ground_pound is offline New Member

Test Prop shot frequency

Hey guys,

I'm about to start my Test prop/winny cycle and one of my best friends is a pro bodybuilder and suggested for the first 7-10 days to inject EOD and afterwards every third day. When I planned my cycle I had planned to inject 100mg EOD of the prop and 40mg Winny tabs ED with .5mg of arimidex EOD. I would like some experienced user's opinion. This is my first cycle using an injectable.

Height: 5'8
    Weight 184lbs
    Body fat: 12.1%
    Lifting experience: 4 years steady, was a semi pro soccer player before.

weeks 1-8 Winny tabs 40mg ED
    weeks 3-8 Test Prop 100mg EOD (still need opinion)
    weeks 1-8 arimidex .5mg EOD
    weeks 9-12 Clomid 50mg ED
    weeks 9-12 arimidex 1mg ED

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i would do prop ed or eod never e3d
    why are you starting the prop at week 3?
    8 weeks of winny is alot
    i would not use a-dex for pct get nolva
    i would see how you feel during cycle and use a-dex if needed.

xelnaga is offline Banned
    I have stewed over this question every day since i planned my prop cycle. I have settles on 60mgs ED. I hear the benefits are more stable blood levels and better energy. I talked to a lot of vets on this board and most suggested 100mg eod, because ed is a lot of injections.

WSC786 is offline Associate Member
    Why starting prop at wk 3. Start that at wk 1 and run it for 8 weeks. I would ease up on the winny a little. A lot of people find it hard on the joints when being ran that long. It's good that u have the a-dex for your cycle but I wouldn't really use it unless you start to have issues.
    Gixxerboy is right about the a-dex for pct. Get nolva and run it with the clomid.
    Have u considered hcg during the cycle it makes recovery a little easier....just a thought.
    I would do this

Wk1-8 100mg EOD
    Wk3-8 winny 40mg ED
    Wk 9-12 nova and clomid @ 100/100/50/50 and 40/40/20/20

IMO I wouldn't run prop for a first cycle anyway because of the EOD injections but that's your call.
    I would consider hcg @ 250ius twice a wk if u can get your hands on it...my opinion.

Good luck

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Always gone EOD and never had issues.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    EOD is fine, ED is unnecessary

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I go Ed, when I go eod I have worse back acne break outs. And it's less to inject each time, I'd rather inject .5ml Ed than 1ml eod

See I always thought EOD was standard for prop, but like I said one of my best friends is a pro BB and told me after the first 7-10 days I can shoot every third day. He also uses arimidex for PCT rather than nolva. Can anyone clarify why people on the forum are swearing by nolva, yet most of the pros I've talked to in my area all swear by arimidex? I mean absolutely no disrespect towards anyone here I'm just trying to compare the 2 schools of thought. In the mean time I will read more in-depth on both compounds, but I'm looking for a concise reason as opposed to a novel worth of information. BTW I've used Winny for 8 weeks before without side effects or joint pain and my liver values were ok. I did blood work before deciding on this cycle and everything was good.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    adex is ok for PCT,if your estrogen is high then it will inhibit recovery so keeping estro down is good. It will also stimulate LH production .Its probably best to use adex during the cycle to keep estrogen low and then use clomid and nolvadex for pct.Prop can be done ED,EOD with ED giving you the most consistant level.I believe your level will fluxuate some no matter what day you inject especially with the fast release compounds,your bodys metabolism changes constantly and it will effect how your body metabolizes everything you eat or inject. The only way to be sure of your levels would be doing blood test every day.
    Last edited by MR10X; 11-02-2011 at 02:03 PM.

matty_m is offline New Member
    Mate go every EOD, never every third day or there after. I remember when i was on prop i missed one injection because i ran out of syringes and the health centres were closed on holidays, and my blood sugar levels were ****ed!

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ground_pound View Post
    See I always thought EOD was standard for prop, but like I said one of my best friends is a pro BB and told me after the first 7-10 days I can shoot every third day. He also uses arimidex for PCT rather than nolva. Can anyone clarify why people on the forum are swearing by nolva, yet most of the pros I've talked to in my area all swear by arimidex? I mean absolutely no disrespect towards anyone here I'm just trying to compare the 2 schools of thought. In the mean time I will read more in-depth on both compounds, but I'm looking for a concise reason as opposed to a novel worth of information. BTW I've used Winny for 8 weeks before without side effects or joint pain and my liver values were ok. I did blood work before deciding on this cycle and everything was good.

