SilverTest is offline Senior Member

high prolactin ?!

hey guys,

after several months of having ED and libido problems, i did a blood work for total test, prolactin and estrogen .

total testosterone range : 200-800 result:1093 ng/dl

prolactin range : 4.04-15.2 result: 23.59 ng/ml wtf??

estradiol range : 7.63-42.6 result: 24.58 pg/ml very normal.

as you can see , my test to E ratio is fvcking excellent, i cant believe my test levels are that high after doing all those cycles, i even lately did a 6 month test cycle.

the problem is with the prolactin, i have little libido and very bad erections and i cant have a good orgasm. what do you think guys ? could it be a pituitary tumour ?

by the way i checked my thyroid and its excellent too, so its not the cause.

I am going to get an appointment with an endo soon .

please comment on this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Did you run any 19 nors?

no never, ever.

Eazy20 is offline Member
    I had a discussion with swifto about prolactin and to sum it all up this was what was basically said. Progesterone is synthesised in response to estrogen, so controlling estrogen with an AI will help control progesterone and because of the way prolactin is regulated, that as well. So, you can get elevated prolactin levels running any compound that aromatizes if you aren't running an AI. Before you freak out, try buying a dopamine agonist from ar-r . That should get your prolactin levels under control. If they continue to rise after cessation, then you have a real issue.

i'm gonna prolly go to an endo first i want him/her to follow me up on this, the right action is to take a dopamine agonist of course.

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverTest View Post
    i'm gonna prolly go to an endo first i want him/her to follow me up on this, the right action is to take a dopamine agonist of course.
    Always a smart decision.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Many AAS can stimulate the prolactin receptor. I would just go straight for the dopamine agonist and not waste time with the doctor who is going to have no idea what is wrong with you.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverTest View Post
    Not a bad idea too see what they say.

Danabolic is offline New Member
    My prolactin was well over 100..... similar issues for a long while. I recently had a hematologist do my bloodwork and had never checked prolactin on any prior blood draws. Freaked me out when I saw it and realized how important it was to these problems. Went to an Endo who was really clueless about AAS but recommended I see a urologist and have a contrast MRI. Those turned out fine, no tumors or anything, so I've started a dopamine agonist and will check my levels in a few more weeks. After a short while I've noticed a bit of improvement on sex drive. Problem is, even a below-normal dose, the side effect of nausea and sweats (feels like increased core temp)for about an hour or so after taking it. Plus it knocks me out tired but then I wake up 2 hours later and can't sleep for sh!+ the rest of the night. Honestly, if it lowers my prolactin levels and fixes the problem I'll deal with it for a few months.

Anyone else who's had high prolactin levels and had success lowering them please let me know how it turned out and what you used!?!?
    Last edited by Danabolic; 04-29-2011 at 12:31 PM.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Did you run any 19 nors?
    Why would you ask? I have run 19nors and have had really bad side effects from them i was just interested in maybe learning more as to how that would effect his issue more than some other compounds

Thread Information