PowerliftWill is offline Junior Member

Homebrew tren...is it ok to filter now?

Hey guys in the middle of my homebrew tren in the making and Im about to filter but it looks like there's still alot of tiny particles of the pellets left at the bottom of my solution. it's been 2 days now and all today I left it in close to boiling water with not much change. Is it okay to filter?

I used:

2 Carts Finaplix -H (4 grams total)
    .8mL BA (Gives 2% overall volume)
    7.2mL BB
    30mL Sterile Oil (USP grade cottonseed).

It's a 40ml at 100mg/ml

And used The Terminator's guide on Bass killers website. I even added a tiny bit more BA making it overal around 4.5% BA and it only helped a little bit.
    Last edited by PowerliftWill; 04-11-2011 at 12:19 AM.

darkcrayz is offline Member
    no, you would be wasting fina pellets.

it took me boiling it for 20 min for 3 nights to get it to completely dissolve. just give it time and keep boiling/shaking until its all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrayz View Post
    no, you would be wasting fina pellets.

it took me boiling it for 20 min for 3 nights to get it to completely dissolve. just give it time and keep boiling/shaking until its all gone.
    That's what i thought....I don't want to waste pellets. thanks for the info bro...time to boil!! aha. so did you only boil it for like an hour total or did you do it all day? Cuz ive been boilin this shit all day and it's SLOWLY disolving.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You probably put too much oil with the BA and BB to dissolve the pellets.Only add about 4 to 6 cc of oil to the BA and BB and let it desolve before adding the rest of the oil. You diluted the solvents too much is why all the pellets didnt desolve.

Quote Originally Posted by MR10X View Post
    You probably put too much oil with the BA and BB to dissolve the pellets.Only add about 4 to 6 cc of oil to the BA and BB and let it desolve before adding the rest of the oil. You diluted the solvents too much is why all the pellets didnt desolve.
    Shit, that would make sense. Well this attempt has somewhat been a failure i'm just going to filter and get something out of it and order a few more carts and do it right this time. Im also going to use a smaller container so non the residue gets stuck to the sides as much.

doing more research and seeing that alot of people recommend to just let the pellets dissolve in BA and BB before adding the oil or else you will have tiny bits of pellets left. Good to know, pist I found that out too late lol.
    Last edited by PowerliftWill; 04-11-2011 at 11:56 AM.

wildotter is offline New Member
    homebrewing seems like just too much work :P

Quote Originally Posted by wildotter View Post
    homebrewing seems like just too much work :P
    it's well worth it if you can do it right. Unless you like possibly less potent and more expensive gear from a UG?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Homebrewing Tren is really a good idea in my opinion since Tren is so often faked or cut or oxidized or otherwise subgrade garbage...oh did I mention you have to buy way too much also? LOL

Anyway next time get a tiny coffee grinder, the type with the little metal blade that whirls around under the plastic lid and grind your pellets to dust. This will speed your dissolution tremendously. And if you don't mind adding a couple of more steps to get a really nice product you can store as crystals, look up the crystal tren recipe at the same website. When you do the conversion do not use Heet (its 2% mystery ingredients, probably fuel line cleaner and lubes) use lab grade methyl alcohol (about $10.00 a quart) also you will notice that you have the option of using lye to remove the ester, I have never done this and could not imagine why you would wan't to as pinning once a day (best) or EOD is frequent enough.

PS this is in the wrong forum for this type of question, next time post in the lab forum.

Good luck and happy conversions,

FFM

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Homebrewing Tren is really a good idea in my opinion since Tren is so often faked or cut or oxidized or otherwise subgrade garbage...oh did I mention you have to buy way too much also? LOL

Anyway next time get a tiny coffee grinder, the type with the little metal blade that whirls around under the plastic lid and grind your pellets to dust. This will speed your dissolution tremendously. And if you don't mind adding a couple of more steps to get a really nice product you can store as crystals, look up the crystal tren recipe at the same website. When you do the conversion do not use Heet (its 2% mystery ingredients, probably fuel line cleaner and lubes) use lab grade methyl alcohol (about $10.00 a quart) also you will notice that you have the option of using lye to remove the ester, I have never done this and could not imagine why you would wan't to as pinning once a day (best) or EOD is frequent enough.

PS this is in the wrong forum for this type of question, next time post in the lab forum.

Good luck and happy conversions,

FFM
    Thanks for the info bro...ya I saw the lab section just now and realized I probably had it in the wrong spot. As for the pellets, I know my problem was adding the oil in too soon with the solution, thus diluting the BA and BB so it couldn't dissolve correctly no matter how much heat was applied.

I talked to a friend of mine who just did it and he didn't crush the pellets and just let the BA and BB dissolve the pellets first and it only took a few hours he said. Then he added the oil after it was completely dissolved.

So now it's time to order more fina and re-try. Luckily I salvaged some and it'll be enough until more fina comes by the end of the week.

Also I don't wan to use big glass jars like I did the last few days, are small plastic spice bottles okay to use? I can't find glass jars small enough.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Just keep shaking...

Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    Just keep shaking...

it's okay bro, I already salvaged enough to last a a few weeks. I ordered another 2 carts so i can do it right this time. Not to mention use smaller containers so it's easier to shake. That's why i need to know if plastic containers are okay to use, like small spice plastic jars. because if not I need to go out and get glass test tube like containers.

The jars I used these last few days suck since it wasn't a screw on and they were massive compared to the solution that I had in it, which makes it harder to mix/leaves dried up tren resin on the sides.

Bump....

When I home brew my gear I use a zapcap and filter into a sterile plastic bottle. So far, it's worked well and the gear is just beautiful after it's filtered. There are different grades of plastic. If you're using BB as a solvent it could melt the plastic. There are chemical resistant plastic bottles. You should make sure that your plastic bottles are chemical resistant.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    The first time i did the conversion i bought one of the kits that had everything in it. I used the coffee filter that came with it and the problem i had with it was it soaked up a lot of the oil after it sat for while draining. it came with some 30mil galss bottles that were the perfect size. the next batch i did i used a .2mm syringe filter and got better results.You have to let the stuff sit a few days and the binders will settle to the bottom of the bottle and you just suck out the oil thats on top of the binders so the filters dont clog up. I do one cartrige at a time,that way if you screw up you dont mess up more cartriges.
    Last edited by MR10X; 04-12-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    When I home brew my gear I use a zapcap and filter into a sterile plastic bottle. So far, it's worked well and the gear is just beautiful after it's filtered. There are different grades of plastic. If you're using BB as a solvent it could melt the plastic. There are chemical resistant plastic bottles. You should make sure that your plastic bottles are chemical resistant.
    Im pretty sure mine aren't since they had food in them. So it looks like I have to find small glass ones then.

Quote Originally Posted by MR10X View Post
    The first time i did the conversion i bought one of the kits that had everything in it. I used the coffee filter that came with it and the problem i had with it was it soaked up a lot of the oil after it sat for while draining. it came with some 30mil galss bottles that were the perfect size. the next batch i did i used a .2mm syringe filter and got better results.You have to let the stuff sit a few days and the binders will settle to the bottom of the bottle and you just suck out the oil thats on top of the binders so the filters dont clog up. I do one cartrige at a time,that way if you screw up you dont mess up more cartriges.
    Ya you're supposed to pre-soak the coffe filter with steril oil before you add the tren mix so it doesn't soak it up.

Thread Information