Sfdan is offline New Member

Question Review My First Cycle - 8 Weeks or 12 Weeks?

I’m preparing for my first cycle, which I’m looking to begin in 4 weeks or so. My current stats are 38, 5’10, 170, about 15% BF. I’m going to be on a calorie deficit until then, and will start after I deload.

I’ve done my fair share of reading, and have the gear for the following plan:

Weeks 1-12 test 500ml (250 Monday morning; 250 Thursday evening)
    Weeks 1-14 HCG 500ui (250 Sunday; 250 Wednesday)
    Weeks 1-14 Nolvadex 10mg/Everyday
    Weeks 1-14 Arimidex .5mg/Every-other-day
    Weeks 14-16 Nolvadex 50/50/25/25 everyday
    Weeks 14-16 Clomid 100/100/50/50 Everyday

My questions for this thread are:

1. How does the above look as far as doses, timing, etc.?
    2. If I decide to shorten the cycle to 8 weeks, will that change anything? For example, I believe it was mentioned that HCG is not necessary for cycles less than 6 weeks…
    3. Is there anything I’m missing here?

As far as diet goes, I may start another thread in the appropriate section. However, I’ll mention that it’s fairly clean (not perfect though). Assuming my daily maintenance is around 2500 calories, I’ll be shooting for 2000 leading up to the start date, and then plan on ramping it up to between 3500 and 4000 calories. Macros being 40/40/20.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    I don't see what test ester you are using, I assume C or E? Either one won't kick in for 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't ramp up your calories too much beyond maintenance until week three or four.

Good dose for first cycle.

If you cut the cycle to 8 weeks you will be limiting your gains. I wouldn't do less then 12.

I think your pct is too short. Add a couple more weeks of nolvadex IMO. HCG would be important also at your age. Recovery will be more difficult.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    At your age I bet you would get very good results running an initial dose at half of what you are proposing.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    First thing I noticed is you're a bit underweight for your height, at 5'-10", I'd try to hit 185+ before cycling, without a good foundation, you're not likely to keep any of your gains, & in fact, you may actually end up smaller than you were when you started. Other than that, I agree with Bossman, your PCT should at least 4 weeks, & I would stop the HCG before PCT.

Sfdan is offline New Member
    It's Galenika test e.

I'll add a couple more weeks to the PCT (good thing I always order extra!).

With respect to my size, I know. I've been putting this off for a while, trying to put on the extra muscle. Though if I was 185 and under 15% BF, I'd probably not cycle at all. Hopefully, I have enough of a base, and do the right things to keep a good portion of my gains. I have a small frame, so I'd be perfectly happy if I eventually get to 175-180 at 10% BF.

Bigjerdog is offline Associate Member
    My only suggestion would be to do more research on the Nolvadex and Arimidex . I dont think you need it that often. Good that you have it on hand but if your diet is in check your sides may be minimal. I would switch that to "as needed" Also... yes stick to 12 weeks, extend PCT to 4 weeks.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    I would only run the nolva for pct and not during the cycle. do run the adex .25 eod. If sides appear raise the .5 eod or ed.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    At your age I bet you would get very good results running an initial dose at half of what you are proposing.
    is it usually true? that older folks need less juice?

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10nispro
    I would only run the nolva for pct and not during the cycle. do run the adex .25 eod. If sides appear raise the .5 eod or ed.
    ^^^^^agree

Thread Information