meatball2011 is offline Junior Member

Anavar 25 mg tabs QUESTION !!!

Hi all,

I'm cutting weight for a boxing match I have in little over a month. Not looking for negative replies. Just honest help from other athletes.

NO, they are not testing me. I have a few tune-up exhibitions before I have a drug tested pro fight. So, I decided to use anavar to help me keep strength during my cut and since I'm not tested, I'm going to be ON during my fight. (I returned to boxing recently) I'm not looking for size or added muscle or bodybuilding, I'M A BOXER.

Background: I'm almost 34 years old. I've done a few cycles before. Played college football, boxer, blah blah, I'm an athlete. (lifting since age 12, boxing since age 5) I weigh 215 lbs. (cut down from 246 lbs already, naturally in 3 months) But....

...I am having trouble cutting ALL the belly fat off my stomach and waist at this age. I need to drop about 20 lbs to make weight for my fight. My diet is PERFECT and I'm currently running CLEN (I'm 2 days in & I'm doing 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off cycle). I just picked up 2 bottles of 25mg ANAVAR (100 tabs per bottle) & I'm going to add it to my CLEN cycle.

My question is: Should I just start with 50mg and run it all the way through 8 weeks? Or, should I start with 25 mg and then taper up? I've never taken Anavar before.

It's debated if you need nolva, but I picked up a bottle of it and plan on running it PCT. input would be nice.

I'm on 2-3 tbls of flax and 4 g's of fish oil, 2 freshly squeezed lemons daily in my water and cranberry juice, so I'm not going to run any extra supps while on Anavar for cholesterol, liver protection, etc. Never had probs with that anyway on heavier ASS. I'm not prone to hair loss either.

Thanks for the help and suggestions,

MEATBALL

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would just run 50 ed. I actually would not run less then 60 mg if I was running var. put since you have 25 mg pills i would run 75 mg. but you can start at 50 and see if you are getting what your looking for.

also head over to the diet section and reads some threads. I always learn something new everytime I am over there. that little belly fat will disappear with a proper/strict diet

Gear,
    Yea, ok, excellent advice. My diet is perfect, I used to manage Gold's gym here in Cali and train pro bodybuilders. I think I'm having trouble dropping the last bit cause I'm OLD. lol. Never had this prob before. I'm a super EASY gainer, and it's hard for me to cut all the way down even when my diet is so strict. Thanks very much. I'll try 50 mg from day 1 and see how it goes. I will check out the diet section anyway, but I know it all. Thanks brutha.

Nice picture on your avatar. Wish I had loot to buy one....lol

meatball

repped
    Last edited by meatball2011; 03-20-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Gear,

I have done research and I've seen to take Anavar with Grapefruit juice. This isn't on my diet plan. Too many carbs/sugars.

There is also conflicting opinions on whether to take it with food or on an empty stomach. I always thought you take orals with fats, like flax oil.

Input would be great... I was just going to take it with a protein shake mixed with 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Empty stomach for 17aa orals. But if it upsets your stomach, food won't make much difference.

V-ROID is offline Member
    Not having trouble losing belly fat because you are old. That is a ridiculous myth that I believed until I was in early 40's. Your perfect diet is not perfect. As stated above, post your exact diet and prepare to be amazed as your belly melts away. At least give it a try before you cardio yourself to death...

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAN-O-ROID View Post
    Not having trouble losing belly fat because you are old. That is a ridiculous myth that I believed until I was in early 40's. Your perfect diet is not perfect. As stated above, post your exact diet and prepare to be amazed as your belly melts away. At least give it a try before you cardio yourself to death...
    Right...because low test, high estrogen, and high costisol (you know, the symptoms of aging) are all a myth.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i dont think anavar is going to help you loose 20lbs. your going to need to adjust your diet more
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

V-ROID is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Right...because low test, high estrogen, and high costisol (you know, the symptoms of aging) are all a myth.
    Dude is only 33. But if that is YOUR excuse Bonaparte, go with it...

