Devils Advocate is offline Junior Member

Anyone With Type 1 Diabetes?

I have a buddy of mine that's a type 1 diabetic and he whines all day about how he wants to do AAS but can't because of his sugars, etc... He's far from ready anyway, the guy hits the gym like once a week at most and eats McDonald's all day, and then complains that he needs juice to get in shape. I can't stand him to be honest, I tell him to eat right and actually come to the gym consistently, etc... blah blah blah, enough ranting....

Anyway, I just want to know if there are any of you that do have it and use AAS. From what I've read, it's not recommended but I'm pretty sure I've read that some do without complications, but that may have been those with type 2. I just want to know this for my own knowledge from those with the condition and experience. Thanks.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Gixxerboy is type I, I believe.
    Plenty of AAS users are diabetics (though many of them are only diabetics in the first place due to heavy GH and insulin use).
    But I don't see why this matters, since your friend is clearly using his diabtes as an excuse for being a slob.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    If you do a search there are many threads about T1D and AAS usage

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    yes i am. The only thing things that have effected my blood sugar is hgh. Which i knew it would. And for what ever reason anadrol raised my blood sugar where i had to discontinue it after 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Gixxerboy is type I, I believe.
    Plenty of AAS users are diabetics (though many of them are only diabetics in the first place due to heavy GH and insulin use).
    But I don't see why this matters, since your friend is clearly using his diabtes as an excuse for being a slob.
    You're 100% right. He does use diabetes as an excuse for everything. I mean, I'm not diabetic so I can't speak on what it's like but he constantly skips the gym saying he's sick. When he does go to the gym he does the same muscle groups, his biceps and maybe some chest or triceps. No more than like 4 sets altogether, then gives up saying he's not feeling good and just chats the rest of the time. It's kind of annoying. But it does matter for my own personal knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    If you do a search there are many threads about T1D and AAS usage
    Probably right. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    yes i am. The only thing things that have effected my blood sugar is hgh. Which i knew it would. And for what ever reason anadrol raised my blood sugar where i had to discontinue it after 3 days.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't tryin to put u down or anything, just there is alot of info on that already... Just fivin u a heads up if u wanted more info and wasnt gettin responses

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    Ive heard test can be used to help maintain blood sugars in type 2 diabetics.

He probably just go it? and doesnt know how to control his diet yet and thats why he feels sick.

I would say that it is probably harder for type 1's to bulk up because they cant eat the same high calorie foods as non diabetics.

Then again insulin is thought to be the most powerful muscle building hormone, but im not sure if a type 1 could really see much benefit from the hormone because his body doesn't make it on its own. I would say if any bonus to injecting insulin is probably counteracted by his diet restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by DAAS View Post
    Ive heard test can be used to help maintain blood sugars in type 2 diabetics.

He probably just go it? and doesnt know how to control his diet yet and thats why he feels sick.

I would say that it is probably harder for type 1's to bulk up because they cant eat the same high calorie foods as non diabetics.

Then again insulin is thought to be the most powerful muscle building hormone, but im not sure if a type 1 could really see much benefit from the hormone because his body doesn't make it on its own. I would say if any bonus to injecting insulin is probably counteracted by his diet restrictions.
    no offence but your way off on how it works.

which part?

The whole post.
    It's just important to understand this stuff in general, since there are tons of diabetics out there.

Insulin injections allow diabetics to eat pretty much anything (assuming they dose and time the injection correctly), since the lack of insulin production is the only thing separating type I diabetics from anyone else.

This would be a good starting place: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabete...ype_1_diabetes
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 08-10-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Yes, however what a normal person could eat to bulk up like pasta or potatos, I diabetic couldnt because the sugars in such foods have a high Glycemic index and would cause a a rapid raise in blood sugars to fast for fast acting insulin 's such as humalog to keep up with, causing a temporary hyperglycemic state.

When that happen your body flushes out the sugar by pissing away your body's water and causes weight lose. as well as damaging organ tissues in for example the kidney.

A diabetic would have to eat lower GI foods which tend to be lower in calories.

Yes, however what a normal person could eat to bulk up like pasta or potatos, I diabetic couldnt because the sugars in such foods have a high Glycemic index and would cause a a rapid raise in blood sugars to fast for fast acting insulin 's such as humalog to keep up with, causing a temporary hyperglycemic state.

When that happen your body flushes out the sugar by pissing away your bodys water and causes weight loose. as well as damaging organ tissues in for example the kidney.

That's why they pin insulin BEFORE eating.

A diabetic who understands how to properly use his insulin can make better gains than you or I, since he doesn't have to rely on his pancreas for natural insulin. It's like comparing HRT (or even cycling, with way that pros use slin) to natural test production.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 08-10-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Even so. Some foods are just to fast at raising blood sugars, and if your bulking up your eating allot of that certain food.

Yes, however what a normal person could eat to bulk up like pasta or potatos, I diabetic couldnt because the sugars in such foods have a high Glycemic index and would cause a a rapid raise in blood sugars to fast for fast acting insulin's such as humalog to keep up with, causing a temporary hyperglycemic state.

When that happen your body flushes out the sugar by pissing away your body's water and causes weight lose. as well as damaging organ tissues in for example the kidney.

again that is false

and im pretty postitive test CAN help type 2 diabetics maintain blood sugar

and im pretty sure the kid is feeling sick because he DOESNT know how to maintain his sugars

and Im pretty sure Insulin IS the king of building muscle

I feel like the only part that can be debated is the diet part

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    That's why they pin insulin BEFORE eating.

