Melb82 is offline New Member

Brain Stroke - from Deca/ Sust cycle

Hi guys,

I am going to see my doctor soon enough regarding my scary experience last night.

Basically I got very dizzy and sight got blurry, luckily I had a bottle of water next to me and had a big sip at that stage, then I had no control over myself for 10 seconds and was just banging my head like a rocker, soon after I was concious again (feeling feverish sick though) then went straight to be and woke up the today just fine. When I looked up my experience on-line it is called Transient ischemic attack (TIA), basically a mini brain stroke.

I am 29 years old and very fit, 6"2 (188 cms), and was 95KG pre-cycle.
    I have been working out for the past 10 years pretty much on an off, with serious training for the past 18 months.

On the 15th January I started my first cycle, Deca 100mg/wk (1 ampule) and sustanon 250mg/wk (also 1 ampule of sust 250)
    On Sunday, I bumped it up to Deca 200mg and sustanon 250mg and the next day (Monday) was when I got the stroke.

My plan is to run the cycle for 12 weeks total, slowly bumping up my doses until I am at 300mg/week of deca and 500mg/wk of sustanon by week 7 or so. which is still pretty mild and suitable for a steroid novice, especially with a big frame and good hight (from what I have researched)

*I am also taking 0.5mg of liquidex eod.
    *I started bloating badly the last 2 days and I'm only upto my third injection, with noticeable gains on my arm and traps, and gut as well unfortunately.
    *I am eating well, 7 meals a day, high in protein and carbs.
    *Have clomid and Nolva for post cycle and aware of when and how to start pct

So now I have provided a good insight on what my cycle is and what my goal and features are. My question is has anyone ever experience a TIA (minor stroke) with steroids before? Should I stop immediately?

I am going to see my doctor next Monday but was wondering if this is common amongst steroid users or if anyone has ever experienced it, cuz I jsut researched ITA and it says it comes from high blood pressure (which I never suffered from and I used to get checked every 6 months), the site also said that steroid abuse is one of the things that lead to ITA, but surely 200mg deca/ week and 250 sustanon/ week is not abuse!

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Mark5 is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't be so quick to self-diagnose yourself with a TIA. Your experience could also be indicative of a seizure, of which there are many types. Id also be suspicious of something other than TIA since you said high blood pressure is not common for you. Make sure you tell your doctor all your symptoms so he can properly diagnose you.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    This is why you shouldn't play WEBMD. You don't know if you had a stroke or not. You also don't know if your gear caused that stroke. Here is some really sound advice, if you think you might have had a stroke (even a mini stroke) go to the fvcking hospital immediately. The sooner, the better.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Yeah, I look forward to seeing if your doctor agrees with the internet. Still, it sounds scary.

I am sure the doctor will recommend this, but check blood pressure and have blood work done to see what is going on with platelets. AAS use can cause red blood cells and platelets to increase. High platelets can lead to clots. Clots can lead to stroke. Still, that is assuming your episode was stroke. I assume it is very rare, and the odds are just as likely that your health scare is unrelated to your cycle.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    This is why you shouldn't play WEBMD. You don't know if you had a stroke or not. You also don't know if your gear caused that stroke. Here is some really sound advice, if you think you might have had a stroke (even a mini stroke) go to the fvcking hospital immediately. The sooner, the better.
    Exactly. And this sounds more like a seizure, anyway.
    OP, you should go to the ER now to get your brain scanned and see what the issue is.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 01-31-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Im pretty sure i would have gone to the hospital immediately. I agree with Bonaparte in it sounding like a seizure. With something as serious as this i wouldnt trust a self diagnosis

mnt51 is offline New Member
    I would go and checked by your doctor sooner. Your symptoms sound more like a seizure than a TIA. Most TIAs are caused by a blood clot or embolus that dissolves on its own.

Melb82 is offline New Member
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies, I just came back from the doctor my blood pressure is normal, he is convinced that i simply fainted because of fatigue, obviously he doesn't know I am on gear and I personally think it might be just a faint and the head banging was my body trying to get out of the faint if that makes any sense! Because my doctor is a very well known one and he said seizures and TIA happen mainly to old senior people, and if it does happen to anyone you dont just wake up normal the next day!

but I still strongly believe its related to the gear cuz my body has been going through changes for the first time in my life I actually look like a guy that goes heavy at the gym and its only week 3. On Monday I'm gonna go to the lab to check my sugar cholesterol and so on just to be on the safe side.

Cheers

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Glad to hear it isn't as serious as you thought. Also glad to hear your BP is good. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Let us know what else happens.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    My ex wife had several TIA. Doesnt sound like you had one to me either because you did not have many of the other tell tail signs that go along with it and BTW she was 40, not exactly old. I know someone else who had them as a child so it's not exactly an old persons thing either.

BTW if they wanted to test you to see if you did you need a Ct Scan with contrast. Without contrast it does not good.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 02-01-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Thread Information