Blaz Kavlic is offline Associate Member

How important is pre and post cycle bloodwork?

I posted this in the bloodwork section too but figured i'd probably get more responses by posting here. Hope its allowed!

How important is bloodwork? I am just about to start my cycle but i'm not keen on getting underway until I get bloodwork done. I've been to 3 different doctor clinics and have been turned down by them all, with the docs saying they didnt want to get involved or that it conflicts with the ethics of the profession to assist with illegal activities. I replied that I was going to cycle anyways, so it would be nice if they could help me get some tests done so I have a baseline to make a comparison with post-cycle . One doc even started asking me where I was getting it from which I thought was just plain nosey. Should I go in and just spin a yarn about feeling drained all the time and having a horribly low libido and my girlfriend is complaining that i'm not putting out?

I always prefer to be straight up about things, but it seems in this case that my honesty is not helping one bit.

If any Aussie members can share some ideas on what to do here, that would be a massive help.

Cheers
    BK

Userat204 is offline Associate Member
    I don't know where you live but it's a bad idea to tell docs you are using AAS. That stays on record and can later hurt your chances for health and life insurance. In the U S, in most states, you can just order labs online without a doc.

These are very important. Pre you want a baseline so you can judge recovery after, and to make sure you are healthy enough for a cycle.

Post, you are looking to see if you have recovered, and if not, you will be able to decide if more time, serms, hcg are needed and why.

The one people always leave out is during the cycle. This is very important. Without it, you have no way of knowing what each compound is doing to you. If you stay consistent with bloods, you can pretty much figure out what's works well for you and at what doses to maintain health while on cycle.

But it's also important to check estro, prolactin, SHBG, etc. So many people just use an ai or caber and just go by the average doses. That usually works but why not get some blood drawn and see exactly what's going on. An AI is important but many people use to much and I prefer not to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Userat204 View Post
    I don't know where you live but it's a bad idea to tell docs you are using AAS. That stays on record and can later hurt your chances for health and life insurance. In the U S, in most states, you can just order labs online without a doc.
    I live in Australia. I told the doc I saw today what is was for, but before I said anything I asked for assurance that the discussion we were about to have was to be confidential. He assured me it was, and that information cannot be released from the clinic without my written consent. He treated for me another problem at the same time anyways so there was no need for any notes to be taken. The other docs I saw I didnt tell them what the requested tests were for, but they knew. One did guess it correct and said that if the reason I needed these tests done was for AAS, he couldnt be of assistance.

What's the go with these online labs? Do you draw your own blood and send it off to them or something?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, the online labs you just choose one closest to you, you choose the test you want to take online and pay for it and set up an apointment. You go into the lab and they draw your blood. In my case it was the same lab I use for my Endo so it's not some hole in a wall, it's the same labs everyone uses. Then in 1 or 2 weeks they send you an email your results are ready and you can view them online in pdf format and save it as you wish.

I think it's good to have them done before cycle so you know your baseline, your normal levels and during so you know if anything is out of whack besides high test. Like in my case I didnt think I needed an AI. I had not side effects except not the gains I expected. My test showed I had HIGH HIGH e2 and my free test was only 1/2 or less of what it should have been. It was still above the normal high range but not what it should have been.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The online labs simply allow you to dictate what tests you want without the ass hole elitist pricks known as doctors playing daddy to you and deciding if you should be allowed to have the tests done. The tests that you want then have orders written for them by the online test site that are the same as the ones you would get from you doctor. You take these to standard lab test companies and then they forward the results back to the online pharmacy.

Sadly after doing a quick search for AU it appears that your communist bureaucrats have locked down the ability of online pharmacies to operate in AU.

Hopefully I am wrong and someone will correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    The online labs simply allow you to dictate what tests you want without the ass hole elitist pricks known as doctors playing daddy to you and deciding if you should be allowed to have the tests done. The tests that you want then have orders written for them by the online test site that are the same as the ones you would get from you doctor. You take these to standard lab test companies and then they forward the results back to the online pharmacy.

