Thread: Androgel

Lil man is offline Associate Member

Androgel

I'm at docs office now and was thinking. Why am I getting bloodwork done to know hormone levels if I'm unsure I can pin? But, I have a friend that has androgel . He was only given a couple of packages of it but I know that I can probably get it with these blood tests I'm doing. My question is, how many of you have ever tried it an what was the outcome? Why don't more people use the gel that pin?

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    A good friend of mine is on it, there was no change with the normal dose so they incresed it to 4 pumps a day. Other than increased libido he has noticed no major changes. He goes back for bloodwork in a few weeks to see if the new dosage made any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWaffle21 View Post
    A good friend of mine is on it, there was no change with the normal dose so they incresed it to 4 pumps a day. Other than increased libido he has noticed no major changes. He goes back for bloodwork in a few weeks to see if the new dosage made any changes.
    That blows. I figured it was too good to be true. I was ok until I opened up the drawer at docs office and seen the size of a 22g needle. I felt the blood rush outta my hea and got lightheaded like a lil girl.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil man View Post
    That blows. I figured it was too good to be true. I was ok until I opened up the drawer at docs office and seen the size of a 22g needle. I felt the blood rush outta my hea and got lightheaded like a lil girl.
    Other option: Go with a 25g, they work great! You will hardly feel it. Depending on what your weekly dosage is, you can also look at Sub Q as another option. Sub Q is an excellent option for TRT protocols. Say if your protocol is 100mg week, you can easily break that up with pinning 2x per week, .25cc via sub q.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    I use a 25g 1.5" in the glutes for my trt. Have less pip than I did with the 1" the doc used. Gets easier after you get that first one out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Other option: Go with a 25g, they work great! You will hardly feel it. Depending on what your weekly dosage is, you can also look at Sub Q as another option. Sub Q is an excellent option for TRT protocols. Say if your protocol is 100mg week, you can easily break that up with pinning 2x per week, .25cc via sub q.
    I will be pinning 250 2x week tho. But sub q is an option. I thought the release would be much slower?

Ok. So you're looking to cycle as opposed to TRT?

Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post
    Ok. So you're looking to cycle as opposed to TRT?
    Yeah. I'm actually at hospital with wife. She is having surgery Friday and I am leaving here to have bloodwork an physical done pre cycle to have a baseline. But the surgeons rooms have some big ass needles dude. Shit has me scared. Hell I really don't wanna give the blood samples and damn sure don't wanna go 1.5" deep. All in pursuit of happiness.

Vettester is offline Banned
    OK, I understand now. It sounded like you were angling towards TRT by stating you were at the doctor's office and thinking. Anyways, just look at the 25g x 1-1/2" for IM as dpyle mentioned, or you can even go 1" for quads if that's something you want to consider.

The sub q works great for smaller doses like the TRT protocols, which I'm on.

I've never cycled so I can't advise there so you'll have to wait for the experienced guys to chime in. I have a feeling though you'll be told pinning is your best option. And I'm not sure sub-q would handle that volume very comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    OK, I understand now. It sounded like you were angling towards TRT by stating you were at the doctor's office and thinking. Anyways, just look at the 25g x 1-1/2" for IM as dpyle mentioned, or you can even go 1" for quads if that's something you want to consider.

The sub q works great for smaller doses like the TRT protocols, which I'm on.
    My bad. I was just thinking that it would be a hek of a lot easier to just rub some gel on my ribs and haul ass.

The amount of gel you would need for cycle levels would be insane. Plus with the gel you have to be careful that your wife and children if you have kids don't come in contact with it. Gel is just a huge mess. Had a friend that was on 5 pumps per day and it covered both sides from pits to waist band and got his T just above 600. He stopped due to it feeling like a bigger hassle than a help and is waiting to find a doc to put him on injections.

Arnold_S is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil man View Post
    My bad. I was just thinking that it would be a hek of a lot easier to just rub some gel on my ribs and haul ass.
    It is meant to be applied on the shoulders, biceps, chest and above muscle sites. I have a script for the stuff, it's insanely expensive. even with coupons. It's cheaper for me to buy injectables offline. Though the stuff did make me feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold_S View Post
    It is meant to be applied on the shoulders, biceps, chest and above muscle sites. I have a script for the stuff, it's insanely expensive. even with coupons. It's cheaper for me to buy injectables offline. Though the stuff did make me feel better
    Thank you Arnold an welcome to the board. I'm a newbie as well. I knew nothing a month ago and these guys have helped me right along!!!

Thread Information