Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: Anavar and diet

  1. #1
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154

    Anavar and diet

    I will start a cycle of anavar next week.

    My goal is to gain some lean mass, with a very simple cycle of Var (40mg daily) and Test (Im going to take a small dose of testosterone , 250 mg per week. Have Nolva, just in case and Clomid for PCT)

    My question is:
    since Var sometimes kills your appetite, should I eat the calories that I have set out to increase weight or just eat when I'm hungry and let the gear do its thing?

    Thanks a lot!!

  2. #2
    MR-FQ320's Avatar
    MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Gods own country
    Posts
    3,007
    stick to your meal plan, how many weeks are you doing this for ?

    and we need stats age, height, weight, experience, bf% etc etc

  3. #3
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    Quote Originally Posted by bjo2925 View Post
    I will start a cycle of anavar next week.

    My goal is to gain some lean mass, with a very simple cycle of Var (40mg daily) and Test (Im going to take a small dose of testosterone , 250 mg per week. Have Nolva, just in case and Clomid for PCT)

    My question is:
    since Var sometimes kills your appetite, should I eat the calories that I have set out to increase weight or just eat when I'm hungry and let the gear do its thing?

    Thanks a lot!!
    gear doesnt just do its thing. You NEED to eat correctly

  4. #4
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    Im almost 34 years old, work out since im 26. Its my first cycle in several years.
    Im 172 cm, 63 kg and 5% BF.

    Im going to run it for 8 weeks, with 3 weeks of PCT.

    About the diet, in order to keep my BF this low, i never eat when im not hungry.. well, sometimes i even dont eat when im hungry.
    I know.. thats stupid!!

    I want to gain some pounds with minimum fat gain. More advices on diet, please!

  5. #5
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    Quote Originally Posted by bjo2925 View Post
    Im almost 34 years old, work out since im 26. Its my first cycle in several years.
    Im 172 cm, 63 kg and 5% BF.

    Im going to run it for 8 weeks, with 3 weeks of PCT.

    About the diet, in order to keep my BF this low, i never eat when im not hungry.. well, sometimes i even dont eat when im hungry.
    I know.. thats stupid!!

    I want to gain some pounds with minimum fat gain. More advices on diet, please!
    if thats all true then go to the diet section of this forum. You can easily get your goals without the anavar if you just eat properly every day

  6. #6
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    I understand what you are saying, and of corse this is all truth (why should I lie?). But I'm really motivated to do this cycle, and I allready bought the gear..

  7. #7
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    Quote Originally Posted by bjo2925 View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and of corse this is all truth (why should I lie?). But I'm really motivated to do this cycle, and I allready bought the gear..
    the gear wont go bad if you save it.

    why not start eating correctly get good results and then cycle and get even better results?

  8. #8
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    I'll do both!

    I will eat better and make the cycle.

    I'm sure you understand my motivation. It's not a matter of reason but of heart.

    all I want to know is: Should I eat the number of calories I'm Supposed to eat, even though I'm not hungry, or just eat when I'm hungry.

    If I start eating without being hungry, wont i gain fat?

  9. #9
    Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,287
    Quote Originally Posted by bjo2925 View Post
    I'll do both!

    I will eat better and make the cycle.

    I'm sure you understand my motivation. It's not a matter of reason but of heart.

    all I want to know is: Should I eat the number of calories I'm Supposed to eat, even though I'm not hungry, or just eat when I'm hungry.

    If I start eating without being hungry, wont i gain fat?
    No, you need to eat according your macros & TDEE & Goals in mind. The last statement is completely false. I'd strongly recommend posting your diet in the diet section of the forums to be evaluated and improved upon. Also, you are definitely not 5% bodyfat otherwise you'd be competing in shows. I would also encourage you to post a picture or buy a set of calipers to accurately determine your bodyfat percentage.

    Diet is the foundation to successful bodybuilding, no amount of steroid is going to revolutionize the way you look without proper nutrition. In my opinion, I'd spend a lot more time improving upon, and showing dedication to a better diet before cycling.

  10. #10
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    Thank you, Windex!!

