jaab is offline Banned

Hair Loss - Experience?

Hey guys,

So I've just completed 6 weeks of my 500 mg test e cycle. Over the course of this cycle, I've noticed that anytime I rub my hand through my hair, some pieces of hair will fall out into my hand. It doesn't do this all the time, but it does it quite frequently. I've noticed this from the beginning of my cycle.

Just over the past week or so, I've noticed some strands of hair in the shower as well that get caught in the drain after my shower. I've just been looking more recently, so it could have been doing this all along.

I have been growing my hair out and haven't cut it even once since beginning the cycle, and I haven't noticed any "bald" spots, but I think it COULD be thinning some. For example, it feels almost "sticky" when it's wet. I have noticed since I started conditioning it on a regular basis that the texture of my hair has been getting better.

I feel like I have been getting extra anal about it since on this cycle since hair loss scares me a ton, and I've probably noticed it more because of this. I never really thought too much of it before I started this cycle, so I may not have noticed all the hairs falling out.

I also know it's normal to shed anywhere form 80-120 or so hairs per day, so maybe I'm just noticing them more than what I did before. Also, since I'm growing my hair out, could more just be falling out because of that?

Finally, are there any products that you think I should be taking like propecia to avoid anymore, or do you think it's moreso just all in my head? Have any of you guys noticed more shedding when you're on cycle that goes away once you get off cycle? Any help here would be much appreciated, even if it's just an experience you've had while you were on cycle.

Cliffs:
    -6 weeks in cycle and noticing more hair shedding in shower/rubbing my hands through my hair (Noticed this throughout cycle, but perhaps more now, especially in shower)
    -Should I take any product like propecia to avoid this, or is it all in my head? (you do shed 80-120ish hairs per day, and I may not have noticed this before, although I think it'd be pretty hard to miss the fallen hairs in the shower before)
    -Hair seems to be thinning? (it's almost "sticky" when wet, although the overall texture seems to be improving since conditioning regularly)
    -Any similar experiences?

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had same problem but was once I got off roids.. I went to dermatologist and they put me on finasteride which helps regrow hair and slow down loss. At one time i lost over 200 strands in 1 shower, now I lose like 5 to 10 a day which is normal.. Certain roids come with hairloss (DHT) so be carefull. Hope info helps!!

xelnaga is offline Banned
    All I can do is share my experience. That being said Im not suggesting this is your case, just a possibility. My first cycle I lost a ton of hair. In the shower, during the day, and at night. I was on test enth and then the ladder cycle I was doing test/dbol . Anyway... after many visits to dif. doctors and an rx for propecia, I was diagnosed with psychosematic (sp) hairloss. Basically my nervousness about losing my hair was causing it to fall out. 7 years latter I still have a full head of hair and no receding hair line. Worrying about the possibilities of side effects caused them for me.

guitario is offline Associate Member
    On my Dbol only cycles (yes i know, but they work for me), i shed for the first 2 weeks then it slows down. I do notice it thinner on top, especially when wet but it seems to grow back a month or so after pct. So i don't know whether this is psychosomatic, due to toxins from the Dbol or an actual DHT related cause.

I don't yet know if I have mpb or not. I am almost 31 but my temples have receded since my early 20's but that's all so far and even that seemed to stop 3/4 years ago. I could be lucky and stick with a full head of hair, or it could all come out in the next few years. Who knows. This is my experience so I don't know if this helps at all..

jaab is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    I had same problem but was once I got off roids.. I went to dermatologist and they put me on finasteride which helps regrow hair and slow down loss. At one time i lost over 200 strands in 1 shower, now I lose like 5 to 10 a day which is normal.. Certain roids come with hairloss (DHT) so be carefull. Hope info helps!!
    Are you still on finasteride? If so, do you think you'll have to remain on it for life, or will you eventually be able to come off without significant hair loss?

Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga View Post
    All I can do is share my experience. That being said Im not suggesting this is your case, just a possibility. My first cycle I lost a ton of hair. In the shower, during the day, and at night. I was on test enth and then the ladder cycle I was doing test/dbol. Anyway... after many visits to dif. doctors and an rx for propecia, I was diagnosed with psychosematic (sp) hairloss. Basically my nervousness about losing my hair was causing it to fall out. 7 years latter I still have a full head of hair and no receding hair line. Worrying about the possibilities of side effects caused them for me.
    I have been semi stressed about it, but I'm trying to not care so much. It can be alarming though. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by guitario View Post
    On my Dbol only cycles (yes i know, but they work for me), i shed for the first 2 weeks then it slows down. I do notice it thinner on top, especially when wet but it seems to grow back a month or so after pct. So i don't know whether this is psychosomatic, due to toxins from the Dbol or an actual DHT related cause.

I don't yet know if I have mpb or not. I am almost 31 but my temples have receded since my early 20's but that's all so far and even that seemed to stop 3/4 years ago. I could be lucky and stick with a full head of hair, or it could all come out in the next few years. Who knows. This is my experience so I don't know if this helps at all..
    That's good to hear that it grew back after your PCT.

Jaab- I stopped finasteride in the middle of my last cycle. I finally decided i wasnt going bald. I eventually stopped thinking about it and still have a full head of hair.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I got off as it didnt help me any!! Some it works for some it doesnt, mine has been thinning for about 4 years I say another 3-4 years i will be shaving it off, plus there is no baldness on either side of my family.. So I know I screwed my self off, but was told once DHT hits there is no turning back and it will continue to fall out. FYI

Honestly .... who cares bro. 90 percent of my bros do it . Shave it off and forget it.

PetrX is offline Associate Member
    I actually grew more hair on my head, thicker and fuller and my skin was nice and moisturized haha test e loves me I guess I'm one of the lucky few

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Its a horrible feeling. I noticed when I showered I would get hairs in my eyes and mouth, it blew my mind. I used to get a bit of shedding while on cycle, but my last run with deca it came out like crazy. The top of my head definitly thinned, you can tell when its wet. I started using Nioxin hair treatments.....I DONT WANT BE BALD !! I tried Propieca but it made my gyno flare up, only took 5 days. It sucks, gotta be sure how far you are willing to go when using steroids .
    Quote Originally Posted by jaab View Post

Just over the past week or so, I've noticed some strands of hair in the shower as well that get caught in the drain after my shower. I've just been looking more recently, so it could have been doing this all along.

I have been growing my hair out and haven't cut it even once since beginning the cycle, and I haven't noticed any "bald" spots, but I think it COULD be thinning some. For example, it feels almost "sticky" when it's wet. I have noticed since I started conditioning it on a regular basis that the texture of my hair has been getting better.

I feel like I have been getting extra anal about it since on this cycle since hair loss scares me a ton, and I've probably noticed it more because of this. I never really thought too much of it before I started this cycle
    Finally, are there any products that you think I should be taking like propecia to avoid anymore, or do you think it's moreso just all in my head? Have any of you guys noticed more shedding when you're on cycle that goes away once you get off cycle? Any help here would be much appreciated, even if it's just an experience you've had while you were on cycle.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Its a horrible feeling. I noticed when I showered I would get hairs in my eyes and mouth, it blew my mind. I used to get a bit of shedding while on cycle, but my last run with deca it came out like crazy. The top of my head definitly thinned, you can tell when its wet. I started using Nioxin hair treatments.....I DONT WANT BE BALD !! I tried Propieca but it made my gyno flare up, only took 5 days. It sucks, gotta be sure how far you are willing to go when using steroids.
    I do believe that some hair loss is not due to DHT. I think some hairloss is a side effect of the body not agreeing with a compound.

Thread Information