jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life

Loading air in to the syringe?

In another post a couple guys said they loaded air in to the syringe to help push out the gear.
    I have done this a couple times now with about .l ml air with no problems. Wondering if anyone else does this?

You would fill the syringe with gear, then suck in another .3 or less ml of air, invert so the air goes to the top, and pin the gear, using just enough extra air to push through all of the oil while leaving the excess air in the syringe.

Anyone else ever do this? It safe?

If done properly this method could save you 20-25% of gear if pinning ed

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Yes like everything else if done right its fine and ive been doing it for years....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I dont do it. Yes its safe. and technically your increasing your dosages a little

Srobis15 is offline Associate Member
    Im willing to sacrifice that little bit left over just for peace of mind, but people do it and they come out fine. However I am sure there are cases when complications might occur if done incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Srobis15 View Post
    Im willing to sacrifice that little bit left over just for peace of mind, but people do it and they come out fine. However I am sure there are cases when complications might occur if done incorrectly.
    .1ml of air even into a vein isnt going to hurt you

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    In another post a couple guys said they loaded air in to the syringe to help push out the gear.
    I have done this a couple times now with about .l ml air with no problems. Wondering if anyone else does this?

You would fill the syringe with gear, then suck in another .3 or less ml of air, invert so the air goes to the top, and pin the gear, using just enough extra air to push through all of the oil while leaving the excess air in the syringe.

Anyone else ever do this? It safe?

If done properly this method could save you 20-25% of gear if pinning ed
    Since gear isnt administered IV there would be no reason that i know of that this could hurt you. If you didnt aspirate and injected into vein then..well then you prolly would have several issues as well as o2 in your bloodstream. Even o2 in the bloodstream is overated as to its dangers..unless you get o2 injected into an artery..here are a few quotes from Wikpedia regarding air embolism.

Air can be injected directly into the veins either accidentally or as a deliberate act. Examples include misuse of a syringe, and industrial injury resulting from use of compressed air.[citation needed] However, the amount of air that would be administered by a single small syringe is, in most cases, not enough to suddenly stop the heart, nor cause instant death.[citation needed] However, such bubbles may occasionally reach the arterial system through a patent foramen ovale, as noted above, and cause random ischemic damage, depending on their route of arterial travel.[citation needed]

Small amounts of air often get into the blood circulation accidentally during surgery and other medical procedures (for example a bubble entering an intravenous fluid line), but most of these air emboli enter the veins and are stopped at the lungs, and thus a venous air embolism that shows any symptoms is very rare.[citation

Gas embolism into an artery, termed arterial gas embolism (AGE), is a more serious matter than in a vein, because a gas bubble in an artery may directly stop blood flow to an area fed by the artery. The symptoms of 'AGE' depend on the area of blood flow, and may be those of stroke or heart attack if the brain or heart, respectively, is affected.[3] The amount of arterial gas embolism that causes symptoms depends on location, but in the brain may be a bubble with a volume only a fraction of a milliliter.[citation needed]

tony1032 is offline Junior Member
    I've always drawn about 0.2mL of air into the syringe to help push the oil in. To be honest I don't even aspirate anymore. I've hot a vein on occasion, and while it isn't an enjoyable experience, it's no big deal and a rarity too.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1032 View Post
    I've always drawn about 0.2mL of air into the syringe to help push the oil in. To be honest I don't even aspirate anymore. I've hot a vein on occasion, and while it isn't an enjoyable experience, it's no big deal and a rarity too.
    Dude this is not cool...

Bad practice

Always aspirate .... Its like not wearing a seat belt.... Just because you have gotten away with it before doesnt mean you should do it all the time...
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

thanks for the replies guys

it is a bit more of a p.i.t.a doing it this way.. but saves me approx .1 + ml of gear ED
    lost about 4 doses out of my last 20 dose vial due to the residual left over in the pin/syringe, just started doing this method
    just have to compensate when measuring.. if I draw to the .4 line, it comes out very close to .5 ml of gear

can you imagine how much better shape everyone would be in if they put this much extra effort into their diet.

