Thread: best otc

thebigcat454545 is offline New Member

best otc

if i decided to wait on a cycle and start off with sum little more mild what would you suggest i do? looking for sum otc to gain muscle mass and increase test levels. perferably nothing that will mess with my bp. supplements is a billion $ industry and its so confusing trying to decide whats best.

TFf
    TFf is offline Associate Member
    I would suggest chicken and lean cuts of beef

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    protein n creatine

TFf
    TFf is offline Associate Member
    ^^ agreed. Also IMO the only supplements that are not a bunch of junk are protien, creatine, glutamine, bcaa and other aminos, and a multi. Supplements are a billion dollar industry because people like to buy stuff with shiny labels that shows a picture of j cutler and states in its magazine ad that it will add 10 lbs of lean mass In 3 weeks... Stick with the basics as far a supplementing. Remember natural growth usually takes lots of time and it is a Slow process. Eat sleep train. All to the best of your abilities.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    you could do primo when you do decide as you gain moderate but quality muscle and it has the lowest amount of sides going out of most just my 2 cents if you do look around bud!

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    Build a base through eating quality food and training hard with compound lifts. Dont get caught up in wasting money on all the bullshit supplements.

AcquireMass is offline New Member
    Did you really use glutamine in the same sentence as creatine? Glutamine is junk btw.

l-glutamine is good so stop catabolic state alot of people use it so is it junk or not bud ?????

The only thing "proven" for glutamine is that it helps some with immune function. As far as bodybuilding purposes it is useless.......bud.
    Last edited by AcquireMass; 04-04-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Cannot post links but add www. to this ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17618004

summary:
    Even using protein breakdown as a measure of recovery, the effects of glutamine are mixed at best. Though one investigation demonstrated an inhibition of total body proteolysis as measured by improved leucine flux after glutamine supplementation [21], a separate study showed glutamine supplementation did not affect urinary levels of 3-methylhistidine, another marker of protein degradation [14]. Therefore, whether considering buffering capacity, time to fatigue, or protein balance, glutamine supplementation fails to consistently demonstrate any positive ergogenic benefit on measures of recovery from exercise.

Unfortunately, this appears to be another example of commercial marketing trumping scientific evidence that in this case demonstrates how nonessential glutamine supplementation is to athletic performance.

mmmmmmmm ill investigate .. chrs m8

nilrac is offline Member
    i believe the jury is still out for Glutamine...

Glutamine
    Glutamine is the most plentiful non-essential amino acid in the body and plays a number of important physiological roles [36]. Glutamine has been reported to increase cell volume and stimulate protein [94-96] and glycogen synthesis [97]. Theoretically, glutamine supplementation prior to and/or following exercise (e.g., 6–10 g) may help to optimize cell hydration and protein synthesis during training leading to greater gains in muscle mass and strength [36,98]. In support of this hypothesis, a recent study by Colker and associates [99] found that subjects who supplemented their diet with glutamine (5 grams) and BCAA (3 grams) enriched whey protein during training promoted about a 2 pound greater gain in muscle mass and greater gains in strength than ingesting whey protein alone. Although more data is needed, there appears to be a strong scientific rationale and some preliminary evidence to indicate that glutamine may help build muscle.
    http://www.jissn.com

Protein and Creatine for sure though. BCAAs, a multi-vit and fish oils... should be key supps if you use them.
    I use L-Glutamine myself. I do notice (or believe) I am less likely to catch colds etc when I use it. I think there will be more studies done on L-Glutamine which will prove it to be beneficial. to each their own though... I don't really know how many studies there have been in the past 8 years or so though since it became popular!

Direct link to this study? Strong scientific rationale........may help build muscle?

yeah still sound good enough to use to be honest my dailys are strong sports multi-vit/l-glut/cod liver gels/max-gh4/vit b4 when not on cycle gh4 so not alot really to be honest but effective as i lose very little after cycle has finished as long as training is always consistant done a test on myself about 4 years ago and done a cycle eat properly as i dont like crap anyway but training was only twice a week and it took 3 years to notice slight lose in muscle so not bad really with good eating and the right vits it can be good!

nilrac is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AcquireMass View Post
    Direct link to this study? Strong scientific rationale........may help build muscle?
    I think you need to sign up for the site to get a direct link, mate. I just looked at this article. It was a "round up" of various controlled studies, however, it was dated 2004... so I am assuming the study you are referring to was more recent! Also looking at it, the BCAA use nullifies it anyway!

It's like anything though... there will be more studies, I am sure.

< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    If you want natural, go natural. . . I have used every OTC out. I get em' cheap so why not.

Creatine works - Sort of, nothing insane and it kind of has sides.

Glutamine is garbage.

Best supplement is a good diet and a good routine.

Thread Information