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i dont think anavar is going to help you loose 20lbs. your going to need to adjust your diet more
    Agreed, should not be that hard to cut weight if you workout more and eat right. Anavar is not good to run by its self, you want to run it with a test base, and since your not looking to get bigger diet and exercise if you key factors here.

Dude is only 33. But if that is YOUR excuse Bonaparte, go with it...
    I'm in my 20s and have a 6 pack. No need for excuses here.
    And my comment was more on the topic of aging in general, not specific to the OP (though he may have the hormonal profile of an older man from past AAS use).

wsupdp is offline New Member
    50mg ED is good...I'm currently doing that along with 500MG a week of test e and strict diet...good results so far

V-ROID is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    I'm in my 20s and have a 6 pack. No need for excuses here.
    And my comment was more on the topic of aging in general, not specific to the OP (though he may have the hormonal profile of an older man from past AAS use).
    That is one thing I did not consider.

I am in 43 and have a 6-pack and never in my life had 10% BF until about a year ago. You could be right about the low test, but I still think the OP's diet could be cleaned up...

Blergs is offline Associate Member
    add 150-200mg teste ew to make up for the shut down and make sure you have your energy and agression up for the fight.

my diet is perfect...believe what you want. i'm an x d-1 collegiate athlete and pro boxer....i know diets and i can't get rid of this last bit natural...already lost over 35 llbs

i think it's my lack of weight lifting and that i am old....

thanks for reply...

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meatball2011 View Post
    my diet is perfect...believe what you want. i'm an x d-1 collegiate athlete and pro boxer....i know diets and i can't get rid of this last bit natural...already lost over 35 llbs

thanks for reply...
    i am almost certain your diet is garbage post up your stats age height weight bf etc. and post your diet up with macros included maybe we can learn something from the golds gym nutritionst

V-ROID is offline Member
    Cool. I'd really like to see it.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned

thanks for reply...
    Quote Originally Posted by cyounger100 View Post
    i am almost certain your diet is garbage post up your stats age height weight bf etc. and post your diet up with macros included maybe we can learn something from the golds gym nutritionst
    i have to admit, i'm intrigued as well. exactly what DOES an ex d-1 collegiate athlete and pro boxer eat during the day?

for the third time, could you please post your perfect diet...for learning purposes of course

V-ROID is offline Member
    Nobody is trying to offend you or be a dick (I'm not). We just REALLY would like to see your diet. You came here looking for help with VAR, and it led here. Humor us.

Quote Originally Posted by cyounger100 View Post
    i'm not a bodybuilder. i'm only looking to retain muscle and strength as i LOSE THE FAT. What don't you get? When I weighed 246 I was pressing 365 on Incline Barbell.(315 sets of 5-6) At 209 today, I don't feel as strong as I should be. Boxing isn't about weight lifting, so yea, I had to lose muscle to be faster and cut weight.

You don't go from 246 to 209 in less than 3 months natural on a crap diet. ok?

I WILL be down to 180-190 regardless if I add anavar . I just want the best body composition when I get down there. I used to box at 170-180 in the off season of football (where I weighed 225 lbs or so). It's just not as easy now and my composition isn't doing the same as it did in my 20s. I don't know what to tell you?

the little crap talks trying to talk down to me like I don't know what I'm doing, i shrug off, you guys don't know me. I'm not mad at any of you, cause I yell at everyone about their diet too. lol

