< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

Mo pain mo gain?

I fvcking hurt, I been hitting the weights harder than ever. I hit weights for 60-90 minutes at a time then hit 20 minutes of cardio. I do this 4x a week.

I eat like a horse, I feel bloated and full 24x7.

But, my muscles throb like no other.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What's the issue/question?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    What's the issue/question?
    My muscles are so sore, I cant lift my arm. . . Pretty close at least.

Does that mean I where I am supposed to be intensity wise?

Is this what everyone else feels when you hitting the weights this hard while on?

I think this shit makes me feel more sore.
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 04-21-2012 at 06:05 PM.

NotConvincedYet is offline Associate Member
    Are you feeling more sore in session, or out of session? You generally get pumped a hell of a lot more which makes movement harder and may also give you that intense pain/soreness. Some find the pump hard to deal with and restricting?

In my opinion, 90 minutes is WAY too long to be working out. 45mins is ideal, 60 max (this is without talking to buddies, I am talking hard work).

Blog Entries
    After workout, next day on.

I hit it hard for 60-90 minutes straight timing myself between sets.

Like the day after traps, I fvcking hurt for two days. I looked straight flexed for over a day.

After yesterday's arm & back workout, my arms feel like they are 50 pounds.

You can't kill it too much at the gym, can you?

I drink a No-Xplode(yes it's crap, but I get it for free) and I'm pumped for about 45 minutes then it wears of and I'm about ready for cardio.

Maybe now you're training at an intensity you've never experienced! I know I have sessions that keep me sore for days afterwards in those muscles, on or off gear.

Sounds like the old delayed onset muscle soreness to me. Not a bad thing at all. Just shows you are training hard. But you wanna make sure you are fully recovered before you train that body part again. Get massage and stretch heaps. This will help prevent injury and help promote recovery.

Sometimes it's not about training harder, it's more about training smarter. You can train too hard without adequate recovery.

Blog Entries
    I recover each body part I work for 7 days. I researched this a lot and that is what I am doing.

I do bi's & back on Fridays, I don't do them again until next Friday.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    This seems strange to me, while on cycle I get intense pumps and soreness during my workouts, but I feel I recover way faster on cycle so I don't get sore at all the next day(s)!! Off cycle ...thats another story!

Focused88 is offline Associate Member
    ^^this.. but i guess u might be training on a whole other level than you have before..which is good.
    But if its that bad..that you can't lift your arms the next day.., then I feel like you might be over training.

What cycle are you running btw?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD View Post
    This seems strange to me, while on cycle I get intense pumps and soreness during my workouts, but I feel I recover way faster on cycle so I don't get sore at all the next day(s)!! Off cycle ...thats another story!
    I wonder if this is an individual thing? I get sore both on and off. Definitely more pumped during session whilst on. In fact it's restricting on joints! I made sure I kept up with shoulder and hip mobility/flexibility to avoid injury.

I wonder if Samson is now training at a higher intensity than whilst off? If so, good on you. Even though training should be different whilst on, I do believe many many people who complain of lack of results don't train anywhere near the intensity that can/should be to yield results.

bigswoll is offline Banned
    420 u kill me. You haven't done enough research then. First of all yes u can do more damage then good it's called OVERTRAINING and anabolics make u recovery alot quicker then without aas. Probably cause i have a feeling u never really worked out b4 got your hands on some shit and now your finally working out for the first time. Post your workout routine. How many sets and how many reps. Idc about the weight

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    The only time I have had a problem like that was when I bottomed out my E2 by dosing AI too high. No idea what your circumstances are, just throwing that out there for thought.

bigswoll is offline Banned
    Yup. U need estrogen jus not enough to cry during a ASPCA commercial lolol

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The other issues especially on cycle a lot of people lift a lot heavier and it puts stress on the tendons. It may not be just your muscles that are sore but if it's deep like the joints it may be tendons and you may need to back off a little before you do permanent damage.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigswoll
    420 u kill me. You haven't done enough research then. First of all yes u can do more damage then good it's called OVERTRAINING and anabolics make u recovery alot quicker then without aas. Probably cause i have a feeling u never really worked out b4 got your hands on some shit and now your finally working out for the first time. Post your workout routine. How many sets and how many reps. Idc about the weight
    ^^^^agree

Blog Entries
    It feels like it's the muscle itself.

I feel like I am expanding 24x7

It's odd, good maybe. I am growing fast. I'm only on 500mg a week of test enan.

I am trying to back off a bit, my lifts just jumped.

This seems to go away within 3 days after working out which ever body part.

GORILLAslap is offline Associate Member
    try to consume bcaa at high dose during and after and get some flax oil in your post workout shake

bcaa is liquid gold imo

and a few days off can do magic tricks
    especially training as long and intense as u are describing
    your CNS needs to heal as well as muscles

Blog Entries
    I'll look into it.

I leave 2 days in between all workouts.

What ever it is, it's working.

I just wanted to check how other people felt on AAS and hard training.

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    I'll look into it.

I leave 2 days in between all workouts.

What ever it is, it's working.

I just wanted to check how other people felt on AAS and hard training.
    i just finished my 1st test cycle, and i would get this intense pump while lifting and i loved it but as far as soreness i felt like my muscles never got overly sore BUT my CNS was murked upon

i took almost 4 days off on like my 6th week, i was going up in weight and my muscles didnt hesitate at all but i could feel it in my tendons

but i think some glutamine or a post workout matrix could help out tremendously
    Last edited by GORILLAslap; 04-21-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    My post workout shit is solid.

I used glutamine before and it did nothing noticeable.

JDBeretta is offline Member
    It sounds to me like a classic example of juicing before your muscles are ready to handle it.