Sadly after doing a quick search for AU it appears that your communist bureaucrats have locked down the ability of online pharmacies to operate in AU.

That's another way to put it. LOL
    Damn, that would suck if you cant even do that yourself. I'm sure we (the US) are not far behind them. I wouldn't be surprised if since we do not get the blood work done through our PC doctor they (government) has free access to our reports? I'm not sure about the legality of that one. All I know is it seems what they can and cant do/access the line gets more blurred all the time. BTW I dont trust any doctor with this information be it confidential or not. It seems these things are only confidential until someone decides they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post

We have what's called pathology clinics in Oz but they generally require a script from the GP before they do anything with your blood. I took a print out to my regular doc showing some tests I wanted run and he just laughed it off, saying I didnt need this and that. I didnt disclose why I wanted them, but he wasnt much help. Its becoming a bit of pain actually 'cause i'm roaring to go except I dont have this bloodwork done.

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaz Kavlic View Post
    I live in Australia. I told the doc I saw today what is was for, but before I said anything I asked for assurance that the discussion we were about to have was to be confidential. He assured me it was, and that information cannot be released from the clinic without my written consent. He treated for me another problem at the same time anyways so there was no need for any notes to be taken. The other docs I saw I didnt tell them what the requested tests were for, but they knew. One did guess it correct and said that if the reason I needed these tests done was for AAS, he couldnt be of assistance.

What's the go with these online labs? Do you draw your own blood and send it off to them or something?
    What a fvcking douche bag!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaz Kavlic View Post
    We have what's called pathology clinics in Oz but they generally require a script from the GP before they do anything with your blood. I took a print out to my regular doc showing some tests I wanted run and he just laughed it off, saying I didnt need this and that. I didnt disclose why I wanted them, but he wasnt much help. Its becoming a bit of pain actually 'cause i'm roaring to go except I dont have this bloodwork done.
    HA!! I had a Doc say the same thing. "Why would you want to test for progestorone, prolactin and SHBG? What would you do if they were too high or low?" What a dumb ass!! My Avatar is me at 46 years old and 255 lbs. WAKE UP DUDE!! Lol!! Same guy told me I needed to drop 50 pounds because I was borderline morbidly obese!! This wasn't over the phone either, I was sitting across the desk from him!! I guess Doctors are like everthing else, there's good ones, bad ones and some are just plain scary-stupid!! Good luck man.

BTW, I just have my vet draw my blood and give her a list of things to have tested and she charges me 6 dollars!!! Three days later I get the results back.

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaz Kavlic

Where r u in aus! I know of a few docs in syd that can help you out?

Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post

HA!! I had a Doc say the same thing. "Why would you want to test for progestorone, prolactin and SHBG? What would you do if they were too high or low?" What a dumb ass!! My Avatar is me at 46 years old and 255 lbs. WAKE UP DUDE!! Lol!! Same guy told me I needed to drop 50 pounds because I was borderline morbidly obese!! This wasn't over the phone either, I was sitting across the desk from him!! I guess Doctors are like everthing else, there's good ones, bad ones and some are just plain scary-stupid!! Good luck man.

BTW, I just have my vet draw my blood and give her a list of things to have tested and she charges me 6 dollars!!! Three days later I get the results back.
    Your vet? Thats a sweet arrangement bro. And the price is right.

The doc I saw today was a cool guy, but he just didnt want to be a part of it. My regular doc is an alright bloke too but a bit older and more naive I think and there's a very dismissive character in him. All of them have made it sound like i'm gonna die if I take AAS and preached about how its riskier than barebacking in a sub-Saharan brothel. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by dooie View Post
    Where r u in aus! I know of a few docs in syd that can help you out?
    That would've been cool bro, but i'm in Queensland. Thanks anyways.

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Yea, you've got to love Thailand. Where there's a will, there's a way....and cheap too!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post

What a bunch of BS. I had a doctor say I was gaining to much weight a while back. I said yes, I'm trying to. It's called lean muscle, not fat, you should look it up in your books. I left and didnt go back.

