ArimidexBoy is offline New Member

19 year old, used Arimidex for past year. Need help. Possibly made a stupid decision

So I discovered this forum about a year ago after researching some dianabol I had bought at my gym.

I decided not to use the dbol as I found out steroids can raise estrogen and it is estrogen that stunts growth, however I researched how to avoid growth plate closure instead and came across a study where AI's had been used to lower estrogen levels as to stop the plates from closing.

I was 5'10 and 17 at the time but I live in a country where the average for a boy is 5'11-6'2 and my peers happened to be taller than me that at the time.

I traded my dianabol for some 30x1mg tablets of Arimidex and took them at between 0.25-0.5mg every 2nd day and sometimes everyday.

My tabs lasted me a long time and when they ran out I purchased some liquidex off AR-R and continued treatment. It just became routine like taking a multivitamin and I never really thought much about it.

Basically i've used arimidex for over a year at 0.25-0.5mg.

How do I come off?
    Have I likely done any damage?

I realise I may have an estrogen rebound so I have nolva available.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Completely 100% wrong, estrogen has nothing to do with your Endocrine. Basically what you have done is unnecessarily lowered your estrogen levels, which in turn has most likely inhibited any muscle growth, & possibly fvcked up your HPTA. There is no proper way to stop an AI., just stop, period. I wouldn't worry about an estrogen rebound unless you were using Letro. But to be on the safe side, you can use 20 mg/ed for two weeks. You should go get blood work done about 4 - 6 weeks after you stop & then you'll know for sure what you've done if anything.
    Last edited by The Bear 79; 06-04-2012 at 03:13 PM.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    taking a ai for no reason and youve reasearch it mmmmmmm where did you re-search it mate becuase it wasnt on here that is the worst thing ive heard yet ,but then again theres a reason why you should be at least 25 because youngsters like you do stupid things like this hope it all works out for you m8!!!

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Interesting... How tall are you now? I believe you are correct in that estrogen is one of the main factors in growth plates closing and by using an AI you can, in effect, keep them open longer which could result in extra growth, many research studies support this. Do a search on here.. there has been a few threads on this in the past year, one kid was even under the supervision of his physician. I believe he was using letro instead of adex though.
    Bloodwork is a must for you, imo, so you can see whats going on inside and if the AI has negatively affected anything... As far as coming off, taper down to help with the rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Interesting... How tall are you now? I believe you are correct in that estrogen is one of the main factors in growth plates closing and by using an AI you can, in effect, keep them open longer which could result in extra growth, many research studies support this. Do a search on here.. there has been a few threads on this in the past year, one kid was even under the supervision of his physician. I believe he was using letro instead of adex though.
    Bloodwork is a must for you, imo, so you can see whats going on inside and if the AI has negatively affected anything... As far as coming off, taper down to help with the rebound.
    I was 5'10 at 17 to start and i'm 6'0.25 now at age 19. We'll never know if the arimidex caused that or not obviously, hopefully i'm still growing though and I can get to 6'1.

Should I just taper down and stop even if I've been doing this non stop for over a year?

From your knowledge or arimidex what damage is possible, I know it lowers IGF-1 so my bones may be abnormally weak?

Quote Originally Posted by ArimidexBoy View Post
    I was 5'10 at 17 to start and i'm 6'0.25 now at age 19. We'll never know if the arimidex caused that or not obviously, hopefully i'm still growing though and I can get to 6'1.

Should I just taper down and stop even if I've been doing this non stop for over a year?

From your knowledge or arimidex what damage is possible, I know it lowers IGF-1 so my bones may be abnormally weak?
    Did you not read any of my post? You're asking questions I answered.

I would like to see some supporting evidence of estrogen being a cause of early growth plate closure.

I read you post I have liquid adex so i'm going to taper down to 0.1mg then stop.

Is it just HPTA damage I could have done? As in my hormones are all mixed up due to estrogen being lowered 50% for over a year.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Did all of this actually do something positive? Did you get quite a bit bigger?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Hey he said STOP not taper STOP.This is why you are in trouble.You cant read or follow directions.You ask for help then get it.Then ignore it WTF were you a abused child? The man is trying to help you.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why would you taper down? You need to stop immediately, are you addicted to it or something?

This isn't like Heroin, you don't need to ween yourself off it, just stop.

