Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Balta is offline Junior Member

Cycling steroids - is it a waste of time and money?

When you're on cycle you feel great. You look great. You get a lot of attention.

When you come off, you're depressed, you get fatter, you lose gains... slowly, but surely.

In effect, you are only living half your life. Half of the time you're on steroids , the other half you are thinking about when you will get back on them.

So what gives? Why cycle if you know you will lose your gains in a few months? And you know you will deal with depression, lack of motivation, concentration, terrible sleep, libido loss, etc.

I understand why people get on TRT (self-prescribed or not). A lot of people don't want to come off. I came across this video and this guy seems to know what he's talking about, from his experience of course:

< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Troll

Out of all the questions that get asked on here I probably posed the only one that has some real substance, yet I'm a troll. Ok bro

kamilo1975 is offline Associate Member
    That's why you shouldn't cycle if your not willing to take the bad thing that comes along with it.

Here's one for you. Should I add some deca to kickstart my Test E 500mg/week cycle? How many weeks should I take it and should I taper off?

There now I'm not a troll, just a blind idiot doing the same thing everyone else does without asking WHY.

logen32 is offline Associate Member
    A lot of people go all out while on cycle and then comes pct and being off cycle there diet and training is no where near while on cycle so it no surprise you'll lose gains.

Secondly if you stop training and start eating 3-4 meals a day(low in protien), In other words fitness no longer plays a role in ur life(nurtition and exercise) youll lose your gains even if you attained it naturally.

logen32 is offline Associate Member
    And u must not read a lot of posts on this fourm. People are not shy to criticize a person if there diet training or stats don't seem to par.

You concluded that regardless of what one does you will lose your gains. Rephrase your question to 'what could I do to retain the muscle I gained while on cycle?' and I'm sure you would get more replies.

Blog Entries
    Blanket garbage like this explains nothing. I watched about a dozen videos on YouTube & they explain nothing. No facts just nonsense.

If you are looking into this as something you really want to do. You need factual information for each question you think of.

Blanket crap is a waste. Just like me stating: steroids work - wow

I asked because I wanted to understand the logic of cycling vs staying on...

dumb_aas is offline Junior Member
    When you stay on you'll have to up your doses more and more to keep getting the same effects, which will lead to harsher sides and possibly the inability to recover once you do decide to come off.

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Balta View Post
    Here's one for you. Should I add some deca to kickstart my Test E 500mg/week cycle? How many weeks should I take it and should I taper off?

There now I'm not a troll, just a blind idiot doing the same thing everyone else does without asking WHY.
    What makes you think this is what everyone does? Just because some of us choose to blast and cruise or are actually in need of Trt so take advantage of it, doesnt mean we are going to come out and suggest it to new users who havent even touched a steroid .

You can get somewhere using cycles, you can get further staying on. Staying on has its own risks vs rewards list that you have to consider. Nobody is going to suggest it to you, this is a decision you have to make for yourself and for many of us guys out there who REQUIRE trt, we would call anyone who chose to stay on an idiot unless they have pro potential.

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dumb_aas View Post
    When you stay on you'll have to up your doses more and more to keep getting the same effects, which will lead to harsher sides and possibly the inability to recover once you do decide to come off.
    Wrong. Dont speak from inexperience.

JDBeretta is offline Member
    My cat's name is Mittens.

Steroids are good.

Steroids are bad.

Look, a dog!

Stupid farkin thread.

Blog Entries
    LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by JDBeretta View Post

Steroids are good.

Steroids are bad.

Look, a dog!

Stupid farkin thread.
    You sound like those retarded kids in school that think "math is stupid." Get a grip dude. I asked a real question and you don't to answer cause your ***** hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Balta

You sound like those retarded kids in school that think "math is stupid." Get a grip dude. I asked a real question and you don't to answer cause your ***** hurts.
    Okay there Big Balta. You the MAN! It's not my fault you can't get your curling form down with the purple dumbbells.

Oh, and for the record, I've forgotten more about math than you know.

If I were you, and got depressed, gained a lot of fat, and lost all gains post cycle then I would never cycle again. That or I'd learn how to do a proper pct and train and eat to retain gains and not feel like shit coming off.

duecediamonds is offline New Member
    Couldn't have said it better Hartman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman
    If I were you, and got depressed, gained a lot of fat, and lost all gains post cycle then I would never cycle again. That or I'd learn how to do a proper pct and train and eat to retain gains and not feel like shit coming off.
    ^that

Blog Entries
    As stated - Troll

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I asked because I wanted to understand the logic of cycling vs staying on...
    Are you looking for justification to be on for life? Sounds like you prefer blast and cruise forever, instead cycling on and off.

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBeretta View Post

Steroids are good.

Steroids are bad.

Look, a dog!

Stupid farkin thread.
    A cat named Mittens wearing Kitten Mittens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLq0Vouqh6o

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    its just a testamonial.everyone is different.not everyone has an addictive personality.it took me years of planning before i cycled.i was always nervous about it.i do go through some deppresion when i pct and anxiety, but ive always had a little of both.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    They will give you all the information you can know about this drug. You will become, You can will literally can get a PHD on steroidism.......

Sorry thats as far as I could get trying to listen to this mook from the middle east blaming steroids for his immaturity and life problems.

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    i couldnt imagine pinning FOREVER! It's one thing when you know you have xx amount of jabs in a cycle, and then you dont with the sh!t...but i'd be depressed having to do that shit forever...

Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    its just a testamonial.everyone is different.not everyone has an addictive personality.it took me years of planning before i cycled.i was always nervous about it.i do go through some deppresion when i pct and anxiety, but ive always had a little of both.
    Yeah I also dealt/deal with anxiety at times. It comes and goes. I heard coming off you get a lot of anxiety. Seemed to me like blasting and cruising would be the way to go... at the right time. Like if you've already had kids and you don't care about being impotent or you just don't want to have kids in the first place. It just seems like PCT and the time inbetween cycles is such a drag that cruising at a low dose would be the way to go IF the aforementioned were considered.