    Im going to try upload a picture of meName:  bjo,.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  2.2 KB

  11. #11
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    And yes, I am 5 BF %

  12. #12
    Bigd89's Avatar
    Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,053
    Your pic will not open for me, closer to 7-8% from the looks of it.

  13. #13
    POPS's Avatar
    POPS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chitown
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    No, you need to eat according your macros & TDEE & Goals in mind. The last statement is completely false. I'd strongly recommend posting your diet in the diet section of the forums to be evaluated and improved upon. Also, you are definitely not 5% bodyfat otherwise you'd be competing in shows. I would also encourage you to post a picture or buy a set of calipers to accurately determine your bodyfat percentage.

    Diet is the foundation to successful bodybuilding, no amount of steroid is going to revolutionize the way you look without proper nutrition. In my opinion, I'd spend a lot more time improving upon, and showing dedication to a better diet before cycling.
    I agree with windex 100%. I ran var before and I am currently running it now! There will be a point that you will not feel hungry but you need to feed the var.

    Based on your pic, I would definately stay at maint cals or slightly higher. Var is nothng without the diet bro!!!

  14. #14
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    My maintnance calories are 2100 on training days, 1850 on non-training days. (45/35/20, protein, carbs, fat?

    How many calories should I take while on Var to make some lean mass gains without gaining fat??

  15. #15
    POPS's Avatar
    POPS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chitown
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by bjo2925 View Post
    My maintnance calories are 2100 on training days, 1850 on non-training days. (45/35/20, protein, carbs, fat?

    How many calories should I take while on Var to make some lean mass gains without gaining fat??
    to get an accurate idea you need to post up your macros in the diet section..

  16. #16
    Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,287
    Quote Originally Posted by bjo2925 View Post
    My maintnance calories are 2100 on training days, 1850 on non-training days. (45/35/20, protein, carbs, fat?

    How many calories should I take while on Var to make some lean mass gains without gaining fat??
    Gaining fat is inevitable, the trick is gain mostly muscle with minimal fat. Also, your pic is small and we can't see your legs, but again you are not 5% Bodyfat - Close to 10-11% and abs are showing because of skinny frame and number is high due to lack of a lot of lean muscle mass.

    Post an in-depth breakdown of your diet, including times of meals, and Pro/Fat/Carb/Cal of each item & total of each meal in the diet section.

  17. #17
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    I will go to diet section and post my meal plan.

    About my BF, it's not me who says I'm 5%. It's a machine in the gym. :-)

    Thank you all very much!!!

    I'm not English native, sorry for my poor English..

  18. #18
    mani_bono's Avatar
    mani_bono is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by bjo2925 View Post
    Im almost 34 years old, work out since im 26. Its my first cycle in several years.
    Im 172 cm, 63 kg and 5% BF.

    Im going to run it for 8 weeks, with 3 weeks of PCT.

    About the diet, in order to keep my BF this low, i never eat when im not hungry.. well, sometimes i even dont eat when im hungry.
    I know.. thats stupid!!

    I want to gain some pounds with minimum fat gain. More advices on diet, please!
    I think you have better options than var here, although the strength + hardness feeling on var is great but "minimum fat gain" has nothing to do with gear IMO. it's a great compound for cutting and dieting down.
    In my Experience Var is not as easy on liver as they say, I experienced lots of acnes and oily skin with it, don't get me wrong I love var and it's one of my favorites but for your purpose and at 5% body fat there are better and less expensive options out there!

    I would go for more test and would make it the main compound of my cycle, test propionate would be perfect with minimum sides + minimum water retention if your diet is correct.

    About diet generally you should calculate your maintenance calories and start with 400-500 additional calories daily, and it has nothing to do with your appetite.

  19. #19
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    Thanks, Mani!!

    I will also run test! 250mg weekly!!

    About Var.. I allready bought the gear.. and Im really looking forward to use it.

    400-500 calories are a lot of calories.. will I not say goodbye to my abs??
    What do you mean when you say: "minimum fat gain" has nothing to do with gear IMO"

    Ill try to post another pic of me for those who dont believe in my 5% :-)

    Anavar and diet-dsc00044_mini.jpg

  20. #20
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    click on the picture to see it bigger!! Its much more clear than the other one I posted..