Calculating how much they loose per injection, per cycle, Compensating when drawing, holy shit all over an extra drop of oil. If your that dependent on the steroids for results that you need every drop you have other issues.

sorry rant over

tony1032 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Dude this is not cool...

Bad practice

Always aspirate.... Its like not wearing a seat belt.... Just because you have gotten away with it before doesnt mean you should do it all the time...
    Based on rarely it occurs and how little of a threat it poses, it's never been a major concern. After so many injections it quickly becomes evident where the veins and nerves are. As long as I'm not in a hurry, it's pretty easy to push a smooth injection.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Since gear isnt administered IV there would be no reason that i know of that this could hurt you. If you didnt aspirate and injected into vein then..well then you prolly would have several issues as well as o2 in your bloodstream. Even o2 in the bloodstream is overated as to its dangers..unless you get o2 injected into an artery..here are a few quotes from Wikpedia regarding air embolism.

[/B]
    I'd certainly hope you have oxygen in your bloodstream
    The danger of air bubbles in your circulatory system is from the air itself displacing blood. O2 has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 08-15-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    can you imagine how much better shape everyone would be in if they put this much extra effort into their diet.

Calculating how much they loose per injection, per cycle, Compensating when drawing, holy shit all over an extra drop of oil. If your that dependent on the steroids for results that you need every drop you have other issues.

sorry rant over

100% Agree...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    I'd certainly hope you have oxygen on your bloodstream
    The danger of air bubbles in your circulatory system is from the air itself displacing blood. O2 has nothing to do with it.
    cmon Bonaparte..ok..misuse of a symbol foul...I clearly was speaking of air..But thank you for clearing that up. I guess someone could have been confused by my incorrect verbiage...

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    cmon Bonaparte..ok..misuse of a symbol foul...I clearly was speaking of air..But thank you for clearing that up. I guess someone could have been confused by my incorrect verbiage...
    Just making sure we're all on the same page. Nothing against you.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 08-15-2011 at 03:47 PM.

stpete is offline Banned

Calculating how much they loose per injection, per cycle, compensating when drawing, holy shit all over an extra drop of oil. If your that dependent on the steroids for results that you need every drop you have other issues.

Sorry rant over
    x3..

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"

sorry rant over
    Finally a voice of reason!

What about if the air you suck up is not sterile?

There is no way you lose 4 doses in a 20 dose vial to this. Not even if you are injecting with a 50ml syringe and an 18g needle would you lose that much. The amount you save is marginal at best.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    the air to expel the oil thing doesnt work, you will still be left with that annoying little drop in the nib of the syringe.

i cant honestly believe no-one has come up with a patent to eradicate this, only a simple tip on the centre of the plunger is necessary. juicers would make him/her very rich lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Finally a voice of reason!

What about if the air you suck up is not sterile?

There is no way you lose 4 doses in a 20 dose vial to this. Not even if you are injecting with a 50ml syringe and an 18g needle would you lose that much. The amount you save is marginal at best.
    If I am taking .5ml ED, yet drawing traditionally a bit over .1ml is wasted ED in the pin/syringe.. for every 5 doses I lose over .5ml, which is 1 dose... do this for the duration of the vial, you lose about 4 doses... I got 15.5 out of my last 20, and I measure it to .5 exactly everytime, and yes the vial was full

This is why it is a concern.. why trash 20% of your gear when there is a better way?

sorry rant over
    I guess I must have other issues such as common sense and not wasting good gear
    If you don't mind throwing out 1/5 of your gear..
    Last edited by jasc; 08-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    the air to expel the oil thing doesnt work, you will still be left with that annoying little drop in the nib of the syringe.

i cant honestly believe no-one has come up with a patent to eradicate this, only a simple tip on the centre of the plunger is necessary. juicers would make him/her very rich lol
    Damn good idea.. I'd definitely buy em

If I am taking .5ml ED, yet drawing traditionally a bit over .1ml is wasted ED in the pin/syringe.. for every 5 doses I lose over .5ml, which is 1 dose... do this for the duration of the vial, you lose about 4 doses... I got 15.5 out of my last 20, and I measure it to .5 exactly everytime, and yes the vial was full

This is why it is a concern.. why trash 20% of your gear when there is a better way?