A doctor told a friend of mine her son who was 5 was nearly obese due to his weight. You could see the kids ribs. OMG he is a skinny little twig, he was just tall and heavier for his age because his dad is tall. WTF do these guys think? Dont they use their eyes? Only the charts????

I had another doctor comment on my weight one time and asked if I was was worried about my weight although it wasnt BAD but should be around 150.. ??? NOT. I said no, I want to gain another 10 lbs in the next year. He said why? I took of my shirt and he just said OK I understand. Much better.

felk87 is offline Banned
    Bro this is all so retarded...no offense but who ever said telling your doc about aas is a bad idea bc it stays in your record and can hurt you later lmao...bro by law doctors around the world cant discuss a thing about a consultation, the only way they would be able to disclose anything with out your consent is if you are or will hurt some one...also they cant tell the authorities but they can only tell the person you intend to hurt...otherwise they are risking loosing their medical license. On the other hand why do you need to tell your doc your getting blood test for aas, just yell them you want a lipid, and test/estrogen level test. You dont need to explain why. And yes its important as you will see if you are ready for aas, as well as you will know what your levels are after aas.

Quote Originally Posted by felk87 View Post
    Bro this is all so retarded...no offense but who ever said telling your doc about aas is a bad idea bc it stays in your record and can hurt you later lmao...bro by law doctors around the world cant discuss a thing about a consultation, the only way they would be able to disclose anything with out your consent is if you are or will hurt some one...also they cant tell the authorities but they can only tell the person you intend to hurt...otherwise they are risking loosing their medical license. On the other hand why do you need to tell your doc your getting blood test for aas, just yell them you want a lipid, and test/estrogen level test. You dont need to explain why. And yes its important as you will see if you are ready for aas, as well as you will know what your levels are after aas.
    You're off base with that. It is true that doctors cannot release your medical records to a third party without your consent, but to say it can't come back to hurt you is not accurate.

Every time you apply for a health or life insurance policy you MUST consent to release your medical records to the underwriter of the company affording coverage. What do you think your chances are of being approved for a health or life insurance policy with a long medical history of AAS use and hormone issues?

Yes but the problem is a lot of doctors who have no, little or misinformation may think they person will hurt themselves since we all know about roid rage and all the numerous people die form steroids .

felk87 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman

You're off base with that. It is true that doctors cannot release your medical records to a third party without your consent, but to say it can't come back to hurt you is not accurate.

Every time you apply for a health or life insurance policy you MUST consent to release your medical records to the underwriter of the company affording coverage. What do you think your chances are of being approved for a health or life insurance policy with a long medical history of AAS use and hormone issues?
    So i guess your saying trt patients are out if luck then?? No dude a doctor doesnt put patietlnt is currently doing steroid , if its not a procedure done bu them, or a prescription done by them it has no place.in your record. So your wrong, i literally just had this talk with my doctor last thursay. All they can do is advise you, nothing else no point in arguing go to your doc and ask him.

felk87 is offline Banned
    Foookckck droid spelling.

felk87 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yes but the problem is a lot of doctors who have no, little or misinformation may think they person will hurt themselves since we all know about roid rage and all the numerous people die form steroids .
    ro amazingly enough my doctor is cool, he said what the media presents for aas is completely out of context, that aas can actually better a persons life if they are not abused, he understood we are all not genetically gifted and hit our peek, and by modifying our bodies can bring a sense of accomplishment and make us feel better and live a healthier and make better life style choices. he said aas can actually make a person healthier because of the way they train, eat, and sleep aid the body to better mental status, like less depression. he also said that aas are addictive because just that it makes us feel so good, in all way that un-educated people continue to take them and abuse them and that's when bad things happen, he said if aas were as bad as the media makes them out to be, they would not be FDA approved to be prescribed in certain cases. yeah my doc is the man. after all this i jokingly asked him for a scrip, but he's to smart and just said i didn't need it.