MEATBALL

p.s. i probably know more about diet than most of you...i've been training since i was 12. 6 years in sports medicine physical therapy, gold's gym training manager, pro boxer, college athlete, national famous bodybuilders are my friends. trust me, my diet is fine. i'm college educated and have read on diets for over 10 years. I'm not a bodybuilder, I compete in athletics, you guys don't get it. different than bodybuildng, way different. In fact, most of my meals during the day are with my friend who is competing in a physique comp soon. DIET IS NOT THE PROBLEM. You tell me to post my diet, cause you think it's crap, but...you forget that I just lost almost 40 lbs on diet with moderate cardio. lol..thanks for the help though. I'm starting my cycle tomorrow. Wish me luck. Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. No hard feelings. My last reply. You're all repped.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    i'm not a bodybuilder. i'm only looking to retain muscle and strength as i LOSE THE FAT. What don't you get? When I weighed 246 I was pressing 365 on Incline Barbell.(315 sets of 5-6) At 209 today, I don't feel as strong as I should be. Boxing isn't about weight lifting, so yea, I had to lose muscle to be faster and cut weight.

You don't go from 246 to 209 in less than 3 months natural on a crap diet. ok?

I WILL be down to 180-190 regardless if I add anavar . I just want the best body composition when I get down there. I used to box at 170-180 in the off season of football (where I weighed 225 lbs or so). It's just not as easy now and my composition isn't doing the same as it did in my 20s. I don't know what to tell you?

the little crap talks trying to talk down to me like I don't know what I'm doing, i shrug off, you guys don't know me. I'm not mad at any of you, cause I yell at everyone about their diet too. lol

MEATBALL

p.s. i probably know more about diet than most of you...i've been training since i was 12. 6 years in sports medicine physical therapy, gold's gym training manager, pro boxer, college athlete, national famous bodybuilders are my friends. trust me, my diet is fine. i'm college educated and have read on diets for over 10 years. I'm not a bodybuilder, I compete in athletics, you guys don't get it. different than bodybuildng, way different. In fact, most of my meals during the day are with my friend who is competing in a physique comp soon. DIET IS NOT THE PROBLEM. You tell me to post my diet, cause you think it's crap, but...you forget that I just lost almost 40 lbs on diet with moderate cardio. lol..thanks for the help though. I'm starting my cycle tomorrow. Wish me luck. Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. No hard feelings. My last reply. You're all repped.
    you could start by sharing your diet with us? how about that?

seriously bro, not being a dik..why are you so apprehensive (read afraid) about posting your diet? pay it forward man. you're here asking for help. well, help us help you. we are all here for the same reason - to share information and learn from others. IF your diet is not dialed in, then all the var in the world is not going to shed fat for you. this is what i think everyone is concerned with. no sense in trying to offer advice if your macros are lopsided.

if you have the perfect diet, i for one am VERY interested in learning about it. fyi, your evasiveness does not lend you any credibility..just saying bro..

i'll be waiting in the wings for your diet to be posted..

sleepingz is offline Junior Member
    you wrote all these replies, you might as well of posted your diet and you would have a much better knowledge base fromthese guys nd that would help anyone from the beginner to the most experienced, just sayin dude.

whatever you do, i ran 50 mg a day originally, found 75 allot better for my needs. just be weary of the high liver toxicity and i believe there is study tht found it to be linked to liver cancer in higher doses/prolonged use (if my info is right)

you can tell liver toxicity wih yellowing nails and skin if i remember right, anyways take care man...
    Last edited by sleepingz; 03-21-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Hiphopharry is offline Associate Member
    I would do a low dose of test prop with the var, you can run longer esters, but dont want to be a waterball with that much of an increased appetite.
    8 weeks with var? I would be cautious and do 6, no use having your receptors saturated and wasting money the last two weeks...
    The belly fat thing is pain for sure- but I have heard that "spot reduction" is diffucult at best, the body loses weight from everywhere at once, not just the problem areas. Not equally, but you get the picture.
    Good luck, throw in some LSD (long slow distance) runs, and really go into 6 small meals, low cal, lots of greens per day to rev up the metabolism, and you should lose the weight there.
    I would still be nervous as hell with the testing, more states are testing each year, some have random surprise tests that the commissions havent announced as their new policy until you show up on fight night- be careful.
    Var takes 3 weeks to clear- keep that in mind

Thread Information