rockstarparkingdude is offline New Member

diabeties and steroid

I'm a type 1 diabetic, insulin dependant. i'm 38, 6'4, 254lbs, 15% bodyfat. i'm about to start a cycle of dianabol for about 8 weeks probably, 20 mg a day. before i start i want to m ake sure i am fully researched on the subject. i'm particularly worried about insulin sensativity and elevated blood lipids. has anyone had experience as a diabetic using steroids ?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'd research a better AAS cycle overall. Your plan is crap and no better than a PH cycle.
    I'd go with 400mg of Test E for a first cycle.

pebble is offline Associate Member
    I am not highly research on diabetes and aas, but the one thing that may change is your glucose disposal rate (increased insulin sensitivity) due to larger muscle and stronger driving force for protein synthesis may pull extra plasma glucose into the muscle.

With your ability to easily manipulate your insulin levels you should be fine. Do you have both slow/long acting and rapid/short acting insulin’s? I bet you are pretty confident with knowing your body’s tell-tale signs of hyper/hypoglycaemia and you will just need to react accordingly. Best of luck.

And are you sure you are ready to start a cycle? Do you have the training experience and your diet all worked? I don't know a lot about cycling, but I thought dbol was traditionally used to kick start a cycle, not as a standalone.

n00bs is offline Member
    I know not related to AAS but http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...4/?tool=pubmed

This article might be of interest to you and your condition.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    agree. bad cycle.

kesam1 is offline Junior Member
    Cant help with your particular cycle but when I have my Nebido 1000mg of test undecanoate in 4ml every 9 weeks. For the first 2 to 3 weeks I need to increase my insulin as insulin resistance increases. However as one poster has mentioned regarding increase of lean muscle mass. I have noticed an overall requirement to adjust my insulin ratios and have gone from 1-10 to 1 unit to 12 grams of carbs after the loading period of the injection. You probably are, but be aware that following a heavy anerobic session you can get lows several hours afterwards.

shaggy89 is offline New Member
    Hi, im a type 1 diabetic insulin dependant, and i have done 2 cycles using dianabol in both, and i had no prblems with my sugers, hypos or anythi! What i would recommend is to do youre sugers throught the day just to keep an eye of any change in sugers!

Thread Information