So i guess your saying trt patients are out if luck then?? No dude a doctor doesnt put patietlnt is currently doing steroid, if its not a procedure done bu them, or a prescription done by them it has no place.in your record. So your wrong, i literally just had this talk with my doctor last thursay. All they can do is advise you, nothing else no point in arguing go to your doc and ask him.
    I'm not going to argue a point that I know to be fact. If your doctor decides to not document your AAS use, bloodwork, and hormone issues in your medical record that's great, but doctors like that are few and far between. Most of the time the information that you give your doctor, every time you have an appointment, your blood work results, and any medication you're prescribed will all be part of your medical records. These are what insurance companies review when you apply for health insurance, life insurance, or even a disability policy.

Many people who are insured through their employer, don't have to go through such scrutiny of their medical records, but people like me who are small business owners that have to use private insurance, have every last detail of their medical record scrutinized.

And yes, TRT patients are out of luck. Private insurance would simply refuse coverage or exclude any type of hormonal issues from the policy.

felk87 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman

I'm not going to argue a point that I know to be fact. If your doctor decides to not document your AAS use, bloodwork, and hormone issues in your medical record that's great, but doctors like that are few and far between. Most of the time the information that you give your doctor, every time you have an appointment, your blood work results, and any medication you're prescribed will all be part of your medical records. These are what insurance companies review when you apply for health insurance, life insurance, or even a disability policy.

Many people who are insured through their employer, don't have to go through such scrutiny of their medical records, but people like me who are small business owners that have to use private insurance, have every last detail of their medical record scrutinized.

And yes, TRT patients are out of luck. Private insurance would simply refuse coverage or exclude any type of hormonal issues from the policy.
    Didnt know that man...like i said from my experience they didnt need to document everything if they didnt treat you for it...but you learn something new everyday, i guess my doc is just one of the few.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    When a doctor asks you why you want to review the information in your bloodwork pertinent to doing AAS's, the best approach would to be explain that you wish to use legal, over-the-counter supplements that increase the natural production of testosterone , and that you're simply very particular and interested in your body's different chemical levels and have a strong desire to monitor these. Most doctors have very little knowledge of the full spectrum of medicinal arts regarding anabolic steroids because, obviously, it does not come into play with the typical health concerns of the average patient. Because of this, there is a natural level of fear and apprehension for doctors who are asked to lend advice or relay information in this realm. If you create an environment for your doctor that revolves around legal supplements, they should have no reservations about helping you, and shouldn't be viewed any differently than an athlete trying to avoid diabetes by experimenting with their glycogen levels.
    Last edited by BBrian; 01-23-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBrian View Post
    When a doctor asks you why you want to review the information in your bloodwork pertinent to doing AAS's, the best approach would to be explain that you wish to use legal, over-the-counter supplements that increase the natural production of testosterone, and that you're simply very particular and interested in your body's different chemical levels and have a strong desire to monitor these. Most doctors have very little knowledge of the full spectrum of medicinal arts regarding anabolic steroids because, obviously, it does not come into play with the typical health concerns of the average patient. Because of this, there is a natural level of fear and apprehension for doctors who are asked to lend advice or relay information in this realm. If you create an environment for your doctor that revolves around legal supplements, they should have no reservations about helping you, and shouldn't be viewed any differently than an athlete trying to avoid diabetes by experimenting with their glycogen levels.
    Good post. I dont think the doc I saw yesterday really knew too much about AAS other than the stereotypical negative impacts that are exaggerated by the media and anti-AAS advocates. I'm going to try another clinic this week.

Didnt know that man...like i said from my experience they didnt need to document everything if they didnt treat you for it...but you learn something new everyday, i guess my doc is just one of the few.
    There are exceptions to every rule but also the rules are constantly changing. What is patient client confidential but if that is so then why do you see so many doctors on the stands testifying in court? All it takes is the right paperwork to get all the records and then it's public more or less. Also you never know where you might be in 5, 10, 15 years and what you may have to release to get a certain job. Maybe you will need a classified clearance or top secret, then all your records are in your employers hands. Dont think it cant happen.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    healthcheck.usa

they try to sell you packages but you can bend there arm a little and make them single out tests. i like some of the packages though pricey some of em but alota bang fot your buck. like i just had one done and lipids and homocystein werent bad but crp was ridiculous

Thread Information