Olly is offline New Member

Am I overtraining?

Ive just been reading and hearing so many conflicting opinions on this topic i would really like some of the forum vets to clear this up for me. So the general consensus (for most) seems to be that off cycle or natural aim for 12 sets per workout on the larger muscles and 8 on the smaller ones hitting each muscle once a week. But what about on the juice? Does the muscles ability to repair itself far quicker on cycle allow us to hit each muscle group much harder with many more sets and exercises or is this just a waste of time that will lead to overtraining and injury. This is my current cycle and workout:

Tren E: 400mg EW 1-12
    Test E: 500mg EW 1-14
    Dbol : 50mg ED 1-4
    Adex: 1mg EOD 1-4
    HCG : 500 IU EW 4-12
    ECA stack 1-12

Monday Lats:

Pullupsx4
    Bent over barbell rowsx4
    Bent over dumbell rowsx4
    T bar rowsx4
    Lat pulldownsx4

Tuesday Traps and Delts:

Military pressx4
    Dumbell shoulder pressx4
    Lateral raisesx4
    Upright rowsx4
    Deadliftsx4

Wednesday Chest:

Incline dumbell pressx4
    Flat bench pressx4
    Decline dumbell pressx4
    Incline dumbell flyesx3
    Flat dumbell flyesx3
    Cable crossoversx3

Thursday Legs:

Squatsx4
    Hack squatsx4
    Leg extensionsx4
    Hamstring curlsx4
    Calf raisesx5

Friday Arms:

Dipsx4
    French pressx4
    Skullcrushers supersetted with close grip barbell pressx4
    Barbell curlsx4
    Dumbell curls supersetted with hammer curlsx4
    Preacher curlsx4

Weekend Rest

I aim for around 8 reps per set with a three second negative on each, every set is to failiure.

Is this too much? i often find the target muscle i have worked is sometimes in a fair bit of pain post workout (especially lower back on mon and tues), but the next morning i always feel fine so i sort of attribute it to part of the process. Anyway i would be really keen to hear your opinion on this and any editing of this training regime that you would advise.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    I like ur routine, I train really hard / excessive also, I've been told by many that I'm over training, but my body was built 4 punishment & just seems 2 handle my routine very well, I continue 2 mak steady, substantial gains. It's been my experience that "over training" is different 4 every1. R u getting good / regular gains from this routine?
    Last edited by The Bear 79; 12-07-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Yeah the gains are great. If i have to be honest i actually LOVE this routine, i feel like im putting my body through hell sometimes but its all worth it for the feeling i get when i finish that last set :P

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Yeah the gains are great. If i have to be honest i actually LOVE this routine, i feel like im putting my body through hell sometimes but its all worth it for the feeling i get when i finish that last set :P
    Well, every1 has their own threshold. The signs I look 4 when I wonder if I'm over training r, constant soreness, (always sore, never seem 2 recover due 2 training that muscle too frequently) gains slowed or stopped (cuz ur body isn't getting enuf recovery time)

I just noticed ur only 22. Hav done any research on the Endocrine & HPTA?

Todd the truth is offline Associate Member
    I've been looking to mix it up, i think that i am gonna steal your routine for a week and see how it works for me.
    thanks.

not sure what your getting at Bear, i stopped growing a while ago and im running HCG at 500iu per week throughout my cycle. Would you care to elaborate or send me the appropriate links?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    You could be overtraining. For me 5 days straight would be too much. You need to add some rest in your split somwhere.

not sure what your getting at Bear, i stopped growing a while ago and im running HCG at 500iu per week throughout my cycle. Would you care to elaborate or send me the appropriate links?
    U may or may not b done growing, only an Endo. can tell u. But even if u r done growing, it doesn't mean ur HPTA is fully developed, ther is still significantly greater risk of doing potentially irreversible damage 2 ur hormone system.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...8Great-Read%29...................http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g-and-Steroids

The Bishop is offline Banned
    Curious how Much sleep your getting on average?

Chemical engineer is offline New Member
    I am a big believer in 3 to 4 sets per muscle/group per workout. Once you tear the muscle down it has to repair. Rest is just as important as training. Thats when they grow. On AAS, same philosphy but move up in weight faster with more cardio. Thats just my opinion, I could be wrong- Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical engineer View Post
    I am a big believer in 3 to 4 sets per muscle/group per workout. Once you tear the muscle down it has to repair. Rest is just as important as training. Thats when they grow. On AAS, same philosphy but move up in weight faster with more cardio. Thats just my opinion, I could be wrong- Dennis Miller
    "I could be RIGHT" not wrong.............I loved his show.

Thread Information