Thread: Foerarms ?

jamesz123 is offline Associate Member

Foerarms ?

No matter what intensity principle I used I rarely get sour in my forearms. I train them ones a week.
    The only times I get a little sour is when I do max deadlifts or certain types of bicep lifts.
    My forearms could be a lot bigger. Should I train them more than ones a week ?

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesz123 View Post
    No matter what intensity principle I used I rarely get sour in my forearms. I train them ones a week.
    The only times I get a little sour is when I do max deadlifts or certain types of bicep lifts.
    My forearms could be a lot bigger. Should I train them more than ones a week ?
    I train 4arms 2wice a wk, & I do 4 different exercises 2 hit them from all sides. Works 4 me.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Buy an Ivanko super gripper.

rippedfromabove is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79
    I train 4arms 2wice a wk, & I do 4 different exercises 2 hit them from all sides. Works 4 me.
    Can you please share what you do for your forearms?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    So I assume that you work the 4arms more than the other body parts ? and that works for you. ok thx
    Buy an Ivanko super gripper. - I just looked at that. Grip strength does not necessarily translate into overall 4arms growth but that device looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by rippedfromabove View Post
    4arms curls both ways. rest pause for a couple of sets (like 4). than descending 9immediatly after the last set). Than 2- 3 more sets. I than stand up and hold the bar behind my back and curl it. Do that until it burns and than rest pause for a couple more. i know that seems like excessive but I do them on a separate day and I tried all else and nothing seems to work ,. over the years they have become bigger but I believe it is due to overall weight lifting 9gripping bars) and lots of sessions like the one I mentioned. but it always amazes me that i rarely get sour in the forearms while i get mad sour in the rest of my body by doing half as much.

Quote Originally Posted by rippedfromabove View Post
    With dumbells, 4arm rested on knee, palm facing up, curl wrist up as far as u can & bak down as far as u can, repeat till failure. Same movement, with palm facing down, go til failure. Same movement, with palm facing inward, go til failure. And then there's the "yoyo" I'm sure thats not wut its called, but that's wut I call it. I'm sure you've all seen the stick with the rope tied 2 it & a weight on the other end................I crank that thing up & down til failure also. 4 sets of all 4 exercises, 2wice a wk.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    I never work my forearms but mine are decent size. Probably should start.

mirin_serratus is offline Associate Member
    forearm curls are the biggest waste of time ever, seriously (this is actually what coleman said)
    if your deadlift is heavy enough you will get big forearms, do double overhand and pause at the top

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79
    With dumbells, 4arm rested on knee, palm facing up, curl wrist up as far as u can & bak down as far as u can, repeat till failure. Same movement, with palm facing down, go til failure. Same movement, with palm facing inward, go til failure. And then there's the "yoyo" I'm sure thats not wut its called, but that's wut I call it. I'm sure you've all seen the stick with the rope tied 2 it & a weight on the other end................I crank that thing up & down til failure also. 4 sets of all 4 exercises, 2wice a wk.
    Nice. Ill try that.

Quote Originally Posted by mirin_serratus View Post
    forearm curls are the biggest waste of time ever, seriously (this is actually what coleman said)
    if your deadlift is heavy enough you will get big forearms, do double overhand and pause at the top
    OK, so just cuz u parrot something a famous body builder sed, doesn't mean its true, the truth is in the results, a couple yrs ago, I decided I wasn't satisfied with the size / growth of my 4arms, so I started doin the exercises I listed above, & now my 4arms r AT LEAST, 2wice the size & strength they were.

Bodybuilders' advice doesnt always apply to the average person. With their genetics, they will make gains looking at their gym's website.. You cant really do what they do..

Gi812Many is offline Member
    If you speak with the majority of body builders, they will tell you the do not train forearms at all. A lot of your strength athletes do where forearm grip is important. I have great growth in my forearms just from my arm and back days. I actually blow them out it feels on my back days. I trained when I was younger with both normal grip and reverse grip forearm curls for a long period of time (cant remember how long it was, atleast a year I believe) had the opportunity to train with a guy by the name of Teddy Brown, trained alot of guys on the Dallas, Cowboys and some semi pro body builders. Was the first person to tell me to stop training them, im over working them with all the other exercises. Its when I really saw my growth in my forearms. But, that was just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mirin_serratus View Post
    makes a lot of sense actually. As I said the only time I get any decent sourness in my forearms is when I deadlift ...cool.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The weight attached to the rope and u twist it up. Works awesome. That was a wsm (worlds strongest man) event many years ago

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    no need to.recipe for tendonitis.your forearms get worked with everything else.there 1 of my better attributes and i never work them
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    I never work my forearms but mine are decent size. Probably should start.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    my forearms explode with results when I do reverse curls. problem is, the tendons are injury prone, and take months to heal.

Only do arms 1x a week and allow sufficient rest for best results.

Thread Information