smashingbox is offline Associate Member

Really effing unhappy

So been training really hard since the beginning of this year after taking a small break around xmas/new years. I had been kicking some goals, increases in strength, got my diet sorted and maintained my weight while leaning out considerably. All preparing for my first cycle. I have been researching for a long time, got all my gear ready for my first cycle, everything mapped out... basically ready to pin next week or the week after, I was pumped!

Then bam Saturday morning I go to hospital with massive stomach cramps, and turns out my appendix is on the way out. So Sunday (yesterday here is Aus) I had to have surgery. It was all good, basic keyhole surgery, 3 small incisions into the abdominal wall. But they told me no heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks!! I don't know if I can stay out of the gym for that long to be honest, I haven't had a lay off like that since I started 3 years ago... max I have ever taken would be maybe 3-4weeks. Apparently if I do go I risk tearing the muscles in the abdominal wall, or a hernia, both of which would put me out for months (and into hospital).

So looks like I will need to take the 6-8 weeks... my question is this, after 6-8 weeks how long should I train again for before going on my cycle? Should I keep training until I am back to where I was pre-surgery and then cycle? Or should I maybe train 2-3 weeks and the start (figuring it will take the test cyp at least 2 weeks to kick in)?

Thanks guys.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Just wait. Youve waited this long whats a little longer. What if you go on, have issues, have to come off, do an early pct, waste gear and be out of the gym even longer.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Just wait, I had mine out in 96, I couldnt even move for 3 days, wasnt right for about 2 weeks. I'd say wait 5 weeks, then start light weights again. Get in the best possible shape before your cycle. Keep your diet in check, it will help recovery and keep you in good shape.

Thanks guys, this just fcuking sucks.

07santafe is offline New Member
    youll definnitely want to wait i dont know the steroid side of this but i know my brother had surgeries like this and tried getting back into lifting to soon and was right back in the hospital when they tell you to take it easy for a bit you really need to. He had a disease and they had to make an incision in his ab area and he ripped it right back open then actually got an infection causing him to be down for another extra 6 weeks so your best to just wait it out and take a bit. sorry about your luck though bud.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Yep, let the muscle memory kick in and take advantage of the immediate growth you will get just from picking up a weight. Something tells me you knew this was the right answer all alone you just needed a few people to confirm it for you.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smashingbox View Post
    So been training really hard since the beginning of this year after taking a small break around xmas/new years. I had been kicking some goals, increases in strength, got my diet sorted and maintained my weight while leaning out considerably. All preparing for my first cycle. I have been researching for a long time, got all my gear ready for my first cycle, everything mapped out... basically ready to pin next week or the week after, I was pumped!

Then bam Saturday morning I go to hospital with massive stomach cramps, and turns out my appendix is on the way out. So Sunday (yesterday here is Aus) I had to have surgery. It was all good, basic keyhole surgery, 3 small incisions into the abdominal wall. But they told me no heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks!! I don't know if I can stay out of the gym for that long to be honest, I haven't had a lay off like that since I started 3 years ago... max I have ever taken would be maybe 3-4weeks. Apparently if I do go I risk tearing the muscles in the abdominal wall, or a hernia, both of which would put me out for months (and into hospital).

So looks like I will need to take the 6-8 weeks... my question is this, after 6-8 weeks how long should I train again for before going on my cycle? Should I keep training until I am back to where I was pre-surgery and then cycle? Or should I maybe train 2-3 weeks and the start (figuring it will take the test cyp at least 2 weeks to kick in)?

Thanks guys.
    I would wait until you are 100% fully healed and have been back in the gym with diet and training
    right for at least a few months.

I always knew that staying out of gym for at least 4 weeks was the right thing, and avoiding heavy weights for 6-8 weeks... but just wanted confirmation on whether I could jump on cycle straight up after that or if better to wait until I worked my way back to where I am now before cycling... common sense said wait until I have healed AND then worked back up to my current 'peak' again before doing it, but there was also a part of me that just wanted to get on cycle as soon as I have healed, but you guys have confirmed it the common sense thing to do.

Thanks.

r3p
    r3p is offline New Member
    Hey m8, man i really feel for you. But better waiting 4-8 weeks now than Having to wait months longer because you started to early.

All the best

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wait it out and count your blessings, so many other injuries like a pec tear, cuff injury, rolled bicep etc. can be with you the rest of your life. As far as organs failing my buddy lost a gall bladder a year ago and just can't eat a lot anymore so he is done. I had a subcapsular haematoma of the spleen and they were able to save it luckily, same deal there if they pull it you never will be a heavy lifter again.

So although it sux, it could have been a WHOLE LOT WORSE.

Hang in there, get well and come back better than ever!!!!

Thanks FFM, definitely could have been much worse, and in many ways I am extremely lucky... I have never had any bones/muscle/ligament injury or anything that has prevented me from doing certain exercises etc, touch wood. Thanks for the support guys.

Thread Information