Thread: Equip or test

NotConvincedYet is offline Associate Member

Equip or test

Hello all,

First up, my stats...

34 yo
    6 foot (183cm)
    183lbs
    Training for 18 years (started at 140lbs). At the moment I am still completely natural
    BF 12%

Training 4-6 days a week. Just finished strength phase, and moving in to hypertrophy, so using more supersets and keeping muscles under tension for longer periods to stimulate new growth.

I'd need a book to explain all the things with diet I have tried over 18 years. I recently tried Maro Pasqualie's recommendations (he wrote the anabolic solution for those who are unaware - good read!) using 4500 cals. I have tried 2500 calories to 4500 cals, all in different macronutrient combo's. At 34 and finding it very very hard to put on muscle I am now exploring other options.

I am currently doing my research in to my first cycle and would like experienced opinions on whether to use test E or Equipoise as a first cycle.

Originally, from reading reading reading, I understand that Test E used alone (with appropriate PCT) is the usual first choice as its a great start to see how the body responds. I don't want to put on a great deal of muscle in the long term, and with minimal water retention. I aim to put on a smaller amount (10lbs) of quality 'hard' muscle which is why I am steering towards equipoise.

So I guess from that info, is it ok to start with equip?
    Last edited by NotConvincedYet; 06-26-2011 at 04:29 PM.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    You read correct that test only should be your first cycle.....you should never do a cycle that does not have test in it. If your looking for just around ten lbs i would say that you could do that with 300mg of test a week and an ai to prevent water retention if you happen to notice some

Str8Jakked is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    If your looking for just around ten lbs i would say that you could do that with 300mg of test a week and an ai to prevent water retention if you happen to notice some
    Exactly, a basic Test E or Cyp cycle and an AI and PCT goodies are all you need.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8Jakked View Post
    Exactly, a basic Test E or Cyp cycle and an AI and PCT goodies are all you need.
    I agree. For a 1st cycle these things are all you need if your DIET and TRAINING are on point as well.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Definitely wouldnt start with eq. Not because it's not a decent compound *INSERT MARCUS HERE* but because it comes with allot of negative sides.
    a 10 wk test only cycle is a good start. You could add some var in the end there is you're feeling froggy. I'm not too much of a stickler when telling people to use one compound only for their first cycle but I do believe you should start your first cycle with only one compound. By week 8 you'll know what sides your test is giving you.

NotConvincedYet is offline Associate Member
    Hey thanks guys. Pretty simple answer in the end!

Cheers for your help...

Thread Information