking a dermitologist is going to perscribe it? Not likely unless you have a very severe case of cystic acne
    very true, that is what we both had (mostly on the back for me, face for him). he just got it prescribed a few months ago, so just pointing out that it is possible to get it legally still. of course, with any drugs like this a doctor will be hesitant to prescribe it. if you go to a doctor and push for it with an understanding of the risks, they will be much more inclined to give it out

If accutane couldnt be prescribed for me, does/had anyone been on something correspondent?

Quote Originally Posted by YelaWolf View Post
    @vullfromsc You were on a 6 month at 60mg ED, did it cause you to breakout drastically? If so, how far in and how long?
    and im guessing from the sides you mention, its what occured with you?
    i didn't get it any worse at first like some people do, after the first 4-6 weeks it began to disappear pretty quickly. i got really dry mostly, the worst side i had was slightly elevated liver values, not out of normal range though. i wiped blood a few times near the end of the 6 months after going to the bathroom.. but it was (and still is) so worth it to put up with those sides. i don't even get the slightest breakouts anymore, and i run highly androgenic compounds in my cycles

Lots of legit AAS sources carry accutane.

Doxycylene is an antibiotic that is sucessfull in treating moderate acne,

Cleocin is an an alcohol based solution that is rubbed on the skin.

The liquid nitrogen spray basicly kills the top layer of skin causing it to peel and exfoliate. It helps to "get the ball rolling" so to speak when trying to heal acne

Quote Originally Posted by Vullfromsc View Post
    i didn't get it any worse at first like some people do, after the first 4-6 weeks it began to disappear pretty quickly. i got really dry mostly, the worst side i had was slightly elevated liver values, not out of normal range though. i wiped blood a few times near the end of the 6 months after going to the bathroom.. but it was (and still is) so worth it to put up with those sides. i don't even get the slightest breakouts anymore, and i run highly androgenic compounds in my cycles
    Thats a positive outcome, even with thos few sides that were probably a scare at the time.
    But in my case im willing to go through it, I had enough.
    A friend of mine was on for a 3 month course (not sure on the MG ED) but im guessing it was high, because he broke out badly from start to the month and a half mark, then it started fading and hasnt had one since. (been a year and a half)
    I havent heard many peoples cases about it thats why I asked the question, but you ran it for 6 months. Ive never heard of that long of a period before, and it started clearing in the 4-6week mark! It goes to show that everyones skin and the way they respond to drugs are different. Im hoping I get a turn out like yours!
    Last edited by YelaWolf; 03-11-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Lots of legit AAS sources carry accutane.

Doxycylene is an antibiotic that is sucessfull in treating moderate acne,

Cleocin is an an alcohol based solution that is rubbed on the skin.

The liquid nitrogen spray basicly kills the top layer of skin causing it to peel and exfoliate. It helps to "get the ball rolling" so to speak when trying to heal acne
    Ive got native skin lol its insanely sensitive and gets oily fast.
    Hence why I shower 1-2 daily and 1-3 face washes from morning, mid-day and night.
    I dont think Cleocin or the Liquid nitrogen would be a good idea for me, but im definitely going to look into the Doxycylene.
    Thanks for the heads up brother!

Quote Originally Posted by YelaWolf View Post
    Thats a positive outcome, even with thos few sides that were probably a scare at the time.
    But in my case im willing to go through it, I had enough.
    A friend of mine was on for a 3 month course (not sure on the MG ED) but im guessing it was high, because he broke out badly from start to the month and a half mark, then it started fading and hasnt had one since. (been a year and a half)
    I havent heard many peoples cases about it thats why I asked the question, but you ran it for 6 months. Ive never heard of that long of a period before, and it started clearing in the 4-6week mark! It goes to show that everyones skin and the way they respond to drugs are different. Im hoping I get a turn out like yours!
    yes exactly. i had no trouble with triglycerides, blood pressure, cholesterol, or my kidneys. but some people have A LOT of issues with those when taking accutane. it completely depends on the individual when dealing with the sides.. one thing is for sure though, it WILL eradicate your acne to a good extent. it can come back, however, especially with OR without AAS use. again though, it depends on the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Vullfromsc View Post
    yes exactly. i had no trouble with triglycerides, blood pressure, cholesterol, or my kidneys. but some people have A LOT of issues with those when taking accutane. it completely depends on the individual when dealing with the sides.. one thing is for sure though, it WILL eradicate your acne to a good extent. it can come back, however, especially with OR without AAS use. again though, it depends on the individual.
    Im guessing you cycled after the accutane time frame (or on?) how's that been for you, anything?

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Was prescribed accutane by a dermatologist back when was about 16(currently 24). Took 40mg/ED for 5 months straight. For the majority of people prescribed accutane, it is a one time deal and usually completely free of acne problems for the rest of their life(very small percentage need a second round). My sides were very dry skin and lips, that's about all the sides I remember vividly. They had me taking blood tests every month for liver values. Ever since then I have never had acne problems, either when on cycle or coming off, whatever it did, it was permanent! My acne was extremely bad and it was everywhere! I know there is a lot of bad press in regards to accutane but it is the best damn thing that I've ever taken!

Note: If your acne is mild, your dermatologist will not and should not prescribe you such a harsh and strong drug. If you plan on self prescribing anyway through research chem or the like, I strongly advise that you use it for 5-6 months straight. If you end up using it for less than that your results will most likely not be permanent as they should be. I see too many guys self prescribing and they do not use it as long as they're supposed to be. There should be no reason for people using this stuff for 2-3 months and then just stopping because acne is already gone. Don't be surprised if it ends up coming back, you do not want to be putting your body through another round accutane because this stuff is harsh!

Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    Was prescribed accutane by a dermatologist back when was about 16(currently 24). Took 40mg/ED for 5 months straight. For the majority of people prescribed accutane, it is a one time deal and usually completely free of acne problems for the rest of their life(very small percentage need a second round). My sides were very dry skin and lips, that's about all the sides I remember vividly. They had me taking blood tests every month for liver values. Ever since then I have never had acne problems, either when on cycle or coming off, whatever it did, it was permanent! My acne was extremely bad and it was everywhere! I know there is a lot of bad press in regards to accutane but it is the best damn thing that I've ever taken!

Note: If your acne is mild, your dermatologist will not and should not prescribe you such a harsh and strong drug. If you plan on self prescribing anyway through research chem or the like, I strongly advise that you use it for 5-6 months straight. If you end up using it for less than that your results will most likely not be permanent as they should be. I see too many guys self prescribing and they do not use it as long as they're supposed to be. There should be no reason for people using this stuff for 2-3 months and then just stopping because acne is already gone. Don't be surprised if it ends up coming back, you do not want to be putting your body through another round accutane because this stuff is harsh!
    Good read!
    I'm going to push hard to get on Accutane & take a look into Doxycylene if canadian pharms have it.

I do only have mild acne though, Ive got a family doctor that im positive ill get on it for the 3-6 month course and whatever the MG per day may be. I havent dealt with acne anywhere including face for the past year, and ever since I cycled (first time, finished in feb last month) I got back, chest and shoulder acne and ive never had a break-out in thos areas before. Though I dont mind as much as my face but I did go through a mild break out mid cycle and it surprised me, the other areas came around my last pin.

Thread Information