Going every 3rd day will give you large fluctuations in blood hormone level, and those fluctuations is what promotes side effects. And with prop "being the most painful" (for some users, ive never had any pain other than a knot... ) why would you want to inject a larger amount at a time than smaller volumes but more frequently? Smaller injection volumes = smaller lumps at inj sites = less pain...
    8 weeks of winny is a long time for most people... if you are fine with it then more power to ya, but remember you were younger when you did that and things change with age..

as for armidex for pct, all it does is inhibit the negative feedback of estrogen by blocking production. Nolva/clomid actually bind to those sites on the hypothalamus/pit and they change how the pit reacts to GnRH, and on the hypo how it releases the GnRH.
    So by using adex, you depend on your normal bodys actions at those levels and after a cycle; who's to tell how your body downregulated the production of GnRH, and Adex does nothing for that.

The clomid/nolva is much better for PCT than armidex is.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do eod and 8 weeks of oral winny is way to long. I would cut it out completely if I was you.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I run prop ED or EOD, either will do fine.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    I shoot my prop runs at Mon - Wed - Fri

Ive had blood work done while dosing this way and levels stay steady.

I just think that its not the ester of the compound that dictates what the shooting schedule should be.

I believe you have to factor in the oil as well. And I know for damn sure that my oil lumps stay sitting in my muscle group longer then a day or 2.

So leads me to believe that the compound isnt completely broken down either.

As my blood level tests, correlate.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    From airmidex @steroid .com
    Id like to point out that the elevation in testosterone provided by Arimidex is so large that it can be used as a form of testosterone replacement therapy for hypogonadal men (2). This means that it would be of great use during post-cycle therapy (PCT) to regain natural testosterone levels and full functioning of the Hypothalamic-Testicular-Pituitary-Axis (HTPA).

Literature provided by the original maker of Anastrozole (Arimidex, produced by Zeneca Pharmaceuticals) states that stable blood plasma concentrations of the compound are achieved after a mere 7 consecutive 1mg daily doses. Also, Arimidex is just over 80% effective at inhibiting aromatase (3). Thus, if you want its full effect for the entire duration of your cycle, you can simply start taking it one week prior to cycling.

But can you use it for the entire duration of a cycle, and is it dangerous? Well, certainly reducing estrogen levels in your body is good from a bodybuilding perspective, as it reduces water-retention, and the potential for gynecomastia (5). Fortunately, Arimidex is very mild on blood lipids (cholesterol) and doesnt seem to affect them adversely (2). As previously mentioned, those lowered estrogen levels could although, its a stretch potentially adversely affect cholesterol and possibly even your immune function. However, I am very comfortable recommending Arimidex short-term use, i.e. throughout cycle and PCT. This should be the ancillary compound of choice for those on long and heavy cycles, especially since it also doesnt inhibit Insulin -like Growth Factor (IGF) (4), like some other ancillary compounds

Read more: http://www.steroid.com/Arimidex.php#ixzz1caYSpsK4

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    You are about to inject test prop and not sust.
    So e3d??? you want to let drop the test in your blood and than raise it again? it makes really no sense, you want to keep testosterone stable at the same level as much as possible.

EOD is fine even though I feel the difference injecting ED, a protocol that I prefer.

PS
    Winny for 8 weeks?
    Test prop at week 3?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Agreed that ED or EOD on the prop doesn't matter.

I'm sure many won't agree with me, but assuming you're in good health already, you can run winny for 8 weeks no problem (especially if you're only doing 40mg/ED). I've ran 8 week prop/winny before and had blood work done post cycle (like I do after every cycle) and was completely fine. Your cholesterol will rise, but it'll go down once you stop the oral.

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Agreed that ED or EOD on the prop doesn't matter.

I'm sure many won't agree with me, but assuming you're in good health already, you can run winny for 8 weeks no problem (especially if you're only doing 40mg/ED). I've ran 8 week prop/winny before and had blood work done post cycle (like I do after every cycle) and was completely fine. Your cholesterol will rise, but it'll go down once you stop the oral.
    Do you always have to beat me to the punch? haha..OP-I second D7M.

Thanks for the replies. The reason I am doing Prop for 6 weeks and not 8 is because my supplier is temporarily out, and like I mentioned I have never had problems with winny for 8 weeks.

Thread Information