I guess I must have other issues such as common sense and not wasting good gear
    If you don't mind throwing out 1/5 of your gear..
    So your injecting 1 compound a day at .5ml a day. What are you injecting?

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post

My syringes have that already.

If you injected .2ml at a time you could waste half your gear, however why the hell would you do that? If you are injecting such a small amount per day the smart thing to do would be to buy 1ml or less syringes. I still don't think it's .1 but that depends on the syringe. In all the syringes I've used it's literally a drop.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    I call this practice "scraping the pipe"...it also reminds me of a crackhead dropping a slinder of a rock into the carpet and frantically looking for it. Come on guys, .1ml?! F*ck that! Im not the richest man on this forum but that is a complete wase of my time. Little juice feens you guys are...

Lmfao!!!!

Test Prop dosed at 140mg/ml... was sold as 100 mg/ml, however had a friend, chem professor at a local college, test them and they tested between 140 - 141 mg/ml
    .5 ed gives me 490mg/week.... close enough to 500

I am using 3ml syringes/ 23g 1" pins 1 ml probably would have been better, but 3 was more available
    I wouldn't think .1 would be wasted either and didn't pay attention to this until my first vial was gone days before it should have been. If I put in .5ml exactly, according to the markings, then suck in air to clear the pin/syringe "nub", and let it settle, it will read over .6ml.. granted there is the little lump on the plunger which will skew the measurements a little. I have also noticed that after I pin, if I suck air in to the plunger and let it settle it will read a little over 1.5ml of oil left in the syringe, but the plunger also skews this measurement a little bit as well

Hey guys, look! Over there, on the ground!

Omg!!!

Its .1ml of test!

All right!

This really is not a big deal, but most of that comes from the needle which is gonna stay the same no matter what.
    1. Get smaller syringes/needles
    2. inject a little more to compensate
    3. inject eod

Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    I call this practice "scraping the pipe"...it also reminds me of a crackhead dropping a slinder of a rock into the carpet and frantically looking for it. Come on guys, .1ml?! F*ck that! Im not the richest man on this forum but that is a complete wase of my time. Little juice feens you guys are...

Lmfao!!!!
    It kinda does sound that way... was meant to be a simple question.. But since you mention it, I am startin to itch...

It kinda does sound that way... was meant to be a simple question.. But since you mention it, I am startin to itch...
    From now on, we call YOU jaw jacker!

Hahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    This really is not a big deal, but most of that comes from the needle which is gonna stay the same no matter what.
    1. Get smaller syringes/needles
    2. inject a little more to compensate
    3. inject eod
    Not too worried about it... using .1 - .2ml of air solves the problem..
    I thought about eod, but figured ed would give me more consistent levels..
    Wasn't meant to be a big deal, I just started the thread to see if there was a better way or if this loss was just part of the process

From now on, we call YOU jaw jacker!

Hahahahaha!
    Last edited by jasc; 08-15-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Why not drawl sterile water, inject horizontally, all oil falls to bottom and viola! Problem solved!

VItamin b works too. I used that when I did prop. I would just get smaller syringes. I would be pissed if 1/5 of my gear was wasted. I would fix that problem. Air I don't think solves it though because I use air when taking oral compounds like accutane and the tip is still filled once all the air comes out.

Why not drawl sterile water, inject horizontally, all oil falls to bottom and viola! Problem solved!
    good idea... too much work..

Man, you fools have me over here talking about scraping the pipe and sh*t too. I too am a low life now... :-(

Finally! A cock ring for all 4 of my Penis's!!!

Finally! A cock ring for all 4 of my Penis's!!!
    Could always find that slinder you lost and invite 3 friends over... may have to get some smaller finger holes though

Thread Information