A diabetic who understands how to properly use his insulin can make better gains than you or I, since he doesn't have to rely on his pancreas for natural insulin. It's like comparing HRT (or even cycling, with way that pros use slin) to natural test production.
    idk man, a person will never be able to inject insulin in a way that provides insulin coverage better then your own body would. And rDNA origin insulin is no were near as powerful or effective as actual human insulin.

Yes there could be moments where a diabetic could receive a boost from there insulin but over all in the long run a diabetic will run into more health problems and diet issues then a normal person, both of which are not good at building muscle. And its not like they can eat whatever they want just inject more and more insulin, because then controlling blood sugars would become even more difficult. And over all health is important in a diabetic
    Last edited by DAAS; 08-10-2011 at 10:08 PM.

idk man, a person will never be able to inject insulin in a way that provides insulin better then your own body would. And rDNA origin insulin is no were near as powerful or effective as actual human insulin.

Yes there could be moments where a diabetic could receive a boost from there insulin but over all in the long run a diabetic will run into more health problems and diet issues then a normal person, both of which are not good at building muscle. And its not like they can eat whatever they want just inject more and more insulin, because then controlling blood sugars would become even more difficult. And over all health is important in a diabetic
    Where did I mention overall health?
    I just said that injectable insulin, if used properly, can be better than having a healthy pancreas where BBing is concerned. Do you have any idea how much slin pro BBers use? It allows them to eat inhuman amounts of carbs every 2 hours and shuttle it all straight to the muscle (along with overcoming the insulin resistance from all the GH).

Point is: diabetics using insulin properly are not limited in the foods they can eat, as you kept claiming. But if you still want to keep arguing this for some reason, talk to Gixxer, as he has to deal with it every day and can easily set you straight.

I im a type 1 diabetic as well and I can tell you right now I cant just inject retarded amounts of insulin and eat what ever I want, at some point( no matter how good at it you think you are) your blood sugars will be at a state that is unhealthy.

I didnt say that you cant get a little boost from it, but if you dont want to shave ten years of your life, you shouldnt eat retarded amounts of high carb foods.

I have felt like i was going into diabetic coma before and checked my BS after eating something high is carbs and it was right at 100

And its not like I just dont know how to control my sugars correctly, I was in the doctors the other day to go over my A1C and other blood work and he thought I didnt have diabetes because my a1c was so great. true story.
    Last edited by DAAS; 08-10-2011 at 10:19 PM.

I im a type 1 diabetic as well and I can tell you right now I cant just inject retarded amounts of insulin and eat what ever I want, at some point( no matter how good at it you think you are) your blood sugars will be at a state that is unhealthy.

I didnt say that you cant get a little boost from it, but if you dont want to shave ten years of your life, you shouldnt eat retarded amounts of high carb foods.

I have felt like i was going into diabetic coma before and checked my BS after eating something high is carbs and it was right at 100

And its not like I just dont know how to control my sugars correctly, I was in the doctors the other day to go over my A1C and other blood work and he thought I didnt have diabetes because my a1c was so great. true story.
    you thought you were going into a comma and your glucose level was 100?

I'm just wondering if it's as bad as this guy says it is. I mean, in my mind he's just making excuses for being a ***** like most people in this world are. But maybe I'm wrong and being a diabetic really affects how he trains. To me, he just eats shit and trains when he feels like it, like this week he came with me twice. Don't think he's ever made a full week of training that I recall. Sometimes he doesn't even go the whole week, shows up the week after and does his same old bicep curls again. I got him in the gym yesterday, wanted him to do squats and he didn't even attempt it. Did a few sets of leg curls and a few sets of leg presses and was done. Like WTF kinda' workout is that? The whole time he's there he complains about how he can't get muscled up because he has diabetes and just wants to find someone with the same condition that's jacked up to ask them what kinda' workouts they have to do. I tell him that it's the same shit everyone else does. Just because they're diabetic doesn't mean they're aliens or something. He thinks there's some magic thing he has to do to induce hypertrophy for some reason. Not only that, he tells me every day he's going to go to his doctor and tell him he feels like shit so he'll give him steroids (which will never happen to begin with). And somehow, that's going to make him come to the gym on a consistent basis and eat right.... Guys like him piss me off sooooo much... I just wanna' straight out tell him to stop bitchin' and complainin', man the **** up and follow what I tell him, but... Don't wanna' make the baby cry. That, and he spots me and gives me rides to the gym once in a while.

your friends just lazy and making excuses. He may feel crappy sometime if he has poor control of his diabetes but again thats something he can fix with effort.

I've been a diabetic since i was 9. I played sports all threw school, fought mma, and have no problems in the gym.

Yeah that's what I figured. Whatever, I'll just keep makin' him feel like a pu$$y until he either quits coming altogether or makes a major change and takes it seriously.

PetrX is offline Associate Member
    I'm a type 1 diabetic...it happen in afghan when I was in the army..no one in my family has diabetes so everyone was shocked...I got out of the army in 09 and I decided to try test e ...it worked great for me, I went up to 235 lbs with bf% of around 7-8...I was using waaay less insulin ..I was a medic in the army and now I'm at med school to become a pharm..me and my dr did research on test and came to figure that since test helps u develope muscle which leads to muscle burning more sugar off there fore less insulin is required...plus we also found that diabetic sooner or later end up with low t..my blood work was great and my cholestrol was aswell so I went on a 10 week cycle of test e 500 a week and had no sides..my diet has always been on point before and after and have always been very active..will be doing my 2nd cycle soon was I can find nova since aar is gone =/

user12345 is offline Junior Member
    I think this post is another fake, not to say worth reading though.

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    this post is also a couple months old??????

Thread Information