chromosome9 is offline New Member

Can certain steroids aid with recovery of a long term car accident injury?

Hi,

I am in need of some opinions/advice. I just came across this site doing a bit of research. I'll try and give as much info as possible. I was in a car accident 3 years ago and was t-boned on the passenger side while I was driving. The car that hit me was doing about 90km/hr (55mph) and as a result left shoulder and back injuries.

Not willing to accept the injuries I started working out and I am now in the best shape of my life at 38 - the problem is I don't 'feel' like it. I can't sit in a chair without a lot of discomfort.

My shoulder diagnosis is a possible torn rotator cuff (waiting on MRI results but Ortho doc figures it's torn - yes, it took this long for them to finally give in and send me for an MRI. They basically in a round about way have said to just live with the injury). They don't seem to understand how I can lift a heavy weight off the floor with my left arm yet reaching for a light switch can cause severe pain. To control the back pain my doctor recommended I take 400mg Ibuprofen as needed (I take 5-6 a day - maximum dosage says 3)

My issue is that their solution is pain medication. While it was fine in the beginning I don't like the sounds of the long term effects of pain medications - kidney problems, liver problems, yellowing of the skin and eyes, coughing up blood, vision problems, tarry stools (sick!), general shortness of breath and increased sensitivity to sunlight (I'd accept this if I was given the rest of the vampire skills).

In the end the result may be that I have to take some form of pain medication but until I explore all avenues I won't accept it. Sorry if I sound a little pissed off but when I first got out of the hospital and complained about the back pain to my doctor his answer was "half the people in this city complain about back pain". Great answer...jackass.

I'll be honest, so far the only thing I really know about steroids is that Barry Bonds is on trial, yet Batman (Christian Bale) can take them and it's ok. I am starting to read about all the different types and such on these forums but maybe someone has experience with injuries and the healing properties of steroids.

I realize that a common response is going to be 'time for a new doctor' which is what I will be pursuing after the MRI. But like most things in life, if you want something done, and done right, you have to do it yourself.

Ok to the question Are there any steroids that could help either heal the injuries or at least allow me to build more muscle and all around better health? The physiotherapist keeps telling me that the stronger the surrounding muscles get the better they can compensate for the damaged, weak ones. I do use a few supplements - protein powder, creatine, training peak vitamins, etc. but looking for more. I'd like to be able to go to a hockey game and not be thinking about how I can't wait for the period to end so I can stand up and stretch.

Anyway sorry for the super long post! Gonna spend the next few hours on the forums reading...and maybe I'll have my answer soon enough.

Chromosome9

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    what your your height/weight/body fat stats? if you are in muscular shape (regardless of injuries) you can consider doing a cycle, or even at your age HGH for anti-aging and healing purposes. steroids probably won't "heal" you like you think though, long term HGH use at 1iu-2iu ED would be a better option for that in my opinion

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, really did not feel like reading all that but if the issue you have is muscular one and your stats are withing range, deca is by far the best...well, this and dbol or anadrol ...IMO. I have bad back problems (spinal erectors) and problems nearly disappear when on a a great bloat cycle. Most others will NOT recommend this as neither do i, just expressing a few points. Good luck.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    We need more info on the injuries.
    And it sounds like GH would work better in this case than AAS.

Steroids and even HGH can't help with certain injuries and age appropriate discomforts. I'm starting to get arthritis in my lower back and I have poor joints overall. There is much discomfort most of the time. I've done a number of Test/EQ, Test/Deca , Test/Anavar , HGH cycles to help my joints and my joints do feel a lot better but the arthritis is still there. I don't think it's ever going to go away. If your discomfort is due to a damaged nerve I don't think HGH or AAS is going to do much. If your discomfort is due to ligament, muscles, generally soft tissue, there's a good chance that certain AAS and HGH can help the healing process. We just need more information about your stats.

Gt4junkie is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Steroids and even HGH can't help with certain injuries and age appropriate discomforts. I'm starting to get arthritis in my lower back and I have poor joints overall. There is much discomfort most of the time. I've done a number of Test/EQ, Test/Deca, Test/Anavar, HGH cycles to help my joints and my joints do feel a lot better but the arthritis is still there. I don't think it's ever going to go away. If your discomfort is due to a damaged nerve I don't think HGH or AAS is going to do much. If your discomfort is due to ligament, muscles, generally soft tissue, there's a good chance that certain AAS and HGH can help the healing process. We just need more information about your stats.
    Sorry to revive an old thread guys, but ive been googling and couldnt really find much info on the sane type of question.
    I was involved in a car accident early april, fractured my t2 vertebrae and damaged my intraspinal ligaments from c2-c7.
    Ive been out of the gym since april but recently got the ok to go back to extremely light lifts about a month ago. 2 weeks back into gym n the pain n range of motion in my neck dropped dramatically and was told to stop gym again.
    The past few weeks I feel like ive been moving backwards, with pain increasing and range of motion diminishing.

Its reached the point where im researching if doing a cycle would help heal the intraspinal ligaments from my c2-c7 region, as physio n hydro doesnt seem to be doing an awful lot.

Would appreciate if someone could help me out if a cycle would help my situation.
    thanks.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    Do some research on TB-500. Could possibly offer you some relief, and accelerated healing...

Thread Information