Like I wouldn't want to waste my time doing a cycle and a year later I'm back to where I was before I even cycled you know?

depfife is offline Associate Member
    I guess everyone is different... I've have excellent results from aas... my first cycle, i took 10 steps forward, then 1 step back during off period... Does that sound worthwhile? YOU BET CHA!!!!! I have taken as long as 2 years off cycle... and with good routine, maintained a nice body. So..whatever dude...do what you want..

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Well I can't speak for everyone but I can only speak from experience. After my 1st cycle I kept my gains and never felt depressed for over a year. Then I wanted more size so I cycled again and messed up my diet during PCT and lost those gains. I will say I'm leaner off cycle than on. I eat at a surplus to make gains while cycling but get lean off cycle. I don't feel like I'm only living "half my life" while I cycle. I use aas as a tool to get me to my goals. When I get there I set new goals and work towards them. I'm not a bodybuilder by any means but I used to be a fattie that lost weight naturally now I want gains quicker than nature will allow an old guy like me. Diet, exercise, and smart use of juice lets me lead a very complete life.

Quote Originally Posted by awesome_archy

a cat named mittens wearing kitten mittens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlq0vouqh6o
    winning!

Quote Originally Posted by depfife View Post
    I guess everyone is different... I've have excellent results from aas... my first cycle, i took 10 steps forward, then 1 step back during off period... Does that sound worthwhile? YOU BET CHA!!!!! I have taken as long as 2 years off cycle... and with good routine, maintained a nice body. So..whatever dude...do what you want..
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    Well I can't speak for everyone but I can only speak from experience. After my 1st cycle I kept my gains and never felt depressed for over a year. Then I wanted more size so I cycled again and messed up my diet during PCT and lost those gains. I will say I'm leaner off cycle than on. I eat at a surplus to make gains while cycling but get lean off cycle. I don't feel like I'm only living "half my life" while I cycle. I use aas as a tool to get me to my goals. When I get there I set new goals and work towards them. I'm not a bodybuilder by any means but I used to be a fattie that lost weight naturally now I want gains quicker than nature will allow an old guy like me. Diet, exercise, and smart use of juice lets me lead a very complete life.
    Were you guys at your genetic potential when you started? I've been training for 8 years, and training hard and consistent. I have doubts whether a cycle will benefit me. I understand that a cycle taken when one is not near their genetic potential can possibly give them an edge and faster results. My understanding is that a person's body will maintain homeostasis and revert back to its genetic capabilities when off... one way or another... hcg or no hcg, PCT or no PCT. And also, my understanding is that PCT is used to reduce the damage to HPTA but not prevent it. I don't think PCT will prevent damage. That's just from research and other testimonials.

"I don't think PCT will prevent damage".

Personally, I just like the name Nolvadex . Sounds exotic and sexy. And "Clomid" sounds mysterious and intriguing. And I saw HCG in some awesome graffiti letters on a wall once.

Ok, so you think that PCT solves all problems? Then why is it that the majority of those who cycle, like many on this board, are on TRT for life?

... waiting for another wise-ass comment from someone not so wise, but definitely an ass

No. I actually know PCT does not. But it majorly mitigates risk.

And a lot of guys on TRT are on so because they made mistakes or started cycling before the vast amount of knowledge that is available now was out.

minitourwvu is offline Associate Member
    When you're on cycle you feel great. You look great. You get a lot of attention.

When you come off, you're depressed, you get fatter, you lose gains... slowly, but surely.

In effect, you are only living half your life. Half of the time you're on steroids , the other half you are thinking about when you will get back on them.

So what gives? Why cycle if you know you will lose your gains in a few months? And you know you will deal with depression, lack of motivation, concentration, terrible sleep, libido loss, etc.

I understand why people get on TRT (self-prescribed or not). A lot of people don't want to come off. I came across this video and this guy seems to know what he's talking about, from his experience of course:

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2UEHKURlY
    Have you ever cycled in your life? This doesnt happen to everyone but the ones that dont know how to train, eat, and sleep so you will fall in this category. The biggest mistake most people make is cycling while not being anywhere near ready to cycle, so more than likely you will also be in there. Experience and years of training will help keep gains for longer. Pct is not what ppl say it is it hits some hard maybe, but a lot have no problem with pct...just man up.

No, I never cycled yet. I did mess around with some Testim cream a while back and it kind of ****ed me up cause I didn't have any PCT or anything and then I lost my libido and broke up with my girl. I've been training for almost 10 years though and my diet is on point, as well as my training. I have pretty much hit my genetic potential as I'm 215 lbs at 10% (approx). I'd like to be 230 at 10% if possible. Don't know if steroids will do it for me. I'm 26 btw.

Blog Entries
    Word, you come on here talking shit without experience. Hmmmmmm

I tried to make peace with you in the other thread. I'm not on here to start shit. I'm asking a serious question. If you don't like, you don't have to answer it. Anways, good luck on your cycle. I hope you keep the most of your gains and then come tell me how you did it so that I may copy!

Blog Entries
    I hope so, we'll see.

I am not expecting miracles. There is no buff in a vial.

It is what it is.. i'll be happy as hell if you get it right and keep something.

I can assure you that if you've trained for 10 years, your diet is correct, and you do AAS properly, you will look back on this thread and laugh.

If you really have pre-existing damage from previous mistakes, you may experience some of the crappy feelings when you come off. That being said, you would be able to hit your goal of 230 in a year or 2, I think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information