  21. #21
    mani_bono's Avatar
    mani_bono is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by bjo2925 View Post
    Thanks, Mani!!

    I will also run test! 250mg weekly!!

    About Var.. I allready bought the gear.. and Im really looking forward to use it.

    400-500 calories are a lot of calories.. will I not say goodbye to my abs??
    What do you mean when you say: "minimum fat gain" has nothing to do with gear IMO"

    Ill try to post another pic of me for those who dont believe in my 5% :-)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00044_mini.jpg 
Views:	3829 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	115732
    It all depends on your metabolism for me it's not a lot, I'm on the 8th day of my lean muscle gain cycle right now and I've been eating +400 calories and I have visible six packs plus lots of vascularity and I didn't made much weight gain yet (about 1lbs) so I'm planning to increase it to about +700! (I'm using test prop + primobolan depot) you can start with less calories and monitor your body and increase it as you go on.

    About gear I meant there is no steroid out there that would make you fat if that's the reason you choose anavar . so you can choose anything and still have minimum fat gain. it all comes down to your diet, it's super important!
    about anavar you can save it for a cutting cycle later but If you made your decision already, then go for it.

  22. #22
    bulldogfan is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    i am a new member and i have never used riods, but i am think of using anavar . for what i read its what i want but i am not sure so please help! i am 21 i am 6'1 230 i am a big bulky guy. most of my fat is in my gut, i need help on yalls phases and what kind of dose i should use!!! and any other suggestions you have!!!!

  23. #23
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    I wil raise 400 calories a day and go from there!!

    About the gear, Im glad you clear that out, I understood tou were saying the opposite. Has safety is one of my biggest concerns, my first choice was Primo + Test, but then I went to Var.. Probably not the best choice..

    Bull, I think you are in the right place to post youre questions.
    My suggestion is that you throw some test in it, not much, but some, 250 weekly. Im planning on a low dose of Var for me, 40 mg. Since its youre first cycle, I suppose you should not do more than that.

    But has you can see, there are a lot of guys here who know more about this subject than me, lets hear them!!

    I read several studies on Var, Its great to lose fat in general with emphasys for abdominal fat.

  24. #24
    bulldogfan is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    thats for the input bjo, but like i said i am totally new to this and i am not sure on what u meant by "test".. i no it is a prolly a very dumb ? but i am new. hahah

  25. #25
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    Test is abreviation for testosterone ,

    I really dont want to sound like youre father. But I suppose that its of crucial importance that you do a lot of research before running youre cycle. Lots of questions in forums, search google docs on substances like testosterone or Anavar (there are good articles on both there), and lots of research on steroid websites (this is really the best one, for me..)

    Good luck!!

    Some more experienced advice should sound great, . Anyone?

  26. #26
    RoidReaper's Avatar
    RoidReaper is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    601
    Var doesn't really add shit but vascularity and strength IMO. Mass gains from var are virtually nil.

  27. #27
    bjo2925 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    So, test should be a must, in your opinion?

  28. #28
    RoidReaper's Avatar
    RoidReaper is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by bjo2925 View Post
    So, test should be a must, in your opinion?
    Uhh yeah, thats the male hormone.

  29. #29
    mani_bono's Avatar
    mani_bono is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan View Post
    i am a new member and i have never used riods, but i am think of using anavar. for what i read its what i want but i am not sure so please help! i am 21 i am 6'1 230 i am a big bulky guy. most of my fat is in my gut, i need help on yalls phases and what kind of dose i should use!!! and any other suggestions you have!!!!
    your 21? Steroids in 21 is dangerous IMO, make sure to read this first: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-2-years-later.

  30. #30
    RoidReaper's Avatar
    RoidReaper is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by mani_bono View Post
    your 21? Steroids in 21 is dangerous IMO, make sure to read this first: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-2-years-later.
    Steroids at any age is Dangerous. But being younger does make it worse. I should know.

    However, hormones were never ment to be ****ed with, so in reality. No age justifies the use of AAS, unless you are low on testosterone and you absolutely NEED it.

    But we dont care about that shit. We take juice for one reason. To make GAINS.

  31. #31
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,746
    Everything Reaper said is on the money. Sarcasm included! Listen to him!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •