Hello all,

As the title suggests, i'd like to consider myself a well informed newb on the topic of AAS. I have no personal experience with AAS, but have done a lot of reading over the past few years and think that I might be ready for a cycle. Although I'll let the guru's of this site be the deciding factor on that.

With that in mind, here are my stats.

6'2
24 Years old, will be 25 when/if I start a cycle.
190 lbs
Been as low as 9.77% BF, currently around 11% and going down.
Training 4 years

Diet has been on point for years, I'm always reading nutrition articles and interested in learning more information.

Originally I thought a cycle of oral anavar would be a good starting point, but it seems the consensus on this board as well as many others is that...

"Oral only cycles are shit"
"Man the F up, pin to win"
"Use test for your first cycle"

Now the reason I felt Anavar would work well, is because of the minimal mass gains. The reason that appeals to me is I do not want the "Oh that guy is definitely on some sh*t" look, and I do not have support from anyone on this so I'm looking to fly under the radar to a certain extent.

My aim is a MAXIMUM of 10lb net gain which on my frame will certainly still be quite noticeable. I've had friends who have done 1st cycles and gained 35lbs, and kept 25.. that's WAY too much. For me anyways.

I'm looking for something that will give me a modest amount of dry gains that I can hold on to. In effect, the last thing I want to do is go on a cycle that produces massive gains, only to lose the bulk of them thus leading to . "Oh he was definitely on some sh*t and now he's small again".

***SO... after all that, here is what I really want to know.***

What, in all of your opinions, is the best compound for me to start with for "small" gains that are going to stick around? I don't have a problem with pinning.

During cycle.. if your suggestions are to do a small dose of test for a first cycle are Clomid, nolva, etc all necessary to have on hand? I really want this to go smoothly so would you suggest having everything or is that overkill? And what about HCG , a lot of stickies i've read have specific PCT protocols as well as using these in addition to your test through the whole cycle. Necessary precaution?

Small dose of test? how small is too small? I want something thats going to give me a little more than a 8 week cycle of Anavar, but keeping the low risk aspect of it and I get the feeling that test is the way to do it. I just haven't found much information about "Low dose" test cycles for first timers.

Thanks in advance for all your input. And if after reading my post you think I should just head back to the stickies and search function I appreciate that advice too. :P