ArmyRanger1982 is offline Junior Member

Trying something New

In the past i have lifted heavy to put on size and mass. Now that im going to cycle i was thinking of High reps with light to medium weight. Looking for strength and lean up. whats yalls thoughts on this

ArmyRanger1982 is offline Junior Member
    or should i stay with a maxium of 12 reps

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome!
    I just reveiwed your stats, and yes, 19% BF is too high to start aas. I'd suggest diet and exercise to go below at least 15%. You might be able to do this quickly, without the aas, but let me ask you a few quetions, if I may?
    Do you know your BMR?
    How many cals/day is your deficit?
    How are your macros looking? do you know your ratios?
    How many meals a day are you consuming?
    How's your cardio looking? Remember, to lose BF%, you should go a target of 40 min at 80% max heart rate, three+ times a week. Anything over 20 minutes begins to burn fat immediately. Fasted cardio in the morning is even better as you begin to draw down fat reserves almost right away.
    What are you drinking? Hopefully, it's water only. Even diet soda is not good!

Try not to think of aas as a crutch, a stop gap or short cut for not having your house in order (see above). Most of us here employ the philosophy, "When there is nothing left to do...." and only use aas after everything else is in place.

At your BF% right now, a funny thing can happen. Body Fat interacts "negatively" with testosterone , and when test breaks down or "aromaticizes" and interacts with fat, there are potentially some estrogenic effects, and the sides could be "gyno" for example. So the less body fat you have before you start, the less likely for that to happen. I over simplified the process only to quickly explain why. for a detailed analysis of this process, you can search here on the board.

So get your BF% down to 15 (most vets would argue 12), then you should be g2g.

Thread Information