digitalsky is offline New Member

Would it be safe to just stay on Test E forever?

Here's the deal... For the past several years I've been doing 8-10 week cycles and then cycling off with a PCT for about 8-12 weeks depending. Lately I've just been thinking it's a waste of money to keep doing all these PCTs when I could just stay on a low dose of Test E (let's say 150mg per week or something) and do that during my down time, then once a new cycle starts I could just add the Deca , Tren , etc. and up the Test E dose to 500mg or something and cycle back on.

It just seems that constantly getting my natural Test going again with the PCTs is kind of silly when 10 weeks later I'm going to be shutting it down with the injectable Test and Tren.

Is anyone else doing something like this and if so are the results good? Any side effects?

Besides, we all know once we get older our natural test levels will never be what they are anyways, so I guess I look at this as something like Testosterone Replacement Therapy in a way. Granted I'm only 28 and the time being though...

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do you already have kids?

Do you like the idea of pinning yourself for the rest of your life?

digitalsky is offline New Member
    No kids, I don't mind shots though, that's no big deal.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    up to you, but rem your soul will be sold........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    hows this relevant?

If you're over 50 I can see you getting on TRT or HRT and pinning forever. I'm 51 and I still cycle I like the though of my natural level of Test controlling my body.

funkymonk is offline Associate Member
    That's called TRT dude.

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    I'm 29 and have felt like crap for the past 3 years. I have had my Test levles tested 3 times in past year and they were a little lower each time. Never cycled before.

252...out of an age dependent range of 400-1200.

So my Test levels have been that of an old man for most of my late 20's.

I could care less about my natural Test levels because they are already crap naturally LOL....so I am going to start TRT this summer and not worry about starting Test and my natural Test levels any more.

It's different for everyone.

mrniceguy215 is offline Banned
    you could just run longer cycles more time on than off and still try to have kids and not be on all the time.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7 View Post
    I'm 29 and have felt like crap for the past 3 years. I have had my Test levles tested 3 times in past year and they were a little lower each time. Never cycled before.

252...out of an age dependent range of 400-1200.

So my Test levels have been that of an old man for most of my late 20's.

I could care less about my natural Test levels because they are already crap naturally LOL....so I am going to start TRT this summer and not worry about starting Test and my natural Test levels any more.

It's different for everyone.
    True, but did you read the OP's post? He is trying to save money by dropping the PCT....

I doubt he has ever had his Test levels checked, and he has not mentioned any signs of low Test.

He could just be one of the blunter tools in the box. Who knowns...

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    hows this relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsky View Post
    Here's the deal... For the past several years I've been doing 8-10 week cycles and then cycling off with a PCT for about 8-12 weeks depending. Lately I've just been thinking it's a waste of money to keep doing all these PCTs when I could just stay on a low dose of Test E (let's say 150mg per week or something) and do that during my down time, then once a new cycle starts I could just add the Deca , Tren , etc. and up the Test E dose to 500mg or something and cycle back on.

It just seems that constantly getting my natural Test going again with the PCTs is kind of silly when 10 weeks later I'm going to be shutting it down with the injectable Test and Tren.

Is anyone else doing something like this and if so are the results good? Any side effects?

Besides, we all know once we get older our natural test levels will never be what they are anyways, so I guess I look at this as something like Testosterone Replacement Therapy in a way. Granted I'm only 28 and the time being though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    You can run test enanthate for 12 weeks or longer but at the 8 week point you would need to increase the dosages to continue making noticeable gains. It's not well understood as to why steroid cycles stop working well after 8 weeks but according to William Llewelln in his book ANABOLICS 9TH EDITION-" it's believed to be related to the new metabolic limits placed on muscle cells under the influece of a certain dosage of steroids , not insensitivity to the AAS. Classic downregulation does not occur with these drugs and even if it did, rotating steroids would not prevent it".

In regards to time on= time off. Thats is fine but you will be in a constant state of gaining muscle then losing muscle. It's called YO-YOING! You cannot come off of all drugs for that length of time and expect to maintain your gains. I have learned that the body will hold onto all of it's size (minus water weight) for about 2 weeks.

