DKbuilder is offline Associate Member

No deadlifts or squats on a AAS cycle?

Has anyone ever tried this and how much were your gains lacking? (I know not to do a cycle without being able to perform those essential lifts!!!)

I really want to know how great an impact they have on your overall physique.

Dianabolicus is offline New Member
    If you hit the leg press hard, did lunges and still got in heavy leg workouts... I would venture to say that growth would not be retarded. If you didn't train legs, well why are you running a cycle in the first place? Many people get severe lower back pumps from deadlifts and back squats, opting for leg press and front squat instead.

TeeR4v_Gainer is offline New Member
    i decided to stop deadlifts for the first 6 weeks of my last cycle. I still got great gains. You just have to take whatever movement your doing and be as intense and focused as possible.

I intentionally decided to save deadlifts for the end of my cycle so I could go all out and really spike my growth when I needed it most. (my body likes to deadlift for about 6 weeks then it needs a little break)

squats, do them.. whether it is front or back pick one you like better and get em down. they are hard but totally worth it

choo9 is offline Junior Member
    By squats and deadlifts I'm sure you dont mean legs and back. If thats the case, supplement with similar movements and you'll be good.

darkcrayz is offline Member
    in my current job deads/squats were pretty much out of the question. as long as you hit the other exercises hard you can still get growth without them.

5x10 is offline Associate Member
    cycle or no cycle, imo, squats should always be in a leg workout

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
    cycle or no cycle, imo, squats should always be in a leg workout
    Uh....yea.....

Why would you consider such a thing. Maybe on a precontest cycle I would cut some of the heavy compound movments.

ACE5HIGH is offline Member
    I dont really understand the question. Basically no Deads or Squats (Back or Legs) is going to slow gains ON or OFF cycle regardless of AAS... Its kinda like asking if eating would effect you cycle?

DKbuilder is offline Associate Member
    The excercises, not completely neglecting back and legs. That's what I meant.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    No man if your always doing squats and deads you should be changing it up frequently. Just like any routine you should be constantly changing your routines to keep you body guessing and growing. Your body will respond better to your workouts if you are changing them up after long periods of doing the same thing.

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    No man if your always doing squats and deads you should be changing it up frequently. Just like any routine you should be constantly changing your routines to keep you body guessing and growing. Your body will respond better to your workouts if you are changing them up after long periods of doing the same thing.
    agreed, its a silly question if you dont train your lower body your leaving out so many gains, naturally or geared

Quote Originally Posted by lifter65 View Post
    agreed, its a silly question if you dont train your lower body your leaving out so many gains, naturally or geared
    i dont think he is asking to skip lower body just different exercises. i could be wrong though.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    These are bread and butter exercises in my opinion. If your looking for size,, I think these two are a must.

iwillsleepwhenidie is offline Junior Member
    Why run gear then? Gonna look like a fungo bat

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like someone has back problems.
    I don't squat, I do deadlift once a week though. I work legs once a week if I'm lucky. I'm still one of the bigger guys in the gym and my physique is like that of a marvel cartoon super hero, very small waist and wide shoulders.
    Are squats necessary? No are they more beneficial than any other exercise? Probably. I can't do them because of an injury, really I shouldn't even be doing deads but so long as I don't go too heavy (500+) and keep my reps in the mids I seem to be able to handle them ok.

bonosmate is offline New Member
    back pain can be a killer....i even got them running a course of anavar !! i could still do lifts......but could push myself because the back pain would kick in always!!

bonosmate is offline New Member
    Why do people actually get the back pain when on cycles?

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcrayz View Post
    i dont think he is asking to skip lower body just different exercises. i could be wrong though.
    Ya. Some of the guys on here take stupid pills in addition to gear. We have to bear with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bonosmate View Post
    Why do people actually get the back pain when on cycles?
    water retention, blood pumps in the lower back from certain exercises. i have had them, had to lay on the floor with my feet up til the pump subsided.

PitMaster is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac Man View Post
    Sounds like someone has back problems.
    I don't squat, I do deadlift once a week though. I work legs once a week if I'm lucky. I'm still one of the bigger guys in the gym and my physique is like that of a marvel cartoon super hero, very small waist and wide shoulders.
    Are squats necessary? No are they more beneficial than any other exercise? Probably. I can't do them because of an injury, really I shouldn't even be doing deads but so long as I don't go too heavy (500+) and keep my reps in the mids I seem to be able to handle them ok.
    If one wasn't able to do squats or deadlifs period, So far leg curls and lunges seem to work? Leg extensions for now also out of question. Will I still make gains proportionate to my upper body? While I cycle I mean. Sust and dbol 4 weeks first cycle.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by DKbuilder View Post
    Has anyone ever tried this and how much were your gains lacking? (I know not to do a cycle without being able to perform those essential lifts!!!)

I really want to know how great an impact they have on your overall physique.
    Last cycle I didnt do either, and my gains were great. But instead of deadlifts I did back extensions, and instead of squats i did more leg presses & lunges.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I want to see someone on cycle only work one side of the body and see how the gains are. LOL

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    If one wasn't able to do squats or deadlifs period, So far leg curls and lunges seem to work? Leg extensions for now also out of question. Will I still make gains proportionate to my upper body? While I cycle I mean. Sust and dbol 4 weeks first cycle.
    you were already told that is a horrible cycle to run and now you want to run it doing limited exercises.

mustang331 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    You're a moron...seriously..stupid stupid stupid..wtf kind of cycle is that and especially for a beginner?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Mustang no need for the flamming and name calling

Quote Originally Posted by mustang331 View Post
    You're a moron...seriously..stupid stupid stupid..wtf kind of cycle is that and especially for a beginner?
    Im a beginner there pro and I got that cycle info off of here, and asking about it. I havent started and am learning and revising my cycle plan and easing my way and educating myself best I can. I come to this forum cuz I know there are alot of advanced peeps that will help. I might be ignorant but not educating myself and going ahead and sticking would make me a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    you were already told that is a horrible cycle to run and now you want to run it doing limited exercises.
    I posted that before I got your response on the other.

Thread Information