tote33 is offline New Member

Exclamation Interesting Fact of Alcohol

Fellow members, I feel that there has been a lack of posts regarding the regular intake of alcohol during and off cycle when trying to build muscle. In hopes of getting some much anticipated response please post on your opinions of the matter, this can be in regards to liver stress, increased aromatization, dehydration or micronutrient depletion. I am hoping we can all learn something from this thread so let's put our heads together and make some break throughs! I'll start by posting the abstract from a paper published in 1979 (yes it and numerous other's around for that long)

The effect of alcohol ingestion on hepatic aromatase activity and plasma steroid hormones in the rat.

Gordon GG, Southren AL, Vittek J, Lieber CS.

Abstract
    Chronic alcohol ingestion in the rat resulted in increased hepatic aromatase activity, elevation of plasma estradiol, and a decrease in plasma testosterone levels . Testicular incubation studies indicated that the source of the estrogen was not of gonadal origin but was, most likely, due to increased peripheral conversion. The failure of HCG in vitro to restore testicular secretion of testosterone to normal levels suggested a direct action of alcohol, or a metabolic product, on gonadal secretory processes, as distinct from trophic hormone effects. This study demonstrates that many of the hormonal alterations seen in cirrhosis of the liver in man may be produced directly by alcohol feeding without cirrhotic changes in the rat.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Like Arnold said " Milk is for babies. I drink beer. "

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    There are thousands of posts on alcohol.....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    alcohol IS a poison for our bodys and it in fact drys out the very middle of your brain when drinking to much thats why you can either blankout or get wobberly it does though in very strong and small amounts ie spirits cleans organs which is good for the body but having a 6 pack a day isnt in anyway good for you!

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So, what is the ''interesting fact'' about alcohol consumption here?

lolol ha ha ha mmmmmm good point!

gonzo6183 is offline Senior Member
    umm mate you've been a member for a few days. There is 100s if not 1000s of posts that reference alcohol and every related question about its use on or off cycle.

Nothing new...

Do it in moderation or even better NOT AT ALL

My bad guys, I guess I don't know how to use the search tool all that well yet. Just trying to get some good responses, it's hard to find things to post about being a newbie. I've just been reading and researching like crazy, I just wish I had more intelligent things to contribute! Any advice on becoming a better member would be great and taken to heart!

gonzo6183 is offline Senior Member
    Conduct your own extensive range of experiements on mice and bring us the results

markdbg is offline Associate Member
    drink water,take in electrolytes, up your sodium and carb intake on those days, keep your protein high as it lowers protien synthesis. and go have some fun. alcohol is posion blah blah blah, but yet we shoot tren ,eq,deca . we pop dbol winni halo abombs.

the less u drink the better, but partying on weekends isnt gonna hurt. only down side is you tend to put way more calories in you. especially if u eat terrible when ur drinking/hung over, and remember, hang overs can affect you up to 4 weeks later

Will do! The mice are ready to start the maze, they're waiting for the right scientist

markbg what the fck are you going on about you tit i dont drink on weekends blah blah blah and i know the effects over the next four days depression ,bad diet etc etc thats why i and other people dont do it so if your gonna post something then make sure its a decent repsonse not this bull shit oh and enjoy your beer yeah!

Zackery is offline Associate Member
    LoL!! A weekend of partying ruins a week of training for me. So no thank you. Sure we "shoot tren ,eq ,deca . we pop dbol winni halo abombs" but that is in some way beneficial. Drinking every weekend is... well... not beneficial at all. Except if you live on the argument that alcohol only kills the weak brain cells...

Bevsta123 is offline Member
    its a piety we're not mice o.0

Thread Information