Scabtree is offline Associate Member

To Bulk or to Cut

Good-day;

Looking for some info on my very first cycle. The issue I am facing is to start with a bulking cycle or a cutting cycle... here are my stats:

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 220

BMR: 2101.2
    TDEE: 3624

The BMR and TDEE are just calculated from various internet sites; so I took the average of all of them.

I was thinking a bulking cycle would be best since more muscle would burn more calories; but then I could stand to initially loose some fat with a cut cycle. Any info you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

DanB is offline Banned
    what is your current bodyfat?

My bodyfat would be around 21.5% - 22.8% ... according to some a myriad of internet calculators; so I'm not sure how precise that is...

DanB is offline Banned
    not precise at all but i highly doubt it is sub 15%

cut down to 12-15% then bulk

if you bulk now then cut, you will lose some of the lbm that you put on when cutting making the bulk pointless

not to mention that more fat equals more work

cut now, get bodyfat down to manageable level then its simply a case of maintaining it with diet and cardio

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    not precise at all but i highly doubt it is sub 15%

cut down to 12-15% then bulk

if you bulk now then cut, you will lose some of the lbm that you put on when cutting making the bulk pointless

not to mention that more fat equals more work

cut now, get bodyfat down to manageable level then its simply a case of maintaining it with diet and cardio
    everything you said and more. BF% to high, estrodiol sides will be to much with that high bf

Thanks guys; appreciate the info. For a cutting cycle, would you base it around Test? Or could you provide a strong cutting cycle example (with PCT) if you feel inclined to type it out. Great info, thanks again.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Test is the base of all good cycles.Being your 1st cycle thats all you should use.

I think for now my plan is to cut 15 to 17 pounds naturally, and then start a bulking cycle. I compiled a cycle here, and any advice about it would be appreciated big time:

http://s16.postimage.org/ijg9i86th/Cycle1.png

Thanks for your time; I'm quite concerned about Deca Dick... but do you think the provi and TEST E would counter act that? Any other suggestions to improve this would be great.

jpowell is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scabtree View Post
    I think for now my plan is to cut 15 to 17 pounds naturally, and then start a bulking cycle. I compiled a cycle here, and any advice about it would be appreciated big time:

Thanks for your time; I'm quite concerned about Deca Dick... but do you think the provi and TEST E would counter act that? Any other suggestions to improve this would be great.
    kinda confused. you said cut naturally, but i see sups to bulk?

JonnyConcrete is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scabtree View Post

Yes! Cut down to sub 15% BF naturally first then do a test only cycle. No need for deca on your first cycle.

Ok, so drop the Deca and the rest of the cycle looks good? Is Deca not suggested because it doesn't mix well with TEST, or is there something else?

thanks for your comments by the way...

IRISH87 is offline New Member
    if you were taking more than 2 compounds and had bad sides or a reaction, you wouldnt know which compound was causing it. start with 1 compound and then add
    another in your next cycle if you want to.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH87 View Post
    if you were taking more than 2 compounds and had bad sides or a reaction, you wouldnt know which compound was causing it. start with 1 compound and then add
    another in your next cycle if you want to.
    ^^^^^^

correct, i agree

Thread Information