If you still can't stop then buy a mousetrap and put your dex in the middle.

djjohnnied is offline Junior Member
    Doesn't arimidex have an estro rebound when you stop using it? wouldn't it be better to start some aromasin since its suicidal and then stop after a few weeks?

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS, AND I DON'T MEAN TO CONTRADICT ANY OF YOU, JUST HOPING A VET WILL CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    Did all of this actually do something positive? Did you get quite a bit bigger?
    I was 5'10 when I started at 17, I measured myself yesterday and I came in just under 6'1. Obviously there isn't a way of telling if the adex did that.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Hey he said STOP not taper STOP.This is why you are in trouble.You cant read or follow directions.You ask for help then get it.Then ignore it WTF were you a abused child? The man is trying to help you.
    I am trying to avoid an estro rebound and wean myself off easily instead of stopping suddenly after over a year.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ArimidexBoy

I am trying to avoid an estro rebound and wean myself off easily instead of stopping suddenly after over a year.
    Then what is the point of this thread if you already set on what you are going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79
    I would like to see some supporting evidence of estrogen being a cause of early growth plate closure.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16649968/

Treatment with the aromatase inhibitor letrozole during adolescence increases near-final height in boys with constitutional delay of puberty.

Authors
    Hero M, Wickman S, Dunkel L.
    Journal
    Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2006 May;64(5):510-3.

Affiliation
    Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland.

Abstract
    OBJECTIVE: We investigated whether inhibition of oestrogen biosynthesis with the aromatase inhibitor, letrozole, during adolescence improves near-final height in boys with constitutional delay of puberty.

PATIENTS AND METHODS: Seventeen boys with constitutional delay of puberty were randomized to receive testosterone (T) enanthate (1 mg/kg i.m.) every 4 weeks for 6 months in combination with placebo (Pl, n = 8), or the aromatase inhibitor letrozole (Lz, 2.5 mg/day orally) (n = 9), for 12 months. After treatment, patients were followed up until near-final height. Height discrepancy was calculated as near-final height minus mid-parental target height.

MEASUREMENTS: The primary end point was the difference in near-final height between the groups treated either with T + Pl or T + Lz. Secondarily, height discrepancy and gain in height standard deviation score (SDS) were analysed in both groups.

RESULTS: Boys treated with T + Lz reached a higher mean near-final height than did boys on T + Pl (175.8 vs. 169.1 cm, respectively, P = 0.04). In T + Lz-treated boys, mean near-final height did not differ from their mid-parental target height (175.8 vs. 177.1 cm, P = 0.38), whereas in T + Pl-treated boys, mean near-final height was lower than mid-parental target height (169.1 vs. 173.9 cm, P = 0.007). T + Lz-treated boys had a greater increment in height SDS over the pretreatment height SDS than T + Pl-treated boys (+1.4 SDS vs.+0.8 SDS, P = 0.03).

CONCLUSIONS: Our findings indicate that in adolescent boys an increase in adult height can be attained by use of aromatase inhibitors.

PMID 16649968 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I'll post up more later if I can get to a computer.. Google "Aromatase Inhibitor affect height" and it should pull a bunch of good results, Pubmed alone has half a dozen + studies on this

That might be one of the studies I read actually, I think there is another one that was done a while ago.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    damn they gave those children 2.5mg of Letro per day! That is crazy amount. OP if you stop I think you will be fine. Research estrogen rebound and see if Liquidex can cause this. If it does you can get some Formeron from black lioin and use that for a few weeks after you stop the Liquidex. That is what I would do. Nice job on the 3 inches in height!

Thanks for all the responses I have now stopped Adex completely for a couple weeks and no noticeable side effects!

However I spoke to my doctor and told him everything I told you guys and he said that when my estrogen returns to "normal level" (where they would be if I never touched adex)
    then my body could sense the rise in estro and signal the plates to close?
    Not an estro "spike" just a steady rise to normal levels. He said I may have been better staying on until I had completely finished puberty?

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    I would listen to your doctor way before I listen to any of these dudes. They are not doctors! Your doctor actually sounds educated on HPTA unlike some.

If I were you I would do what my doc said. IF he gave me the green light and if you can grow another inch why the fvuck not. I think you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    I would listen to your doctor way before I listen to any of these dudes. They are not doctors! Your doctor actually sounds educated on HPTA unlike some.

If I were you I would do what my doc said. IF he gave me the green light and if you can grow another inch why the fvuck not. I think you will be fine.
    I've already stopped though is it a case of goodbye growth plates?

Thread Information