In regards to the 2 week deload you can do any PCT during the 2 weeks off or bridge with a base like testosterone and/or smaller amounts of all the slow acting drugs used in the reload. The goal is to hold onto all mass while reducing anabolic hormones in the body, then come back using more anabolics during reload to make continued progress. More training volume and protein would also be needed when returning to the 8 week reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    A lot of recreational and lower level competitive bodybuilders that stay on pretty much year round. Especially those on HRT.
    The OP asked "Is anyone else doing something like this and if so are the results good? Any side effects?" This is something like that and it seems the results are good. If he hadn't read it before, I don't see why someone in his position wouldn't want to.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    What are your natural test levels?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    The OP asked "Is anyone else doing something like this and if so are the results good? Any side effects?" This is something like that and it seems the results are good. If he hadn't read it before, I don't see why someone in his position wouldn't want to.
    hes considering trt, completely different. advising tht prog isnt relevant

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    hes considering trt, completely different. advising tht prog isnt relevant
    I hate to nit pick and argue to death, but he said considering trt "in a way" it sounds like even though his test levels are currently (probably) fine he's saying F*ck it I'll just do it for the rest of my life starting now. I think that's why Marcus is asking his natty test levels, because I think most would agree that if you don't need trt then don't force yourself on to it and sorry I didn't really mean to come off as advising him to do that program I just thought he might want to look at it, in hindsight I prob should have said something v.s. just posting a link.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I think Ronnie's thread is relevant because he talks about 8 week cycles, followed by two weeks on low dosage before going back into another 8 week cycle. He says you can do this indefinitely and the it is safe to do year round. HOWEVER, I am not sure Ronnie would recommend doing it for the next 50 years. Heh.

Not sure why anyone would elect to go on TRT at 28. I only do it because my body isn't producing its own Test.

vtach12 is offline Associate Member
    It seems I recall someone on here being on an extended cycle, and still getting good gains. Seems it was like 7 months. So one cam do that but just have to keep increasing the dose? Some people on true TRT cycle up and down (blast and cruise ) and maintain their size. Shouldn't be an different with the exception of a chance ones natural? T level not ever recovering.

Chev is offline Associate Member
    The myth about kids was wrong for me. Ive been on nonstop for 2 years, me and the wife started trying. We went 10 months nothing happened. Started taking Clomid EOD for 2 months.... BAM!!! We are 8 weeks prego today. So all the talk about staying on and kids isnt 100% for everyone. If you plan on staying on for years and years its the other crap you have to worry about.... good luck man

5x10 is offline Associate Member
    why dont you slow down on the cycles, do 1 a year, and stay natural the rest of the time
    less yo yo

brolic272 is offline Junior Member
    if it really comes down to it, cant you get your sperm frozen at a lab and saved for like 10-15 years? pretty sure some people who get vasectomies go this route

parksy is offline Junior Member
    i think the overall point is that at 28 or 29 or whatever young age... what you THINK you want out of life and what you want at the moment could very well change... youve got a long way to go in life OP... it would be a shame to end up with a regret because of something you assumed youll want to do for the rest of your life.... who knows what girl youl meet or life you may end up wanting to lead.... youre quite young is all i think (as am i--so im not preaching) so be very careful about decisions which will effect the entirety of your life.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have been doing steroids since 1980,back then we didnt do PCT and had no problem recovering. i am 64 now and been back training and cycling for the last 3 years,the only time i do PCT is if i am on longer than 8 weeks. To tell you the truth i dont feel that much better unless i take more the replacment amount. Right now i am doing 300mg test E every three days on the cycle i am on. These ads i see on TV make me laugh about low T,the small amount they want to give you is not going to do much unless you have no test at all.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by parksy View Post
    i think the overall point is that at 28 or 29 or whatever young age... what you THINK you want out of life and what you want at the moment could very well change... youve got a long way to go in life OP... it would be a shame to end up with a regret because of something you assumed youll want to do for the rest of your life.... who knows what girl youl meet or life you may end up wanting to lead.... youre quite young is all i think (as am i--so im not preaching) so be very careful about decisions which will effect the entirety of your life.
    good advice. i often think things like 'what if a stuff my motorbike, and be unable to train again'? i'll still have to pin test every week, i know thts kind of a 'might get run over by a bus' statement but you gotta think these things through. incidently, its a bit late for me now lol

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    thats just rediculus,almost doesnt even deserve a reply....
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    True, but did you read the OP's post? He is trying to save money by dropping the PCT....

I doubt he has ever had his Test levels checked, and he has not mentioned any signs of low Test.

He could just be one of the blunter tools in the box. Who knowns...

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    I take 200 mgs of test depot (cypionate ) once a week and I'll be staying on for the rest of my life. I started at age 32 and am now 45. I feel a small amount like this used long term actually increases ones health.

FossilFuel certainly needs HRT IMO. My levels stay around 1000 when off cycle with 200 mgs per week. That's in the upper-range where you want to be inorder to feel good. You need to see an endocrinologist if you plan to stay on HRT when off cycle.

Thread Information