I'd suggest to take a week off and get fully rested. Take BCAAs and stay extremely hydrated. Like to the point where you're pissing out water every 15 mins.

This is all assuming that your diet is already half-decent.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Have you tried taking a hot bath and eating a few bananas, Samson?

chickenwing1 is offline Junior Member
    Bannanas help alot. Make sure you rest also

JDBeretta is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong
    Have you tried taking a hot bath and eating a few bananas, Samson?
    Wait, I'm supposed to EAT the bananas?

My bad.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBeretta View Post

My bad.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhh. You need to stop training with Anabolicboy

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    how do you do weights for 90 mins. im in and out of the gym in 40 mins tops for strength
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigswoll View Post
    this. If you been working out for month's on end you will not get sore like that. Only thing that get's sore for me is Leg's maybe. Arm's are hardly ever sore. And if they are it's 1 day and slight soreness. Not being able to move your arm sounds like a guy who is a beginner/novice trainer.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    how do you do weights for 90 mins. im in and out of the gym in 40 mins tops for strength
    Same w/ me. 40 min. on weights then 10 min ab circuit. If you go full bore for 90 minutes each session for any extended length of time your CNS will eventually get fried, even with a juiced up Endocrine system.

Blog Entries
    I hit 3-4 exercises per body part. 5 sets on each, progressively going up in weight until I get to the 3rd set where I max out, then ramp down.

I space out my sets within 3 minutes.

From what I can see, it's most likely caused by me still being still intermediate in my workouts.

Bevsta123 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBeretta View Post

My bad.
    Why what do you do with em? Use em as depositorys aha

Boxtrot is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    I hit 3-4 exercises per body part. 5 sets on each, progressively going up in weight until I get to the 3rd set where I max out, then ramp down.

I space out my sets within 3 minutes.

From what I can see, it's most likely caused by me still being still intermediate in my workouts.
    I was doing that at one point no AAS though. I would have to nap everyday or i'd feel like a sloth.

Your long rests between sets are allowing you to remain near your maximum intensity for each set and a long with your high amount of sets your being really efficient at breaking down your CNS.

I know what im describing is slightly different but im sure you'll cure your problem simply but reducing the amount of unnecessary stress your putting on your CNS. Just keep it to 2 mins rest with 3 sets per exercise max. or do less exercises but say 6 sets.

Thor249 is offline Junior Member
    Don't listen to people who say you are overtraining..... There is absolutely no such thing. That being said, 5 full working sets is a little much for each exercise.

Stick to 3 working sets per exercise around 12-20sets per body part depending on what body part that actually is.

I get pretty sore too sometimes for a day or two and I also spend about 90min on the weights.

Being sore is never a bad thing. As long as you eat enough and get your sleep at your rate a weeks rest should be enough. The ppl who do 40min are probably training twice per week. If not then they are doing it wrong.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Thor, you prescribe 90 mins lifting? Seriously! It may work for you but just because it does it doesn't mean the rest are doing it wrong! I suspect you'll find that most experienced trainees work out for 40-60 minutes for strength and hypertrophy!

No such thing as overtraining? Are you quoting Cutler?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thor249 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Thor, you prescribe 90 mins lifting? Seriously! It may work for you but just because it does it doesn't mean the rest are doing it wrong! I suspect you'll find that most experienced trainees work out for 40-60 minutes for strength and hypertrophy!

No such thing as overtraining? Are you quoting Cutler?
    Do I prescribe it? No I never told anyone to do it . He mentioned he did about 90min and all I did was say I do the same.

No I'm not quoting cutler it's just true, you wanna sit there and tell me I will lose muscle if I train too hard? Maybe the case if you are in a serious calorie deficit but I'm assuming the OP has his diet in check since he's on AAS too.

And if I was quoting cutler is there a problem with that? You wouldn't take advice from a pro? You would be dumb not to, and no the advice they give is not intended for ppl juicing, it's usually for the general public.

Blog Entries
    I eat like a horse and this seems to be working.

Just feel beat to shit for days at a time. I'll continue the cycle like this and see what it does. As long as I'm getting bigger - It works for me.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor249

Do I prescribe it? No I never told anyone to do it . He mentioned he did about 90min and all I did was say I do the same.

No I'm not quoting cutler it's just true, you wanna sit there and tell me I will lose muscle if I train too hard? Maybe the case if you are in a serious calorie deficit but I'm assuming the OP has his diet in check since he's on AAS too.

And if I was quoting cutler is there a problem with that? You wouldn't take advice from a pro? You would be dumb not to, and no the advice they give is not intended for ppl juicing, it's usually for the general public.
    Well, you are saying that anybody who trains one body part a week and only trains it for 40 minutes then they are wrong. Which means you are right and that you would recommend everybody do what you do!? Anyhow, as you have now clarified it a little by saying that diet should be in check then your comment is a little easier to take, but resting the CNS still plays a big part. We aren't all blessed enough to bollocks ourselves for 90 minutes every session and be able to recover for the next session. More than 15 sets per workout is overkill for me. Even when I was in my early 20s it was too much.

I have no problem with anybody quoting anybody. Funnily enough I asked Cutler about that famous comment and he said it was all about headlines for magazines and that he firmly believes you can be in overtrained not just because of under eating but because too much volume too often and insufficient rest periods.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Boxtrot is offline Associate Member
    Anyone who believes over training is not real, is dumb. If you didnt, how would you know your doing too much? and in saying that, if it doesn't exist, how could any amount be too much? There are clear indications when your doing too much like op has said. Thor you'll fall for anything if it sounds believable.

Blog Entries
    The AAs is really kicking in now, I am lifting more and feel very sore the same day after the workout. Next day, I barely feel the soreness. Day after that I feel like I am ready to go right back at it.

Thread Information