Flacco is offline Member

Anybody make their own protein/weightgain bars?

I posted this in the Supplements forum, but I figure I'd get better results posting here...
    I'm starting a new job soon and will have minimal breaks to eat. I need to be able to keep something in my pocket that I can grub on ever so often on the job site. Buying protein bars can get pretty expensive. If any of you have any good recommendations/recipes, I'd greatly appreciate the insight. Taste isn't much of an issue. As long as is doesn't taste like dog crap, I'm happy. Suggestions on how to pack alot of calories in them would be appreciated also. I know I can find some good recipes on the internet, but I'd like to hear some of your person oppinions as I trust this site and alot of its member opinions. Thanks all

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    You will get better results in the diet forum and i do believe there are some homemade recipes for protein bars in there...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Flacco is offline Member
    Thanks Matt

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Anytime mate, Ive just looked and theres loads in there, look in the forum at the top of the page where it says Recipies..

This is one by Baseline.. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*Protein-Bar**
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I have a recipe if you are interested. Warning though, it tastes like crap. If you are only looking for a way to save money and only want the bars as a protien source I will post it for you.

Flacco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    I have a recipe if you are interested. Warning though, it tastes like crap. If you are only looking for a way to save money and only want the bars as a protien source I will post it for you.
    I'm gonna try the link that Matt just posted. That first one looks simple and it looks like it might possibly taste ok. If not, there are a ton of others in that link. I'm sure I'll find something. Thanks Matt n Tigershark

SAMS_DAD is offline Junior Member
    except on cheat days, i don't remember a single meal during cycle that didn't taste like crap. I need to domesticate my wife better.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like the one in the link also and by lowering the peanut butter and dropping the yolks you could modify the fat percentage, plus it looks like a hamburger WoWee!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flacco View Post
    I posted this in the Supplements forum, but I figure I'd get better results posting here...
    I'm starting a new job soon and will have minimal breaks to eat. I need to be able to keep something in my pocket that I can grub on ever so often on the job site. Buying protein bars can get pretty expensive. If any of you have any good recommendations/recipes, I'd greatly appreciate the insight. Taste isn't much of an issue. As long as is doesn't taste like dog crap, I'm happy. Suggestions on how to pack alot of calories in them would be appreciated also. I know I can find some good recipes on the internet, but I'd like to hear some of your person oppinions as I trust this site and alot of its member opinions. Thanks all
    I will have to dig it up but I have recipe for for some killer protein bars. Let me do some looking.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    A friend of mine's wife makes some protein bars that are like rice crispy treats with whey and oats added to them. I wouldn't call it health food, but they are good.

Thread Information